Let’s talk about 6 baby, Let’s talk about 2019-2020 LFC

Firemans4Horn

Not a fan of the new away kit, however, I saw a tweet about the possible inspiration and influences of the kit. The design that's an inlay is based on the Shankley Gates, which are awesome. The color is designed after the Liverbird that sits atop the Royal Liver Building in the city center. 

10 minutes ago, mdmost said:

That got me a touch misty over here. Love each person speaking in their native language. 

In more mindless kit speculation. Bleacher Report put together this rendering of what the kit might look like based on the leaks. If so, interested!

EUIvuaQXkAsGptQ?format=jpg&name=large

I have a boner, not sure if it’s from the kit or from Virgil.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mdmost said:

NBCSN is replaying 3 Liverpool City matches from 2014, 2017, and 2018 this morning if you're jonesing for some LFC. I'd skip the middle one at 9am. 

Not sure why they chose the ‘17 one. Not an interesting game at all past the red card. Klopp threw the towel in early. 

Enjoyed the others though. 🙂

2 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

Quarantine thoughts.

Was watching some highlights and it got me wondering what everyone thinks Trent’s future is? Is he a fullback for his entire career? Does he become more of an 8? Or a 6? What does everyone think of his trajectory over time?

IMNSHO he's too small to be a 6 and his crossing is too good to play him in the center. I could see him as a RM, but that's essentially the role he plays now. 

IMNSHO he's too small to be a 6 and his crossing is too good to play him in the center. I could see him as a RM, but that's essentially the role he plays now. 
Yup him and robbo are mf basically with klopps system...keep it as is

How many times we going to have this brought up

13 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

Quarantine thoughts.

Was watching some highlights and it got me wondering what everyone thinks Trent’s future is? Is he a fullback for his entire career? Does he become more of an 8? Or a 6? What does everyone think of his trajectory over time?

I'd keep him at @ RB. Theres uncertainty moving him to the middle. At RB we know we have the best in the world for the next decade.

That's contingent on the style of play remaining the same. If we hire someone after Klopp that doesn't emphasize the FBs as much then a move might make sense.

2 hours ago, maninblack said:

Whether they finish the season or not remains to be seen but there is simply no way you can just void the season and restart as some suggested. Seems to be what he’s saying here. There has to be winners and losers declared no matter what otherwise how do you decide what league everyone plays in

On 3/30/2020 at 8:10 AM, Cheeseweasel said:

I watched them and it's funny. I knew what's coming and I still got pissed off.

It is really funny how those teams seem like they were from 15 years ago. Nope just a few season ago........

Edited by HoffaJimmy

King Kenny has tested positive for Covid-19 but is asymptomatic. 

The Dalglish family have tonight released the following statement to supporters regarding Sir Kenny Dalglish.

Sir Kenny was admitted to hospital on Wednesday April 8 for treatment of an infection which required intravenous antibiotics. 

In keeping with current procedures, he was subsequently tested for COVID-19 despite having previously displayed no symptoms of the illness. Unexpectedly, the test result was positive but he remains asymptomatic. 

Prior to his admission to hospital, Sir Kenny had chosen to voluntarily self-isolate for longer than the advised period together with his family. He would urge everyone to follow the relevant government and expert guidance in the days and weeks ahead. 

He would like to take this opportunity to thank the brilliant NHS staff, whose dedication, bravery and sacrifice should be the focus of the nation’s attention at this extraordinary time.

He would also ask that they are given the space to do their jobs during what is an extremely challenging time for them and that his own family’s privacy is respected.

He looks forward to being home soon. We will provide further updates as and when it is appropriate.

Edited by mdmost

• 2 weeks later...

Ligue 1 has taken action. Should make it easier for EFL & bundesliga. 

So so what if season ends with these results; Bournemouth isn’t happy (relegated on gd), but almost everybody else would accept it. Leeds & WBA promote, easy decision; but Fulham on gd over Bees & Forest, those fans would take it hard. 

8 hours ago, Mossyhorn said:

Ligue 1 has taken action. Should make it easier for EFL & bundesliga. 

So so what if season ends with these results; Bournemouth isn’t happy (relegated on gd), but almost everybody else would accept it. Leeds & WBA promote, easy decision; but Fulham on gd over Bees & Forest, those fans would take it hard. 

Ligue 1 doesn't have to repay broadcasters £765M if they cancel the rest of their season. PL does.

• Like 1