EPL 2019-20

Firemans4Horn

So could Leicester choke away a champions league spot?  They're looking at 6 points in 7 games since the restart.  They're going to stay 1 point up on Man United who have a game in hand vs Soton tomorrow.  They're also 4 up on wolves and 5 up on Sheffield United with their remaining games vs Sheffield, at Spurs, and vs Man United.

So could Leicester choke away a champions league spot?  They're looking at 6 points in 7 games since the restart.  They're going to stay 1 point up on Man United who have a game in hand vs Soton tomorrow.  They're also 4 up on wolves and 5 up on Sheffield United with their remaining games vs Sheffield, at Spurs, and vs Man United.
I would say it appears very likely at this rate....huge final game if they are still within reach by then

4 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:
9 minutes ago, WBT said:

I would say it appears very likely at this rate....huge final game if they are still within reach by then

Crazy but I agree...here were the standings at the shutdown:

Screen-Shot-2020-03-19-at-12.08.22-e1584

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bone3421 said:

Villa....Everton- Arsenal -West Ham

Watford... West Ham- city- Arsenal

West Ham...Watford- manu- Villa

Bournemouth...city - Soton - Everton

We gotta throw them in there.

West Ham 34 (-15)
Watford 34 (-21)
Bournemouth 31 (-24)
Villa 30 (-27)

The West Ham/Watford game is going to be the key, let's really talk when we see that result.

Bournemouth is right there now, they have a really good chance to make this happen.

If Villa wants a chance, they have to beat Everton, then we can talk about what chances they have. I gotta think they are Watford fans right now.

• Like 1

Bournemouth...city - Soton - Everton
We gotta throw them in there.
West Ham 34 (-15)
Watford 34 (-21)
Bournemouth 31 (-24)
Villa 30 (-27)
The West Ham/Watford game is going to be the key, let's really talk when we see that result.
Bournemouth is right there now, they have a really good chance to make this happen.
If Villa wants a chance, they have to beat Everton, then we can talk about what chances they have. I gotta think they are Watford fans right now.

Agree.......except I say they are West Ham fans right now not Watford lol

In my previous post I was thinking that City would still get at least a 1 year ban and that Leicester would have a hard time holding on to 5th.  They're really screwed now.  Looks like it's going to be the traditional Big 4 except for City replacing Arsenal.

13 minutes ago, WBT said:

In my previous post I was thinking that City would still get at least a 1 year ban and that Leicester would have a hard time holding on to 5th.  They're really screwed now.  Looks like it's going to be the traditional Big 4 except for City replacing Arsenal.

Traditional? Arsenal hasn't drawn a Champions League slot since 2016.

EDIT and you have to go back to 2010 to find a year that City didn't qualify for the UCL

Edited by Captain Ron

In the last two weeks, Southampton have taken the wind of the sails of both United and City while both were in amazing form.

City in last 6 games        - 20 goals for, 3 goals against - Southampton got a win.

United in last 6 games   - 17 goals for, 5 goals against - Southampton got a draw.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Tonight is the end of the $30 promo for one year of Peacock Premium. Tomorrow it goes to $50. All PL matches will be on Peacock next year except the NBC and NBC Sports games.

Cheaper than NBC Gold at $30.

This pisses me off. Got a notification of "Gold" being cancelled without notification to purchase the promo. Fuck NBC. They won't get my money and I'll pirate the matches I want to see.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Tonight is the end of the $30 promo for one year of Peacock Premium. Tomorrow it goes to $50. All PL matches will be on Peacock next year except the NBC and NBC Sports games.

Cheaper than NBC Gold at $30.

Thanks for the heads up on this. Subscription purchased.

1 hour ago, midtown said:

^

If you are a big 6 supporter it really doesn't matter other than maybe 3-4 matches a season tops but if you are anything else and don't want to soccer stream a shit ton of matches then you need this?

At first I thought the same.

But those 3-4 matches are a PITA. While we all know the stream sites to find games, their quality is very mixed, the ads, etc. I figured for $30, that all goes away with ...

... everything else you get with Peacock. That's a good hit.

Plus if they even give you some of the other sports that you could get with Gold - Tour, Giro, Olympic stuff, etc - this could be a great $30 spent.