Let’s talk about 6 baby, Let’s talk about 2019-2020 LFC

Firemans4Horn

9 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

t9sxsje4fjc51.jpg

Hard to put into perspective just how incredible our two fullbacks are. Trying to think of a fullback pairing that even comes close to these two and the best I can come up with is Roberto Carlos and Michel Salgado and they don't hold a candle to our boys:

In 2002-03, Roberto Carlos had 11 assists and five goals. Salgado had two assists and no goals. They were on the title winning side in La Liga (CL semifinalists) and were part of a defense that conceded 42 goals.

This season Trent had 13 assists and four goals. Robertson had 11 assists and two goals. We won the league (duh) and conceded 32 goals.

That type of production from a pair of fullbacks will almost surely never be replicated. It's obviously mentioned a lot when people talk about Klopp's Liverpool but I'm not sure it can be overstated just how important they are to this side.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Firemans4Horn said:

^ i also think Twitter stats merchants underrate what Hendo & Gini do when they are not on the ball or even on the tv screen that allows Robbo and Trent to flourish. 

We really play a 2-3-5 when Fab-Gini-Hendo is the midfield. It’s pretty remarkable the tactical evolution and recognition of skills that put this whole thing together.

I'm trying to think which player has benefitted the most from Klopp being manager. I mean Sadio and Mo went to the next level. Andy went from playing in front of 600 people to being one of the best LBs in the world. TAA fulfilled his dream to play for his childhood club. But really it has to be Hendo. He went from an above average player to the anchor of the best offense in the EPL. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 1