Restaurant recommendations near Austin convention ctr?

Scary Stranger

59 minutes ago, Tailgate said:

Fixe is over rated. VY Steakhouse has some good grub.

Wrong on Fixe.

Nothing wrong with VY, but you can get the same food at half a dozen other steakhouses.

Edited by AustinMT

Lambert’s? Fuck no. Which would invalidate the rest of your list but the rest of it is good. I’m just going to assume you had a brain fart.

Wrong. Lambert’s is great as long as you don’t treat it like a typical bbq place and think you have to order brisket or sausage. Apps and salads are great as is all the grilled stuff. Grilled quail, grilled tbone pork chop, whatever fish they have on the menu are all very good. The coffee rubbed ribeye is one of the best steaks in town. Sides are all very good too.

Guest Lobo

Lambert's and Fixe are not near the Convention Center.  They are a quick Uber ride, but if the OP is serious about "near convention center", those recommendations are just wrong.  I like them both but they are not a fun walk in business attire in the summer. 

5 hours ago, Gale Snoats said:

Wrong. Lambert’s is great as long as you don’t treat it like a typical bbq place and think you have to order brisket or sausage. Apps and salads are great as is all the grilled stuff. Grilled quail, grilled tbone pork chop, whatever fish they have on the menu are all very good. The coffee rubbed ribeye is one of the best steaks in town. Sides are all very good too.

Great, now you tell me.

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Lambert's and Fixe are not near the Convention Center.  They are a quick Uber ride, but if the OP is serious about "near convention center", those recommendations are just wrong.  I like them both but they are not a fun walk in business attire in the summer. 

He mentioned Fixe in the OP so I assumed he was ok with anything within that general distance.  My apologies.  

Guest Lobo

Parkside is close enough.  Eddie V's, although a chain is good.  Stella San Jac, while a hotel restaurant is good with fun eye candy.  And then that hidden bar by the barber shop on East 5th.  He's a surly poster IIRC.