Rowing

Js1

The NCAA championships start on Friday. My niece is on the rowing team so I'll be tuning in. 

This has the chance to go down as one of the most dominant teams in Texas history. They've won 25/26 races so far this year and the only loss was the Second Four (who are basically backups). 

The three boats that will compete at the NCAA championships haven't lost a race all season.  

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

The NCAA championships start on Friday. My niece is on the rowing team so I'll be tuning in. 

This has the chance to go down as one of the most dominant teams in Texas history. They've won 25/26 races so far this year and the only loss was the Second Four (who are basically backups). 

The three boats that will compete at the NCAA championships haven't lost a race all season.  

Congratulations to your family. Having known crew folk well in college, I have the upmost respect for these athletes and dedication this sport requires. Amazing to see how it's spread nationally over the last 30 years.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Based on times in semis this is where the 3 contenders finished today

1 8s: Texas #1, Stanford #2, Washington #3

2 8s: Texas #1, Washington #2, Stanford #3

4: Stanford #1, Washington #2, Texas #3 

If that's how finals finishes this will be the final point totals

Texas 130 total points. 

Stanford 125 total points

Washington 123 total points

• Hook 'Em 1

My Longhorn son joined crew this Spring, which I thought was ridiculous since he had to get up at 4:40 5 days a week and got an extra hour of sleep on Saturdays. He stuck with it and ended up sitting stroke seat at ACRA a few weeks ago and got a medal.

Gives me a whole new appreciation for the sport and I’ve enjoyed watching the Horns keep winning. Three golds would be great but that’s going to be tough.

5 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Based on times in semis this is where the 3 contenders finished today

1 8s: Texas #1, Stanford #2, Washington #3

2 8s: Texas #1, Washington #2, Stanford #3

4: Stanford #1, Washington #2, Texas #3 

If that's how finals finishes this will be the final point totals

Texas 130 total points. 

Stanford 125 total points

Washington 123 total points

Well let’s finish better than 3rd in 4s and leave no doubt 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Aleemay said:

Fours get third place but most importantly ahead of Stanford and Washington

Yeah, Texas will take that result based on the semifinal times and projected times of the other boats. 

Princeton still has a shot at this thing but Stanford and Washington are considered the primary competition.