EPL 2019-20

Firemans4Horn

So, I know this thread is chocked full of irrational Everton haters...but can someone tell me I’m not being objective in saying that we just got royally fucked on that? WTF?!?!

and that’s a huge 2 points in this race. Damnit. 

Jesus Christ... Everton got screwed. Line of sight? De Gea got to watch that clearly go into the back of the net.

i thought VAR was supposed to even out referee bias for the top clubs.. it just seems to now more clearly highlight that it occurs!

2 hours ago, yoladu said:

Jesus Christ... Everton got screwed. Line of sight? De Gea got to watch that clearly go into the back of the net.

i thought VAR was supposed to even out referee bias for the top clubs.. it just seems to now more clearly highlight that it occurs!

When did Soton become a top club?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, sidis said:

So, I know this thread is chocked full of irrational Everton haters...but can someone tell me I’m not being objective in saying that we just got royally fucked on that? WTF?!?!

and that’s a huge 2 points in this race. Damnit. 

I don't see how that ruling goes against Everton.

The league's statement makes ZERO sense

Yellow cards for simulation are so often stupid.  Fred just got kicked right in the ankle and went down and got a yellow.  You can feel there's not enough contact for a card/penalty and that's fine but you should be damn sure there was no contact before you start giving out cards for diving imo.

• Like 2

Serie A is now completely shutting down for the time being. This would be the most Liverpool thing ever to have the EPL shut down and not declare a champion for 2019/20.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/italian-serie-a/story/4071104/serie-a-all-sport-in-italy-expected-to-be-halted-due-to-coronavirus

All sports in Italy have been halted because of the coronavirus outbreak, including games in Serie A and preparatory events for the Tokyo Olympics, Italy Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte confirmed in a television address on Monday.

Conte said the suspension -- which is part of a countrywide lockdown -- would go into effect on Tuesday.

Earlier Monday, the Italian Olympic Committee (CONI), which oversees all sporting events in the country and had initially recommended the ban to the Italian government, said the stoppage would last until April 3.

17 hours ago, C-Man said:

Serie A is now completely shutting down for the time being. This would be the most Liverpool thing ever to have the EPL shut down and not declare a champion for 2019/20.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/italian-serie-a/story/4071104/serie-a-all-sport-in-italy-expected-to-be-halted-due-to-coronavirus

They'll play but it'll be behind closed doors if they do anything.

Well, it's here. Arsenal-Man City has been postponed due to COVID-19. The Olympiacos owner contracted COVID-19. Arsenal players came in contact with him 13 days ago. The players will remain in their homes for 14 days. 

Edited by mdmost