Let’s talk about 6 baby, Let’s talk about 2019-2020 LFC

Firemans4Horn

Excited to see Brewster and the other youngsters tomorrow. I think Sepp is with them but not sure his status. I need some VvD stalking the backend and barking out orders. Seriously might be my favorite thing to watch in person with an athlete. 

• Like 1

Game last night was great even though we lost. Crowd was a lot better than Charlotte last summer. Notre Dame Stadium is a very tight venue and a fantastic place to see a soccer match. Brother and I talked about going back sometime for a USC Notre Dame game. 

A8FC268E-0F90-4B45-AAC0-C8A0219E773A.jpeg

34B10880-B6A1-4D41-B25B-89ABBDC21BC3.jpeg

8555E1C4-C855-4912-8F3F-42A0475D389B.jpeg

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 4

On 7/20/2019 at 6:17 PM, mdmost said:

Game last night was great even though we lost. Crowd was a lot better than Charlotte last summer. Notre Dame Stadium is a very tight venue and a fantastic place to see a soccer match. Brother and I talked about going back sometime for a USC Notre Dame game. 

A8FC268E-0F90-4B45-AAC0-C8A0219E773A.jpeg

34B10880-B6A1-4D41-B25B-89ABBDC21BC3.jpeg

8555E1C4-C855-4912-8F3F-42A0475D389B.jpeg

It's like a different world compared to most of the rest of South Bend......

Paul Ince is a dummy but I think his assertion that Gareth Bale could be a useful player for Liverpool is actually pretty brilliant, and I'd never given it any thought before. Obviously something has to be done about his wages, but if Real want him gone so bad why not loan him to us for a couple years and split the wages?

As much as I want to see Brewster get his shot, I also worry about the opening set of fixtures when Mané, Firmino, and Salah are just getting back to sharpness. Doubt it happens but it could be pretty damn shrewd as he'd tick a lot of boxes for us.

Paul Ince is a dummy but I think his assertion that Gareth Bale could be a useful player for Liverpool is actually pretty brilliant, and I'd never given it any thought before. Obviously something has to be done about his wages, but if Real want him gone so bad why not loan him to us for a couple years and split the wages?
As much as I want to see Brewster get his shot, I also worry about the opening set of fixtures when Mané, Firmino, and Salah are just getting back to sharpness. Doubt it happens but it could be pretty damn shrewd as he'd tick a lot of boxes for us.
Yes, he is talented but i would still rather roll with origi( still young and health has held him back) and brewster.
Bale would most likely dont be to happy playing in the FA and scrub league/CL matches

16 minutes ago, 406W30th said:

I love the comms defending Mignolet. "He really didn't do much wrong, went in off his forearm."

Ha, didn't recognize Aldo's and Hunter's voices. Not used to hearing them call games on TV, but it makes sense that they'd defend Mignolet on that howler.

I didn't think we'd get in on any big names as I think Klopp is fine with the starting line. My issue is more the lack of signings that can help with depth issues. Now if the plan is to keep some of our young guys and give them work similar to TAA and Gomez then let's do it. If we loan them out and still don't sign for depth, I'll be scratching my head. 

"Big" name is relative. What I do think we need is quality depth meaning players that can push the player in front of them and aren't a significant dropoff in case of an injury or sub. At the moment we really only have that in 2 positions, CM and RCB. Outside of those two positions if there's an injury or sub it comes with a significant dropoff in quality.

If we don't strengthen and it's looking more likely we won't, then I would not prioritize cup matches. The minutes accumulated over the last few years  by our first team plus the minutes required for us to push for a league and UCL run make anything else prohibitive.

39 minutes ago, maninblack said:

"Big" name is relative. What I do think we need is quality depth meaning players that can push the player in front of them and aren't a significant dropoff in case of an injury or sub. At the moment we really only have that in 2 positions, CM and RCB. Outside of those two positions if there's an injury or sub it comes with a significant dropoff in quality.

If we don't strengthen and it's looking more likely we won't, then I would not prioritize cup matches. The minutes accumulated over the last few years  by our first team plus the minutes required for us to push for a league and UCL run make anything else prohibitive.

I don't disagree but I would say that any player(s) that could push the front three has to be borderline world class in order to be able to do so. I wouldn't rule out a complete surprise signing but I'm not expecting anyone of that caliber. I do think it's worth remembering that, as much as I hate the expression, Ox and Keita are almost like new signings. Ox obviously missed the entire year last year and will need some time to get back to fitness/sharpness, and Keita too is just getting back in the swing of things after AFCON and injuries, but they're both good enough to be in our first XI. I wouldn't be surprised to see Ox get some time at RB or LB at some point, assuming we don't sign anyone in those positions. Gomez is a decent option at RB but I'd much prefer he stay in the middle and develop as a CB.

• Like 1

Seems odd that we haven't been in on anyone significant this entire summer. 

agree with what others said above....ox is basically a transfer for us and klopp seems fine with giving the young guys some minutes

Like klopp said we had our big signings last 1.5 years...VVD, Alisson, kieta, fabinho

We dont need much and pretty much have the whole team on the right side of 30