EPL 2019-20

Firemans4Horn

1 minute ago, LonghornJudas said:

Wolves and SHU both screwed on offside today. That was a great ball and finish by Bravo.

Wolves weren’t screwed. I don’t like the call as I said earlier and think it’s antithetical to the point of offsides but he was ever so slightly off from all the images we saw.

2 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

taylor twellman has as much of a right to an opinion on anything prem as the entire sec has a right to an opinion on anything in college football.

Well, we let you post here, so my advice is those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

10 hours ago, 406W30th said:

VAR fuckin sucks. Just get rid of that shit.

In the last 3/4 weeks. Anthony Taylor has failed to give a stone wall pen to United against City. He failed to give a stone wall pen to Chelsea against Spurs & gave handball against us yesterday for a perfectly good goal. All of these awful decisions were overuled by VAR.

But it's VAR that's being ridiculed not the officials.

1 minute ago, maninblack said:

In the last 3/4 weeks. Anthony Taylor has failed to give a stone wall pen to United against City. He failed to give a stone wall pen to Chelsea against Spurs & gave handball against us yesterday for a perfectly good goal. All of these awful decisions were overuled by VAR.

But it's VAR that's being ridiculed not the officials.

In the last two days, VAR ruled out two goals that were, at best, absolutely razor-thin offside decisions. It did the same thing earlier in the year w/ a Firmino goal. For every decision it seemingly gets right, it has made an equivalent blunder.

It sucks the joy out of goals. It sucks. Anthony Taylor fuckin sucks too. So does Martin Atkinson. VAR sucking ass and a decent percentage of referees sucking ass are not mutually exclusive. Not sure where you got that idea.   

Your gripe is with the offsides interpretation. They can change that but it's being applied the same across all teams that's why there's universal frustration.

However, it doesn't mean it hasn't caught blatant mistakes from the officiating as well. Why is that being forgotten in this discussion?

I got you a shirt.

71854cb679bab29c54c0c3b97d4a450d.jpg

I'm going with 1)S America, 2)Europe, 3)Africa, but this is surprisingly close imo. Messi puts SA over the top but Europe has the best "worst player" (Lewa/Mbappe > Auba and Aguero), while Africa probably has their best 3 since Drogba, Eto'o, and Adebayor/Gyan were all playing.

Edited by Goo Punch

On 1/7/2020 at 2:51 PM, Goo Punch said:

42541a92de0ad0ab9de267ad91a6d299.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think Gael Clichy’s mom or Antonio Valencia’s mom would even put them in their premier league team of the decade. Also have no idea how Fabianski would make it in ahead of Cech or De Gea. 

Edited by Firemans4Horn
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, mdmost said:

It’s why they’re probably both getting relegated. 

Watford ain't getting relegated. Pearson's led a remarkable turnaround, with 13 of their 22 points coming in his 6 matches in charge (and one of those was against Liverpool).

Burnley look lifeless and I wouldn't be shocked to see them go down, along with Norwich and Bournemouth.