2020 ATH Ja’Quinden Jackson

texifornia

On 12/12/2019 at 1:09 PM, C-Man said:

Perhaps this got posted in the catch-all 2020 Texas recruiting thread but thought it would be a nice bump here considering he's the last Texas commit playing in the state playoffs.

"You got a dog coming," said Jackson when asked about his message for Texas fans.

https://www.hookem.com/story/dotted-line-texas-commit-jaquinden-jackson-fans-got-dog-coming/

Hudson Card on line one for C-Man ... Hudson Card on line one for C-Man ....

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/3/2020 at 6:05 PM, hornfromdallas said:

going to be a match made in heaven paired with urban meyer 

Nice take.

1 minute ago, Hank_Hill said:

This also tells me Samples possible future employer (Herman) at Texas might not be here much longer so he doesn’t give a shit about burning bridges. 

Can you expand on this? Was there smoke that Samples was coming to Texas? Why would it not have happened last year when Herman redid his staff?

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Nice take.

Can you expand on this? Was there smoke that Samples was coming to Texas? Why would it not have happened last year when Herman redid his staff?

Because Herman couldn’t sell making Samples a position coach at Texas with no experience. Now, however, that could have been a possibility.

Edited by Hank_Hill

2 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Because Herman couldn’t sell making Samples a position coach at Texas with no experience. Now, however, that could have been a possibility.

Ah - I see after some googling. I had it reversed a bit. Seems like kind of a fuckup by Herman, then, since Samples has basically immediately proved his qualification in a year at SMU.

Herman was too stupid to be innovative when it needed to count. Come up with a stupid title you motherfucker. Co Passing Game coordinator or whatever. He needed to keep Samples, even if it was just for recruiting purposes.

• Rage+1 1

Just now, ztejas said:

Ah - I see after some googling. I had it reversed a bit. Seems like kind of a fuckup by Herman, then, since Samples has basically immediately proved his qualification in a year at SMU.

The list grows. That said plenty of people here would have bitched and moaned if we promoted a recruiting position guy with no real coaching experience without said one year of evidence.

3 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Herman was too stupid to be innovative when it needed to count. Come up with a stupid title you motherfucker. Co Passing Game coordinator or whatever. He needed to keep Samples, even if it was just for recruiting purposes.

I agree, but I can see both sides of it. 

If you thought both he and Card were going to stay, you were kidding yourself. Card has separated himself as the heir apparent and this is the inevitable result. It sucks but it’s the reality of signing two QBs in one class. 

Edited by Newy25
  • Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

The list grows. That said plenty of people here would have bitched and moaned if we promoted a recruiting position guy with no real coaching experience without said one year of evidence.

Just now, Hank_Hill said:

Obviously hindsight is 20/20. I'm sure someone else will poach him from SMU soon anyway. I've gotten numb to it.

Herman was also banking on this season being a success in which he 1. Wouldnt need Samples help recruiting and 2. Could easily have pulled Samples back after this season. That obviously didn't happen because he fucking sucks at his job. 

Edited by Hank_Hill
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

If you thought both he and Card were going to stay, you were kidding yourself. Card has separated himself as the heir apparent and this is the inevitable result. It sucks but it’s the reality of signing two QBs in one class. 

How do posters on here not understand this? 

Herman was also banking on this season being a success in which he 1. Wouldnt need Samples help recruiting and 2. Could easily have pulled Samples back after this season. That obviously didn't happen because he fucking sucks at his job. 

Yeah, but, we're Texas. 

3 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

1 minute ago, Hank_Hill said:

The aggravating part was that he kept someone like Drew Mehringer around for so long and it adversely affected the WR group. Herman tried inside and outside WR coaches, IIRC. So he could have easily done the same with Coleman and Samples. But Herman gonna MENSA.

But now it's all in on Team Card. Hopefully Card will have the benefit of a better head coach next seaon.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

The aggravating part was that he kept someone like Drew Mehringer around for so long and it adversely affected the WR group. Herman tried inside and outside WR coaches, IIRC. So he could have easily done the same with Coleman and Samples. But Herman gonna MENSA.

But now it's all in on Team Card. Hopefully Card will have the benefit of a better head coach next seaon.

Yea like I said I think Samples actions are pretty indicative that some change is coming. I think he and the Hermans are on pretty good terms and while that won't stop him from recruiting against us (Byrd) because he still has to do his job, I don't see him meddling with one of our current players unless TH is outy.

* Disclaimer: I also know fuckall about shit

Edited by Hank_Hill

12 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Thats what people at Georgie said when Fields transferred

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Thiefery said:

And y'all really gonna believe the $9.95ers with the kool-aid they spilled through out fall camp about Card?  I wanted to see Thompson, JJ and Card battle it out in the Spring.

This,I don't understand transferring 1 year in with 0 playing time no spring and limited practices

• Hook 'Em 2