EPL 2019-20

Firemans4Horn

I'll fully admit that I'm biased (both in being a Chelsea fan and in the games I've watched), but is Pulisic playing as the best player in the EPL right now?  I'm not saying he is the best player, but I can't think of anyone who is playing better than he has since we've come back from the COVID break.  

2 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Fernandez is pretty hot right now.

NBC SN has him as one of the top 5.

https://soccer.nbcsports.com/2020/07/02/top-premier-league-players-since-restart/

Good point and good article.  He's been on fire as well and like Pulisic he's had a clear and huge impact on the success of his team.  It also highlights the difficulty of comparing a midfielder and a winger in the who has been better conversation.  Do you take someone who runs their team from the midfield or someone who is incredibly direct and can make game changing plays but isn't necessarily always involved throughout the game due to their position?  

21 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Does 3rd/4th really matter? At this point it's about making the UCL. IMHO, better for Chelsea is that another team is losing contact w/ the top 4.

It means a little more money and pride at the end of the season if we can keep it.  But yes, the more important thing is that now LCFC is more at risk of dropping out of the top 4 than Chelsea.

18 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Does 3rd/4th really matter? At this point it's about making the UCL. IMHO, better for Chelsea is that another team is losing contact w/ the top 4.

I just didn't honestly expect it with the amount of fun we've gone through in the past 12 months.

- Hazard out

- Sarri out

- Lampard in

- Transfer Ban

- CHO/RLC torn achilles

- No proven number 9 going into the season

- Tottenham, Liverpool, City, manure and Arsenal all looking strong at the end of last season, not to mention LCFC.

• Like 1