EPL 2019-20

Firemans4Horn

01) the handball non-call was far from clear cut. there is nothing intellectually dishonest about thinking it should have been called. If you fail to see the validity of the argument, i would contend you are the one being intellectually dishonest.
02) Salah was in more of an offside position on the second goal than the Sheffield player was in the Spurs game Saturday, but VAR called that one offside.
Look, i get it, it's difficult and tiring to have to defend the breaks Liverpool seem to get after every match. I wish it wasn't happening either.
 Fabinho's strike was a beauty. Mane's goal was legit.

1.) It clearly hit Bernardo in the arm redirecting it's flight. If you can't admit that then there's no point going forward.

2.) 620f08e9602ad3c2c63f18948ad38c3a.jpg

It's easy kicking your ass because you're so emotionally attached to being anti Liverpool that you won't admit the truth. Show me on the doll where Liverpool touched you.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, MoJames said:

You Scousers sure get all up in arms about being called out. 

3fzuhm.jpg

Yea I think it’s more that everyone is tired of yoladu bitching every time LFC wins a game. The complaints, every week, are fucking transparent bullshit. LFC is the best team in the world right now and a lot of that is in thanks to great scouting by Soton. Sucks to suck.

And MiB is right on both points.

1) It hits Silva’s arm so any handball claims are dubious at best.

2) Salah was clearly onside. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hobbes2702 said:

Yea I think it’s more that everyone is tired of yoladu bitching every time LFC wins a game.

not every win, jeez.. 3 very specific wins Man City,  Leicester, Spurs

Hell,  i didn't even bitch about when you beat Soton 2-1 back in mid August -  beat us fair and square, nothing to bitch about.

I even showed restraint, not saying a peep when Mane got a yellow for diving in the Villa game.

Edited by yoladu

2 minutes ago, yoladu said:

not every win.. 3 very specific wins Man City,  Leicester, Spurs.

Hell,  i didn't even bitch about when you beat Soton 2-1  back in mid August -  beat us fair and square.

Gosh, i even showed restraint, not saying a peep when Mane got a yellow for diving in the Villa game.

Cool so there is no reason to bitch about the outcome of any of those games since the right decisions were made. The first City goal probably should have been stopped for hands but in no way should it have been a penalty for city since, you know, their guy handled it first.

And that yellow Mane got when his foot clearly got stepped on was an awful decision by the official. 

Again, if you were watching objectively you would see that but you’re not. 

6 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Cool so there is no reason to bitch about the outcome of any of those games since the right decisions were made. The first City goal probably should have been stopped for hands but in no way should it have been a penalty for city since, you know, their guy handled it first.

And that yellow Mane got when his foot clearly got stepped on was an awful decision by the official. 

Again, if you were watching objectively you would see that but you’re not. 

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you probably aren't watching objectively either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

Then tell me where I’m wrong

Ok.

You are wrong by using an argument stating he isn't watching the game objectively thus inferring that you in fact are watching the game objectively. You could've clarified this a bit by saying VAR is doing it's best to watch the game objectively removing your non-objective watching from the equation but you didn't.

The LiVARpool argument is silly because like all officiating, it balances out in the end. Liverpool had VAR calls go against them in the Villa and Man U games. In both games, like most games so far this season, they overcame early game deficits to win the game in the end. That's the difference thus far for this year's Liverpool squad. They aren't losing points like previous years. And we still have a long way to go with the teams on our heels looking pretty damn salty. 

52 minutes ago, mdmost said:

The LiVARpool argument is silly because like all officiating, it balances out in the end. Liverpool had VAR calls go against them in the Villa and Man U games. In both games, like most games so far this season, they overcame early game deficits to win the game in the end. That's the difference thus far for this year's Liverpool squad. They aren't losing points like previous years. And we still have a long way to go with the teams on our heels looking pretty damn salty. 

morocco var GIF by nss sports

And it runs both ways.

