EPL 2019-20

Firemans4Horn

6 minutes ago, yoladu said:

Leicester?  They couldnt beat Norwich today. (Hell, Southampton beat Norwich, and Southampton is garbage).

Leicester has nearly half the wages bill that Liverpool has.. they are going to fade / fading. They aren't competing for any title this year.

OK. i guess we agree to disagree.

Yeah, half the wages bill Leicester has never been a threat to win the Premier League. 

14 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Yeah, half the wages bill Leicester has never been a threat to win the Premier League. 

Leicester is going to match the 81 points they got in 2014-2015? I guess you could argue they might

Is Liverpool going to have less than 81 points this year? Liverpool would have to drop 31 points in their next 21 matches (or close to 1.5 points per match for the rest of the season). That ain't gonna happen.

Injuries, Champions League, Club World Cup. There's plenty that could happen. Until Liverpool wins the EPL, I will continue to believe that something will happen that makes them bottle it again. This is the Liverpool way. 

When we're mathematically clear, with Henderson lifting the EPL title at Anfield, then I will share that sentiment. 

ULmc8L0a_400x400.jpg

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, mdmost said:

On Boxing Day, there could be a 3 point swing to LC's favor. Then they're only 7 points back. It's far from over. 

They could be seven (or nine) back going into the Boxing Day game after Liverpool miss next week’s fixture. Of course we’ll have a game in hand but point wise they can close it to four (beating City next week and Liverpool later). 

Bernd Leno has been the best keeper in the league this season bar none. He's been doing stuff like this left and right:

http://arsenalist.com/f/2018-19/leno-save-on-de-bruyne-2019-12-15.html?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

That's a spectacular save, and we've been wasting saves like that from him all season. Arsenal would seriously be in the relegation zone without him and Auba this year. They're all we've had. Man it is going to take a lot to un-fuck this situation.

5 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

http://arsenalist.com/f/2018-19/leno-save-on-de-bruyne-2019-12-15.html?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

That's a spectacular save, and we've been wasting saves like that from him all season. Arsenal would seriously be in the relegation zone without him and Auba this year. They're all we've had. Man it is going to take a lot to un-fuck this situation.

Helluva save. Even more impressive given that DeBruyne basically took the ball off Foden and Leno couldn't have seen it until after he'd hit it. One of the best saves of the season for sure. 

Just now, Firemans4Horn said:

Please offer up a counter point instead of tired memes. 

The Wat lady will never be tired.

KDB is the singularly most overrated EPL player of my 4 plus decade life. Liverpool alone has 4 or 5 dudes better than him with Salah, Mane etc..

35 minutes ago, G650 said:

KDB is the singularly most overrated EPL player of my 4 plus decade life. Liverpool alone has 4 or 5 dudes better than him with Salah, Mane etc..

Agree to disagree. When healthy KDB is the best midfielder on the planet more weekends than not.

I do think Mane is better the last 18 months due to health and the level he’s hitting week in and week out. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dertyberd said:

You throw those two on United and they're a top four team immediately.  Thats how good KDB is.  Easily the best passer/playmaker in England and he keeps getting better.  He's this generation's Paul Scholes.  

you throw VVD on Southampton, and Southampton stays up.

11 hours ago, G650 said:

Lol wut? KDB is the best midfielder in the world. And the only LFC player I would even consider ahead of him other than Virg is Sadio. That said, KDB is the best player in the premier league not named VvD

• Like 1