EPL 2019-20

Firemans4Horn

50 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Reading Havertz to Chelsea is almost a done deal. Think only the teams with oligarch owners will be able to spend big this summer but it’s a great time to do so considering depressed prices and FFP dead. 

Chelsea is also up $125m on the year - only paying one transfer fee for Kovacic. They are only a season removed from a massive spending window, however. 

1 hour ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Reading Havertz to Chelsea is almost a done deal. Think only the teams with oligarch owners will be able to spend big this summer but it’s a great time to do so considering depressed prices and FFP dead. 

Fuck Chelsea.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

Bigger loss for Sheffield. They can't reach top 6 anymore. Even making 7th place is going to need a lot of help now. That might have cost them Europa.

On the flip side, HUGE win for Wolves. They are a win away from clinching 6th and locking up Europa.

On 6/29/2020 at 3:09 PM, Huckleberry said:

My question on the ball is "knuckleball" long shots. Will they no longer knuckle like they do now, or rather will it be much less pronounced? If this ball flies as much truer as they say then knucklers will be a thing of the past.

On 6/29/2020 at 3:41 PM, Cheeseweasel said:

On 6/29/2020 at 4:03 PM, Huckleberry said:

That sucks. Those are always fantastic to watch and help clarify which keepers have superhuman reaction times versus just really fucking great reaction times.

On 6/29/2020 at 4:13 PM, Cheeseweasel said:

It was the last arrow in David Luis' quiver. 

Got upset about this all over again watching a Juninho career free kicks highlight video.

There are some long distance knucklers on there. Sucks that the new ball is trying to get rid of those.

• Like 1

2-0 City at half time.  Watford's GD is down to -25.  Villa and Bournemouth are both at -27 and 3 points behind.  If City gets 2 or 3 more, Villa or Bournemouth may only need a 1-0 win to escape.  Villa has an extra game left so if they lose it, they would need to keep it close.  Watford also trails the other two in goals scored if it comes down to that.

Edited by WBT

26 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Given the math on GD, I think Watford is hurting bad. If they give up 1 more goal, they are going to be hurting bad.

I think they're going to be down to hoping that neither Villa nor Bournemouth can get another win.

Just now, sidis said:

All the way from 12th to 11th for us!  woot.

agree with ron though...that was a dagger loss to sheffield's hopes of european play.  now just a race between spurs and wolves.

With the Wolves win, Sheffield is out of European consideration.

Damn, City is going in no lube now. 4-0. Watford better hope they can get a result Sunday, because this is not good.

Ramjet,bolivar are going to be glued to this villa game coming up....

Keep it 1-0 or actually win it and they will be in great shape to overtake Watford...but will bournemouth play along also

(Giving them credit of beating west ham with everything on the line last matchday)

7 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:

Ramjet,bolivar are going to be glued to this villa game coming up....

Keep it 1-0 or actually win it and they will be in great shape to overtake Watford...but will bournemouth play along also

(Giving them credit of beating west ham with everything on the line last matchday)

Fucking assholes getting my hopes up again 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LonghornJudas said:

What a crazy end to the season for the bottom 4 (and 3-6 for that matter) right now. Villa, all but relegated, then Watford give up 4 goals to MC, and now Villa is beating Arsenal.

i don't think any team in a relegation scrap, where goal differential is important, wants to be playing City right now!

City is scoring at will, best offense in the League.

i don't think any team in a relegation scrap, where goal differential is important, wants to be playing City right now!
City is scoring at will, best offense in the League.
Yup...that's why I was telling Ron that villa fans should be going for west ham back when they played Watford last week