EPL 2019-20

Firemans4Horn

On 1/11/2020 at 9:09 AM, Firemans4Horn said:

VAR corrects a referees screw up once again. 100% a red card on that Aubameyang tackle. I hope VAR intervenes more on those type of tackles going forward. 

Listen to the "Two Robbies" podcast this week. They talk with Mark Clattenburg and he has some fantastic thoughts on VAR and refereeing in general.

8 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Hat tip to Sergio Aguero. Guy has been banging in goals for a decade and became the highest scoring player in EPL history from outside Greatness Britain. 

So crazy that he's never scored at Anfield, registering just two shots on goal (ten shots in total). 

• Like 1

On 1/13/2020 at 5:03 PM, Firemans4Horn said:

His positioning is unbelievable. And he catches damn near everything. 

Ospina stays underrated. He was as good at Arsenal as any other GK we had- Szczesny, Cech, Fabianszky- just as good as any of them. Great shot stopper. His only weakness is commanding the box on corners and FKs due to his size. If he had the same skill but was 6'3" he'd be world class.

It really is getting fucking ridiculous how hard it is for Arsenal to win a penalty at this point. I'm generally not one of those people to blame officials or to accuse officials of "screwing my team", but you could make a fucking ridiculous highlight reel of penalties that should have been given over the last couple of years that haven't been. There's really no excuse or explanation for any of this. We are shite enough as it is without the officials going against us too.

from today: no penalty given, review done over the earpiece in ~2 seconds flat-

468c1dfa6b8f134eb878d686daee624e.jpg

i mean this is just stupid:

b3fb6c0150c9e9c6a5af4240ab7f92cd.jpg

fucking frustrating man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Bone3421 said:

Burnley keeper saves a penalty.... Leicester might drop points also

1-1 currently with 15 mins left

If Liverpool beats man United i might get on board with the league being wrapped up

Dude it’s over.  You guys are arguably the greatest team in league history this year.  It has been over for a while a now.  Congrats and enjoy the ride.

I’m just hoping we can put a decent run together in the champions league, but with our defensive issues I don’t have much hope for that.  

• Like 2

it is as if i declared that two months ago.  been over for a while.  the chase for invincible status is the only drama remaining.

meanwhile, not drawing shitty teams like west ham is precisely what i was hoping ancelotti could help change around the other side of town...so frustrating.

someone with an abundance of time needs to do a data pull on everton.  there cannot possibly be another club that has given up leveling or losing goals in second half extra time as many times as the toffees.  jesus fucking christ.  2-0 lead in the 84th minute?  watch this!

5 minutes ago, sidis said:

someone with an abundance of time needs to do a data pull on everton.  there cannot possibly be another club that has given up leveling or losing goals in second half extra time as many times as the toffees.  jesus fucking christ.  2-0 lead in the 84th minute?  watch this!

You hate to see it. Typical Steve Bruce smash and grab...

Edited by Cheeseweasel
wot

6 minutes ago, sidis said:

I'm getting a feeling that Chelsea is going to try to do something similar. I dunno, maybe a late shot without pace that bounces off Kepa's face into the net.