EPL 2019-20

Firemans4Horn

38 minutes ago, RamjetFDO said:

Shitty weather, but fantastic start for Villa. OG from Spurs defender ... But to be honest, would've been a tap-in for Villa if he hadn't.

When I saw the lineup Mourinho rolled out, I figured Spurs were going to look poor. A Dier/Winks midfield has been poor for years.

Honestly not arguing the call (it was a penalty), but the process. Should have stopped play immediately if they were reviewing.

Had Villa countered with a goal against the run of play, then the VAR called a halt 2 minutes after the foul and that hypothetical goal, the Holte End would have gone insane.

Fix it or dump it.

Current incarnation sucks and is ruining the game.

5 minutes ago, RamjetFDO said:

Honestly not arguing the call (it was a penalty), but the process. Should have stopped play immediately if they were reviewing.

Had Villa countered with a goal against the run of play, then the VAR called a halt 2 minutes after the foul and that hypothetical goal, the Holte End would have gone insane.

Fix it or dump it.

Current incarnation sucks and is ruining the game.

Needs more fraction of an inch offsides checks IMO.

On 2/16/2020 at 9:25 AM, Captain Ron said:

I would argue it’s just the FAs implementation. Other leagues work well. I just think the FA has gone out of their way to make their implementation suck as much as possible. 

Not defending the FA or their implementation of VAR, but that's a common myth from people that only/mostly watch the Premier League, myself included. I heard a podcast recently with Dale Johnson, who has been chronicling VAR's use all over Europe, and apparently it's even worse in Italy and France. 

They seem to get it mostly right in Champions League, however.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 406W30th said:

Not defending the FA or their implementation of VAR, but that's a common myth from people that only/mostly watch the Premier League, myself included. I heard a podcast recently with Dale Johnson, who has been chronicling VAR's use all over Europe, and apparently it's even worse in Italy and France. 

They seem to get it mostly right in Champions League, however.

Dale Johnson is a great follow on Twitter if you want a deeper look into VAR. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

Uh . . . so Chelsea's goal is called back by VAR because Fred pushed Azpi into a defender and then Maguire scores when he should have been red carded in the first half.  It's like the EPL refs and VAR are total shit.  

It’s more that Anthony Taylor, Chris Kavanaugh and Martin Atkinson are shitty refs.