EPL 2019-20

Firemans4Horn

I'm not ready to write off any of the team in the relegation battle, except Norwich.

Bournemouth & Watford have really tough finishing stretches. West Ham has 2 six pointers that could turn some teams fortunes around. Villa doesn't have an easy stretch, but they have points on the schedule to be had.

It's going to be a battle for those last two spots of safety.

Chelsea just killed [mention=1351]RamjetFDO[/mention]
After tomorrow's game liverpool might play the kids again against villa...who knows but I hope klopp goes for pts record but gotta also think about next year and give players a rest since we have everything thing locked up

But villa does need a win and probably a draw or 2 to stay up

Chelsea just killed [mention=1351]RamjetFDO[/mention]

We are fucked but we have no one to blame but ourselves.

After tomorrow's game liverpool might play the kids again against villa...who knows but I hope klopp goes for pts record but gotta also think about next year and give players a rest since we have everything thing locked up

But villa does need a win and probably a draw or 2 to stay up

2020 can just go fuck itself.
  • Like 4

Yeah, I'm ok with the goal not being allowed but when VAR comes back with that result, they should have pulled it back to a free kick right outside the box.  Didn't the ref signal for advantage?  VAR shows they couldn't play the advantage so enforce the foul.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

I'm not ready to write off any of the team in the relegation battle, except Norwich.

Bournemouth & Watford have really tough finishing stretches. West Ham has 2 six pointers that could turn some teams fortunes around. Villa doesn't have an easy stretch, but they have points on the schedule to be had.

It's going to be a battle for those last two spots of safety.

Bournemouth look absolutely dreadful. Amazing they are only 2 points away from safety. They’re my pick to finish 19th. 

32 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Firing Poch to replace him with this toxic asshole is one of the worst moves in professional sports in the last decade. 

Pochettino had lost the locker room. That was the big reason he was sacked. Pochettino has repeatedly said he'd like to return at some point and manage Spurs again.

2 hours ago, WBT said:

Yeah, I'm ok with the goal not being allowed but when VAR comes back with that result, they should have pulled it back to a free kick right outside the box.  Didn't the ref signal for advantage?  VAR shows they couldn't play the advantage so enforce the foul.

Yes he did. Here it is.

image.thumb.png.0f0ad0552e670a4a4a8ce553ee5d9baa.png

I would note, it probably doesn't matter when you give up 3 goals, but that really changed the game there. The difference between 1-0 and 1-1 was big.

Edited by Captain Ron

1 hour ago, IPoopOnWhoop said:

I feel so bad for what Villa have coming their way Sunday

Not sure about that. Liverpool has the title, that was their goal. I don't think their motivation is going back to what it was. Points records are just vanity. A title is legitimate and forever.

Liverpool fans just got to see what a lack of motivation looks like. City and 'Pool are both great teams, and the Reds dominated the league this year because they were hungrier for the EPL title. They might still destroy Villa because that's not a great side, but it won't be until the next season starts that you see a fully motivated Liverpool side again.

Team stayed on the field for 15-20 minutes. The coaches went in players were shell shocked on the field. Imagine the scenes when a team is mathematically relegated.

The bigger issue was the lineup that went out there. Their top 2 goal scorers Pukki (11) and Cantwell (6) didn't start the game. The team was pissed. One of the guys sat on the bench and talked to himself, for a while.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Team stayed on the field for 15-20 minutes. The coaches went in players were shell shocked on the field. Imagine the scenes when a team is mathematically relegated.

The bigger issue was the lineup that went out there. Their top 2 goal scorers Pukki (11) and Cantwell (6) didn't start the game. The team was pissed. One of the guys sat on the bench and talked to himself, for a while.

Got it, thanks! 

9 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

There's a good chance multiple players leave this summer as well. Most of the top 6 are interested in Cantwell. Spurs and others are interested in Aarons. Buendia is going to have numerous suitors. Godfrey is a young, talented, homegrown player. Same for Lewis.