I think VAR sucks.  It's added time to games, confusion among fans, and think that it has gotten the decisions wrong several times which makes no sense, given its purpose.  There have been several offside calls, where I've seen the video/still and still have no idea if the player's offside.  

The fact that it MAY have reversed the first goal is nuts in my opinion and one of the main problems with it.  In American football, and most of the times in basketball, there is a natural stoppage to review.  There isn't in soccer and this highlights the issue IMO.  I guess you can take away the Fabinho goal and give Liverpool a free kick in their area where Bernardo hit it, ~20 seconds earlier. 

I've been more annoyed than pleased with it. The fact that Sterling was aiming at the defenders hand to get a PK with VAR is just nauseating. It's the new diving approach. I think the rules for offside need tweaked, use the feet as the defining line, ignore the head/body etc. Easier to define the line and technology should be able to do the rest.

3 minutes ago, MoJames said:

I've been more annoyed than pleased with it

I'd be shocked if this wasn't 99.9% of fan's opinions. Refs miss calls. I think we are all pissed about it, but it happens. Throwing VAR in the mix has done NOTHING to improve the amount of correct calls. It's only slowed down the game and muted celebrations.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MoJames said:

I've been more annoyed than pleased with it. The fact that Sterling was aiming at the defenders hand to get a PK with VAR is just nauseating. It's the new diving approach. I think the rules for offside need tweaked, use the feet as the defining line, ignore the head/body etc. Easier to define the line and technology should be able to do the rest.

Wonder how accurate the view is, is it 100% down the line?  

IMO, if you want to use the technology, then have a defined length, 6" or maybe a foot and if VAR determines it's within that distance, defer to the call on the field.  

Here's an aspect of the rule, not necessarily VAR, that irritates me.  Villa scored off a free kick.  Several players rushed the line, two being offside, the player who scored wasn't  so it stood.  Reason is that the other two weren't "involved" which is crap from the keeper's perspective.

• Like 1

VAR being the story yesterday takes away from the absolute world class passing that Trent and Andy had in getting that ball to Salah for the header. Just absolute class to have to full backs ping pong a ball all the way down the field to the attacker who heads it in. 

And funny about the Sterling searching for a handball call on Trent in the Liverpool end. A similar play by Mane in the Champions League Final got Liverpool the early penalty that changed the game.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, pied said:

Wonder how accurate the view is, is it 100% down the line?  

How do they use it on goals? Is there literally a device in the goal?

Also, with what the NFL has done with the first down line ect, the technology is getting to the point it can draw a straight line across the pitch.

Screen-Shot-2018-06-15-at-09.58.02.png

So this is the Goal technology. So if I'm reading this correctly it just needs to be able to pick up the ball. Wonder if this could be extended to a players boots/shoes? Either way I don't think it would be the same as the Goal tech for a bit, just identify a line, put a variable distance 3-6 inches, if the player is more than that offsides, computer sends info. If it is within that distance, up to the ref, otherwise, onside.

Looks like everyone was having fun yesterday....

Var isnt working well and it does kill the celebration like cheese mentioned.

Offsides... lasers lined up across pitch paired with a computer for processing info?
Pretty sure lasers are used for baseball exit velocity and that stuff on tv; so just gotta find a way to tweak it possibly to fit....or im talking batshit craziness

i never thought this thread would get weirder than the recruiting thread but it is flirting.
liverpool is super good which is admittedly a mild annoyance. 
2 points dropped coming on 12/4 though...
Not going to lie the longer this streak goes the more nervous i get...everton have gone 18 matches without beating liverpool. Thats the longest in series history of course.
Its been since October 2010, so i wouldnt be shocked if they throw a wrench in the plans this year.

They are super hungry for a win....BUT are they good enough

27 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:

Not going to lie the longer this streak goes the more nervous i get...everton have gone 18 matches without beating liverpool. Thats the longest in series history of course.
Its been since October 2010, so i wouldnt be shocked if they throw a wrench in the plans this year.

Doesnt count. The Roy period never happened. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bone3421 said:

lol no