EPL 2019-20

Firemans4Horn

3 hours ago, MoJames said:
5 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Which match?

The Chelsea one to give a PK, not even close to a tie with Firmino.

Jorginho stuck out a leg about 6 feet away from the ball. It was a penalty for me. Sad that EPL officials only call a player getting murdered in the box a penalty which has forced players to embellish fouls. 

This thread had had some good analysis:

On 10/29/2019 at 9:37 AM, MoJames said:

So to avoid any confusion on the teams without any recent success.

Aston Villa - Ramjet

Newcastle United - Bottle cap

Everton - sidis, bones

Southampton - YoLaDu

Norwich - morehornsepower and ALTLonghorn (maybe)

Lester City - Ted Lasso (we don't have any supporters that I know of)

Manchester United - Dertyberd

Anyone I'm forgetting?

QPR- LonghornSean

• Like 1

On 11/2/2019 at 2:07 PM, Jive Turkey said:

that might be the worst VAR decision to date.

not sure what this is in reference to, but i'll bet dollars to donuts that it wasn't worse than the VAR decision which cost Arsenal a win one week ago. I'll try and find video.

imagine your team losing a game on this review: https://streamable.com/sg3t2?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Edited by Goo Punch

2 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

Andre Gomes suffered a horror injury today. his foot ended up at a 90 degree angle. google or twitter if you must, but it's really bad. 

I thought the red on Son was a reactionary and poor decision by Atkinson. Son clipped Gomes’ ankles. Gomes injured himself when he collided with Aurier. Atkinson had it right initially giving Son a yellow and changed it after seeing Gomes’ injury.

• Like 1

I just spent a bunch of time watching as much of the replays as they will show you of Gomes' injury (no one is showing the actual).

Son didn't deserve the red card, I'll be honest, this might have just been a freak accident, but if anyone deserved anything it was Aurier. Son was certainly going for a tactical foul, but that should have only been a yellow, not red.

SO WARNING, I am going to link to some awful injury pictures, you have been warned.

First here is one of the most clear pictures of the injury, don't click the link unless you like looking at injuries: https://i.imgur.com/MYOjIkX.jpg

It looked painful as you can see by this picture (spoilered for the look on his face):

Spoiler

HD5fOyj.png

So here is the live play and replays that NBC showed. If you watch the first 35 seconds, you will see a Gomes' leg turned, again, you've been warned.

https://streamable.com/bedyw

The key replay there is the one they show around 0:50 - you see Son's challenge, Gomes steps through it, but it thrown off balance, he starts to go down but his right leg is moving into an awkward position. And you see Aurier coming in.

This is his challenge (right before the injury, but spoilered anyway):

Spoiler

16e32946bdcd048d.jpg

Moving forward + his foot being stopped, It doesn't take a genius to know what happened.

This is the moment of injury:

https://i.ibb.co/D5YWd5G/ezmaywurkiw31.jpg

It's possible that even without Aurier that injury happens, but he certainly was a bigger cause than Son.

BTW - it's been diagnosed as a fracture dislocation, so he will be down a while.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2019 at 12:05 PM, Bone3421 said:

You know my team is 6pt clear at the top(you know that i know i know you know, ya know )....now sidis and my dad's/cousins team are shitting the bed

well we finally flipped the script last weekend with the spurs (of course it would be the spurs).  for once, we didn't give up a 99th minute goal to drop points but maybe we'll beat them by three touchdowns!

god we are frustratingly bad.  and we really shouldn't be imo.

well we finally flipped the script last weekend with the spurs (of course it would be the spurs).  for once, we didn't give up a 99th minute goal to drop points but maybe we'll beat them by three touchdowns!
god we are frustratingly bad.  and we really shouldn't be imo.
Yeah agree with you about you shouldn't be this bad...richarlison,kean,iwobi,lewinwas supposed to be a quite good attack that hasnt really got going

Defense....there is no words

Gotta love idiots who have no idea about the friendly derby and that families have been split on toffees/reds for a 100 years.

Long as liverpool wins i dont care where everton is...if there 2nd great then at least family got an enjoyable season after 35 years of nothing.

Maybe your just pissed because Everton even with being garbage for 35 years still has more league wins than Chelsea. I'll keep check scores and stats for everton to talk to dad about it all i want.....so in short, fuck off mo