E3 2019

Storm the Field

While the Avengers game looks pretty badass and I'll probably buy it, it's being talked about as one of those Games as a Service type things like Destiny and I think they'll be including microtransactions like a motherfucker. After buying a few too many GaaS in the past few years and ditching them, I've told myself that I want to stay away from that business model in general. They say all new characters and regions will be free and no paid DLC. Hopefully that means they will only charge new skins and costumes but how often does that actually happen with these types of games?

Like I said, I'll probably buy it (meaning I'm sucker and I'll buy it) but I've developed a pretty cynical outlook when it comes to GaaS.

3 hours ago, angelfacedmongoloid said:

While the Avengers game looks pretty badass and I'll probably buy it, it's being talked about as one of those Games as a Service type things like Destiny and I think they'll be including microtransactions like a motherfucker. After buying a few too many GaaS in the past few years and ditching them, I've told myself that I want to stay away from that business model in general. They say all new characters and regions will be free and no paid DLC. Hopefully that means they will only charge new skins and costumes but how often does that actually happen with these types of games?

Like I said, I'll probably buy it (meaning I'm sucker and I'll buy it) but I've developed a pretty cynical outlook when it comes to GaaS.

They addressed that. They said they will be releasing new heroes and areas in a timely basis, and that all DLCs will be free and there will be no microtransactions or loot boxes.

Nintendo Presser:

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2:

Contra Anniversary Collection:

Trails of Mana:

Switch lineup:

Luigi's Mansion 3, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, The Witcher: Wild Hunt, Pokemon Sword & Shield, Panzer Dragoon, Deamon X Machina, Dragon Quest X S, The Dark Crystal, Ultimate Alliance 3, Astral Chain, No More Heroes 3, Resident Evil 5&6, Empire of Sin, Contra Rogue Corps, Mario & Sonic Olympic Games, Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remaster, Animal Crossing New Horizons, Trials of Mana, Spyro Reignited Trilogy, Hollow Knight Silksong, Ni No Kuni Remastered, Cadence of Hyrule, Minecraft Dungeons, Elder Scrolls Blades, My friend Pedro, Doom Eternal, The sinking city, Wolfenstein Youngblood, End of Daylight, Alien Isolation, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Stranger Things 3, Just Dance 2020, Catan, Super Lucky's Tail, Dauntless, Super Mario Maker 2, Super Smash Bros Ultimate 2 X Banjo-Kazooie

Edited by MillerEP

6 games I've got pre-ordered for this year are: Borderlands 3, Modern Warfare, Doom Eternal, Wolfenstein Youngbloods, Death Stranding, and the Outerworlds. I think 2020 will be the bigger year with Halo Infinite, Cyberpunk 2077, Ghost Tsushima, and Last of Us 2. Also with the next gen consoles coming out that year too.