Let’s talk about 6 baby, Let’s talk about 2019-2020 LFC

Firemans4Horn

The ability for this team to turn it on when facing adversity is just breathtaking. What looked to be our toughest match at home is now a 3 goal lead. I don't get antsy anymore when it's 0-0 or even if we're down 1. They always respond. Just a testament to what Klopp has built. He's built a machine. 

Edited by mdmost

13 minutes ago, mdmost said:

The ability for this team to turn it on when facing adversity is just breathtaking. What looked to be our toughest match at home is now a 3 goal lead. I don't get antsy anymore when it's 0-0 or even if we're down 1. They always respond. Just a testament to what Klopp has built. He's built a machine. 

A 20-point lead at the top of the table will do that for you!

7 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

That was fun.  First time in awhile I was able to sit and watch a game, beginning to end, without distractions.

Just happened my kid has to take a test across the street from The Londoner. Worked out almost perfectly. Only down thing was the Liverpool room was full. 

22 points clear!!!

• Like 1

Just now, pied said:

Just happened my kid has to take a test across the street from The Londoner. Worked out almost perfectly. Only down thing was the Liverpool room was full. 

22 points clear!!!

i don't think i've ever watched a game in the Liverpool room.  i can't get there early enough.  but when we play the clinch the title, i'll get there early enough.

• Like 1

The one on Addison. Got there ~45 minutes before the game with the wife and all the seats were saved already. If it was me, I just would have stood. We got a table in the bar. She compliance about the smoke but whatever. 4-0. 

The love for Danny is cool. Wouldn’t have hurt my feelings if it were 4-1 w/him scoring. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/EnRouteAnfield/status/1223657115916611584

17 minutes ago, pied said:

The one on Addison. Got there ~45 minutes before the game with the wife and all the seats were saved already. If it was me, I just would have stood. We got a table in the bar. She compliance about the smoke but whatever. 4-0. 

The love for Danny is cool. Wouldn’t have hurt my feelings if it were 4-1 w/him scoring. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/EnRouteAnfield/status/1223657115916611584

Thanks.  Depending on the possible clinch date (/no jinx), I'd like to find a place with other supporters here in DFW.  Y'all had steered me to a place a couple of years ago when I moved back, but I never got around to going.  I ended up going to The Londoner in Rockwall for the important games.  It was never crowded, and I liked the food and drink, but I think I want a crowd for the next big game.

Thanks.  Depending on the possible clinch date (/no jinx), I'd like to find a place with other supporters here in DFW.  Y'all had steered me to a place a couple of years ago when I moved back, but I never got around to going.  I ended up going to The Londoner in Rockwall for the important games.  It was never crowded, and I liked the food and drink, but I think I want a crowd for the next big game.
The londoner is the spot just dont go to the rockwall one.....Addison/Colleyville are the busy ones

We got to the colleyville one last year for CL final at 10am and all tables were taken by like 11 for the 2pm kickoff
  • Like 1

I'm still in awe of how it went from tight at half to an utter blowout by the time the final whistle blew. Don't want to be hyperbolic but was that the best 2nd half of this season? They walked out of the half a completely different team. 2 weeks off? What the hell do I do till the 15th? I mean we have the Shrewsberry rematch on Tuesday. After that 4 of the bottom 6. 

9 clean sheets for Allison. Tied for the most in the EPL. That's with 10 weeks out due to injury. Having VvD, Andy, Robbo, and Gomez helps but Jesus. Again, thank you Philippe Coutinho, you little bitch. Your desire for the spotlight of Barcelona made all this possible.

Edited by mdmost

On 2/1/2020 at 11:06 AM, Jive Turkey said:

when you haven't won the top league in 30 years, you can't be too picky about things.

but god, i hope we clinch the title at Anfield Goodison

Fixed.

On the other hand, winning the league against Bournemouth on March 7 (the earliest date we could win the league) would mean winning it at Anfield and then getting a guard of honor at Goodison, which would really be the best of both worlds.

• Like 2

I wonder if we may stumble a bit with the increased frequency of matches due to Champions League starting back up this month and into March. Not losses but maybe some draws as we get spread a little more thin. Or not, given we're facing the bottom 6 and this team has laser focus. And we haven't drawn since October. I think Champions League will be our most likely point of adversity as there will be styles of play we haven't really gone up against. And I hate playing Spanish clubs. 

15 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I wonder if we may stumble a bit with the increased frequency of matches due to Champions League starting back up this month and into March. Not losses but maybe some draws as we get spread a little more thin. Or not, given we're facing the bottom 6 and this team has laser focus. And we haven't drawn since October. I think Champions League will be our most likely point of adversity as there will be styles of play we haven't really gone up against. And I hate playing Spanish clubs. 

It's very likely. Some mid table team is going to catch us on a bad day, keep it 0-0 until the end and lob a header in for a cheap win. 

I think we need to get the idea of "Invincible" out of our heads and do like Klopp is doing--focus on whether or not it wins us trophies. 

Invincible? Cool. Does it win us anything? Nah. I'd rather us make a run at the CL and rest people when the title is won than be undefeated and lose in the CL because we aren't rested. 

I don’t think our squad is looking ahead today and thinking of “invincibles” in the sense of finishing game week 38 undefeated. I think they are laser focused on a game by game approach and if we can keep that up for the next 13 games then we’ll see where we are at the end. 

There will definitely be squad rotation in league games once the league is sewn up. 

• Like 1