EPL 2019-20

Firemans4Horn

2 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Haha, did we allow Arsenal to put another man on the field?

That was cool how Emerson didn't kick the ball out with Tammy obviously needing a sub.

It's also cool how our entire midfield forgot how to be positionally sound on defense and were just running around like they didn't know what the fuck to do.  

Martinelli and Saka down that left side have been great since being called upon. What a shift each of them put in. And then Bellerin, with the left foot, from outside the box; wow. Musti gonna Musti, but the resolve to come back twice while being down a man for over an hour was awesome. Arteta in.

14 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Kepa really does remind me of Mignolet. 

After watching the game, I sat and tried to think of something he does really well.  I couldn't think of anything.  He's supposed to be great with the ball at his feet, but even that he managed to fuck up twice during the past two games.  

Edited by Longhornfan1024

18 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Kepa really does remind me of Mignolet. 

i saw recently that he was rated something like 3rd from the bottom in all of Europe's top leagues in some GK rating or another. his save % is hilariously bad, and apparently he isn't good at much else either.

16 hours ago, mdmost said:

Southampton are 3 points from being tied for 5th.

and yet, i don't feel safe from relegation! Anyone else think there might be a relegated team on 40 or more points this season?

there is a lot more equity in the league this year (sans one team). I can't decide if the small clubs have gotten better or the big clubs have gotten worse.

1 hour ago, Cheeseweasel said:

This is the craziest table ever.

because i was curious, i went back to the last 5 season tables to look at the point separation between the 5th place and 19th place team at matchweek 24

19/20 - 5th place 34 points | 19th place : 23 points - difference 9 points

18/19 - 5th place 47 points | 19th place : 17 points - difference 30 points

17/18 - 5th place 45 points | 19th place : 20 points - difference 25 points

16/17 - 5th place 46 points | 19th place : 19 points - difference 27 points

15/16 - 5th place 40 points | 19th place : 19 points - difference 21 points

19th place Watford is 9 points from being tied for 5th. What 19th place team could say that 2/3s into the season in the past?

Edited by yoladu
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Bone3421 said:
4 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:
So the Saudi Arabian Sovereign Wealth Fund is in talks to buy Newcastle per the WSJ and SkySports.

Didnt Newcastle have a big Saudi buyer earlier that fell through???

Some prince that multiple people said didn't have the money required. He had also tried buying Liverpool before John Henry.

• Like 1

Liverpool is on the verge of locking up top 4 spot. The teams "tied" at 5th place are United, Spurs and Wolves all at 34 points. With 14 games left, that means max points for them is 76 points. Liverpool sits at 70.

Next Matchday (25):
Liverpool v Soton
United v Wolves
Spurs v Man City

Matchday 26:
Norwich City v Liverpool
Wolves v Leicester City
Aston Villa v Spurs
Chelsea v United

Pretty tough schedule for everyone else, Liverpool conceivably lock up Champions League with 2 wins.