Hamilton at Bass Concert Hall

Beau Vine

33 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Now, for comparison purposes, I saw Rent Friday night. That one I’d recommend skipping.

Oh, no kidding.  I saw it in NYC and was appalled at how horrible the music was.  It was bad Broadway interpretation of 80's "rock" music.  ("Bad" as in "even worse than one might have imagined".)

For those going and didnt read their emails like me, they have the same clear bag policy as they do for sporting events.

Fuck that for a musical... Or all events in general.  I dont need "Safety Theatre" before I go to the Theatre.

Also, Hamilton was good, but did not match the hype train that preceded it.

Edited by smoky

1 hour ago, smoky said:

For those going and didnt read their emails like me, they have the same clear bag policy as they do for sporting events.

Fuck that for a musical... Or all events in general.  I dont need "Safety Theatre" before I go to the Theatre.

Abe Lincoln did, smartguy.

Saw it in New York a couple years ago, and again at Bass on Sunday.  Liked it even better the second time.  It's awesome.  I'd go again if the prices weren't so much. 

Creator Lin-Manuel Miranda was even in attendance Thursday.

Edited by LonghornSean

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Seen it twice now. Flew to Chicago to see it in January because the flight and 8th row right side orchestra seats + the airplane ticket were cheaper than the last row of the crappy Dallas theater.  Decided I really wanted to see it again soon since Chicago's showing is closing in Jan.. same with San Fran. So we decided to make the trip up friday for the tulsa show. 

2 songs in, I was very disappointed. I really didn't care for the performer playing Aaron Burr.. and wasn't a huge fan of Hamilton either... It made me want to book a flight to Chicago again for one more performance. 

Trying to decide if I'm going to drive down to see Les Miserables at the bass in a few weeks. They aren't coming to dfw this year. Next one I will see in dfw looks to be Phantom. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

This is gonna be awesome. I saw the Original Broadway Cast on February 18, 2016. It was a Thursday night. They performed during the Grammy’s on that Monday (Feb. 15), which was the first time most people saw what the show actually looked like. 

The night I saw it was phenomenal. The entire OBC performed. No understudies. Just electric.

I’ve seen several different touring casts perform since then but nothing touches the OBC (Puerto Rico was solid, with LMM back as Hamilton, but still not as strong). I’m already getting goosebumps. 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...