Let’s talk about 6 baby, Let’s talk about 2019-2020 LFC

Firemans4Horn

Ah, I go back to the defense had time to recover and failed to do so. And again, we see VAR is a wash. It didn't help us, even if that's the bullshit line people like to throw out to explain a team being 22 points clear of their closest peer. 

4 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

United did it. 2-0. Magic number is 6. 

So if City doesn't pull any points out of Wednesday's match with Arsenal, that means we can clinch against Everton right? Otherwise, we have two chances in a row to do it at Anfield, I think.

If City loses to both Arsenal and Burnley, we would clinch without even playing. Next one is the Merseyside Derby at Goodison. Then home to Crystal Palace. If we can clinch, I'd rather it be at Anfield. Those fans deserve to see it and celebrate it at home. If we falter at either, we'd have to wait until heading to City on April 5th. 

Also, there’s this

Edited by mdmost

Already seeing articles that Liverpool might clinch in an empty stadium and not be able to have a victory parade due to COVID-19. It all depends how quickly the virus spreads to the UK, I guess. They've had 273 confirmed cases in the UK through Sunday, with 5 deaths. Obviously, you want to have an abundance of caution and the well being of the public is first and foremost. It just sucks for the long suffering fandom to have to wait. Maybe City will do them a favor and lose another one before Monday. 

20 hours ago, mdmost said:

Already seeing articles that Liverpool might clinch in an empty stadium and not be able to have a victory parade due to COVID-19. It all depends how quickly the virus spreads to the UK, I guess. They've had 273 confirmed cases in the UK through Sunday, with 5 deaths. Obviously, you want to have an abundance of caution and the well being of the public is first and foremost. It just sucks for the long suffering fandom to have to wait. Maybe City will do them a favor and lose another one before Monday. 

Things have gone off the rails if we can't do a parade in late May.

7 hours ago, C-Man said:

Man City-Arsenal match postponed after Gunners players forced to self-isolate after contact with Olympiacos owner, who tested positive for coronavirus.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/11145695/man-city-vs-arsenal-postponed-coronavirus/

Not to be a scold, but please do not post links to that shitass fucking rag in the Liverpool thread.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/mar/11/arsenal-self-isolation-postpone-game-manchester-city-premier-league-coronavirus-covid-19

• Like 4