Let’s talk about 6 baby, Let’s talk about 2019-2020 LFC

Firemans4Horn

39 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

No way we have the scratch for Sancho or Havertz (they’ll cost 2x Werner). 

Would be cool to Gruijc back next season. Hopefully Bournemouth pays us something stupid for Harry Wilson. 

How do you figure we're skint? We spent exactly nothing last summer. Then we fucked around and won the league. We made the knockout round of CL and have the CL money from last season. That's not even factoring in the TV money.

Werner wasn't an issue of money, I don't think. Not sure what happened, might've been a playing time issue or else we pulled out because we have a deal in the works for another attacker, but I would be shocked if we had no money for a front three player.

As for Wilson and Bournemouth, they're getting relegated, which means he's either back on our books or we try and offload him to a promoted side. 

I don't know what the asking price would be for Adama Traore – I'm guessing it'd be astronomical – but damn he'd be a good fit. Perfect player to come off the bench in the 67th minute when we need a change of pace.

Werner was 100% an issue of money. 

FSG have spent what they’ve made and invested other revenues into infrastructure and I’m fine with it. They haven’t taken on $1 of debt and don’t plan on it this season. 

Revenues are going to be tremendously down in 19-20 due to shortened champions league run, reduced TV money and no fans the last 9 games. Who knows what 20-21 season will look like revenue wise. The oligarch clubs might buy because FFP is turned off for a year but if you think this summer will be a normal free agency market in any professional sports league you’re crazy. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

FSG have spent what they’ve made and invested other revenues into infrastructure and I’m fine with it. They haven’t taken on $1 of debt and don’t plan on it this season. 

Revenues are going to be tremendously down in 19-20 due to shortened champions league run, reduced TV money and no fans the last 9 games. Who knows what 20-21 season will look like revenue wise. The oligarch clubs might buy because FFP is turned off for a year but if you think this summer will be a normal free agency market in any professional sports league you’re crazy. 

Hate to agree, but yep. 

4 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Of course it won't be a "normal" transfer window (in any league) but I don't think that precludes the champions of England from buying an attacking player. Maybe Sancho is unrealistic; does Dortmund have any sort of history of selling its best players for reasonable prices? 

Yea there is zero chance we are dropping a grip on a Sancho or Havertz especially considering we were immediately out on Werner once it became clear that Covid was going to shut things down. 
Let’s not forget that we probably won’t have fans in stadiums next season at all either so the revenue loss will be massive.

All this talk about signing an attacking player...its like everyone forgot we have minamino, he will get more time next year and know klopps system better.

Then we get to the legend Origi...then we have the young kids... brewster,elliott

So let's just see what happens next year before we give out big $ to a guy that will be behind mane,Salah, and bobby

On 6/27/2020 at 7:45 PM, 406W30th said:

Don't disagree on giving Jones, Hoever, and Neco a chance but I'd be really disappointed if we don't sign an attacker who can compete with the front three. At this point I feel like it has to be Sancho or bust.

Talent, age, nationality, position, circumstances (AFCON) and our lack of quality depth make it a no-brainer imo

On 6/28/2020 at 8:14 AM, hobbes2702 said:

Yea there is zero chance we are dropping a grip on a Sancho or Havertz especially considering we were immediately out on Werner once it became clear that Covid was going to shut things down. 
Let’s not forget that we probably won’t have fans in stadiums next season at all either so the revenue loss will be massive.

Werner's deal was different. The full amount of the buyout was due upon execution. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Werner's deal was different. The full amount of the buyout was due upon execution. 

Did not realize that. Well maybe we can organize a structure to get a Sancho or Havertz deal done. I would still say it’s highly unlikely with the economic instability  but would be awesome to add some strength as the big 6 look like they will all improve next season imo.

10 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Did not realize that. Well maybe we can organize a structure to get a Sancho or Havertz deal done. I would still say it’s highly unlikely with the economic instability  but would be awesome to add some strength as the big 6 look like they will all improve next season imo.

If the deal was like most then whatever the fee is it'll payed in even installments and amortized over the length of his first contract. 

We have some ready made depth that doesn't require a purchase after sale/release.

Lallana ---> Jones

Shaq ----> Taki

Origi ----> Elliot/Brewster

Clyne ----> Nico

Add in possible sales of Lovren, Wilson, Grujic and fringe academy guy we'll have the money to spend if we want.

The loss in revenue isn't just a Liverpool phenomenon. Everyone is feeling it across Europe. My suspicion is the club is looking to see how that loss affects asking prices. Three months ago £100M might have been the price for Sancho. It might still be but maybe not. From a profile perspective he does tick a lot of boxes. 

Shit load of unknowns right now which makes everything uncertain but that's probably an environment that Edwards and the FSG boys do well in.

Edited by maninblack
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

Am I the only one that would rather have Havertz than Sancho or Werner?

The worry with Havertz imo is that he'll eventually want to go back home to Germany. Sancho doesn't have that issue and also has a chip on his shoulder re: his time at City. I also think Sancho is more versatile and fits into our 4-3-3 better than Havertz, though Havertz looks a more natural finisher.

A couple of potential bargain bin buys, though admittedly very tangentially-related to Liverpool:

This one is far more speculative, but he's an out-and-out #9, which we lack, is perfect for Klopp's demanding gegenpress, and it's apparently his dream to play for Liverpool:

Wout Weghorst – Holland's taller, chunkier Jamie Vardy

10 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Jamal Lewis is my go to backup LB on fifa. So he must be good 

Would be a great deputy for Robertson and provide good comp. I wouldn't be surprised though if they go the hybrid CB/LB route. Regardless we absolutely need competent LB cover.

I'm interested in their midfield. KDB, Rodri and Foden Is probably their preferred midfield 3 next year. Wouldn't surprise me if Pep wants to see them against us. 

Also on this day in 2010 we hired that Richard Gere owl looking motherfucker. What a difference between the beginning and end of a decade.

Cheers

I have a pretty big boner that with 20% left in the season Liverpool has made a trip to Man City an irrelevant game and we get a guard of honor 😂. Probably the biggest sports flex for one of my teams since Texas Football beat Colorado 70-3 in the Big 12 championship. 

• Like 1