EPL 2019-20

Firemans4Horn

3 hours ago, midtown said:

Very impressive. Pretty amazing what can happen when everyone from ownership down is committed to winning.

also pretty embarrassing what can happen when everyone at or near the top is only concerned with making a profit. i saw a stat the other day that showed that KDB, in *markedly* fewer games this season, has more goals *and* assists than the entire Arsenal midfield for 19/20. and it's not even close. as long as Kroenke keeps making his money then nothing will change. I believe that *everyone* will remember that I said that this would happen when we fired AW because no one could balance the books while remaining competitive like him. now we (Arsenal supporters) all have to hope that Arteta can get us back into the Champions League on the backs of players like Joe Willock, Reiss Nelson, Eddie Nketiah, and Gabriel Martinelli. ugh. i'm seriously jealous of Liverpool fans right now. congrats y'all. 

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 1

KDB is one of my favorite players but he’s not a traditional midfielder in my opinion. He’s in the danger zone whipping in crosses/shots 95% of the game without being asked to track back and cover the lb or rb. 

People (even LFC “fans”) crap on LFC’s midfield for lack of goal involvement but they do exactly what Klopp wants out of them to perfection. Watching Hendo cover Trent on the right and Gini cover Robbo on the left and Fabinho mopping up for everyone is why the whole system works. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

i'm seriously jealous of Liverpool fans right now. congrats y'all. 

Thanks, man. I feel like the relationship between FSG & Klopp was the key. He wanted to keep Coutinho, but probably got the word from FSG that he could use that money to build what he wanted. There's no doubt the cornerstone of this club is Klopp's system utilizing our backs as wings, pressing hard, being patient when needed. And it sure helps having Alisson & VVD. We have so many leaders on the pitch and the fact that Klopp trusted Henderson to Captain this team when so many people wanted him out turned him from a decent player to a guy who would walk thru a wall for LFC. 

• Like 1

Grealish goes missing for extended stretches. Defense looks as coordinated as the worst USMNT effort. And a team that just doesn't look interested in being there.

Damn it sucks to be this pessimistic, but I just don't see any spark that will light this Villa squad on fire to stay up.

There's too much history and pride in this club to let this happen. Fuck.

Oh well, at least I have college football this fall... Wait. What?

4 hours ago, RamjetFDO said:

Grealish goes missing for extended stretches. Defense looks as coordinated as the worst USMNT effort. And a team that just doesn't look interested in being there.

Damn it sucks to be this pessimistic, but I just don't see any spark that will light this Villa squad on fire to stay up.

There's too much history and pride in this club to let this happen. Fuck.

Oh well, at least I have college football this fall... Wait. What?

Just wait until the inevitable loss to Rotherham next November as we fall to 15th in the Championship table to only crawl back to 6th over the rest of the season and have it come down to the playoffs...again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SimonBolivar said:

Just wait until the inevitable loss to Rotherham next November as we fall to 15th in the Championship table to only crawl back to 6th over the rest of the season and have it come down to the playoffs...again.

The Championship *is* exciting ... you have to give it that, at least.

First of all, congrats to Liverpool. I told you doofuses well before the season started that Liverpool would win the league and y'all wanted to act like I was mush-mouthing things. It was quite obvious that Liverpool was a hungrier team last year and there was no reason to think that an improving and hungrier team wouldn't easily beat a stagnant City to the title this season.

But more importantly, have y'all seen this new ball for next season?

https://versus.uk.com/2020/06/get-first-look-202021-premier-league-ball-nike-flight/

nike-flight-ball-1_hd_1600-800x450.jpg

Supposedly flies truer, but will also help throwers on throw-ins. Could theoretically help keepers on thrown distributions, too, but the grooves don't look large enough to get gloved fingers into to me.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

My question on the ball is "knuckleball" long shots. Will they no longer knuckle like they do now, or rather will it be much less pronounced? If this ball flies as much truer as they say then knucklers will be a thing of the past.

Telegraph says knuckers are dead:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/06/29/premier-league-reveals-new-nike-ball-could-spell-end-knuckleball/