EPL 2019-20

Firemans4Horn

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

All that's left is finding out who joins Leeds United and West Brom in promotion: Brentford, Fulham, Swansea or Cardiff City.

i am "Team New Blood"

go Brentford

Edited by yoladu

I am truly at a loss as it relates to Everton. Observations of and amusement from the incredibly uptight and hyper-sensitive liverpool fans notwithstanding, I really am not terribly emotional about it all like I am with the horns or something.  But I feel I have a pretty firm grasp on the sport...the various league dynamics across Europe, team dynamics, skill recognition, strategic comprehension in terms of personnel/formations/etc, and why successful teams are successful and shit teams are shit. 

But sometimes I feel like Everton truly has to be the strangest team in Europe. Decently backed financially, solid vets typically, a few really nice young guys waiting to come get plucked, successful manager (particularly now), pre-premier league history of success for a century. Of course their history is fractional relative to Liverpool (as well as United, Arsenal, Chelsea) which probably has something to do with it...but it like they’re simply doomed to be too good to just completely write off in any given week, but always in a position to fuck it up and executing on that opportunity like clockwork. They take the worst of Tom Herman’s tendency to play to the level of the competition, and mix in cocaine and speed on top of it.  They lose to shitty, shitty teams so fucking much. 

they really are an odd team to root for. As much as am loathe to say this, I really feel like it has to be one of the best analogs to what I imagine it is like to be an aggie fan. Just inexplicable how you can finish from 8th to 12th every single year. anyway, just strange.

On to beating Chelsea and arsenal...and then getting waxed by all three relegation teams next year.

• Like 2

I really like Craven Cottage so it would be cool to see Fulham return plus that's easier travel than going to Wales for most clubs. Brentford would be fun too. 

Seeing the clusterf that MLB is now becoming with the Marlins being shut down with Covid, it's a real miracle that the EPL was able to make it through with no issues. 

I am truly at a loss as it relates to Everton. Observations of and amusement from the incredibly uptight and hyper-sensitive liverpool fans notwithstanding, I really am not terribly emotional about it all like I am with the horns or something.  But I feel I have a pretty firm grasp on the sport...the various league dynamics across Europe, team dynamics, skill recognition, strategic comprehension in terms of personnel/formations/etc, and why successful teams are successful and shit teams are shit. 

But sometimes I feel like Everton truly has to be the strangest team in Europe. Decently backed financially, solid vets typically, a few really nice young guys waiting to come get plucked, successful manager (particularly now), pre-premier league history of success for a century. Of course their history is fractional relative to Liverpool (as well as United, Arsenal, Chelsea) which probably has something to do with it...but it like they’re simply doomed to be too good to just completely write off in any given week, but always in a position to fuck it up and executing on that opportunity like clockwork. They take the worst of Tom Herman’s tendency to play to the level of the competition, and mix in cocaine and speed on top of it.  They lose to shitty, shitty teams so fucking much. 

they really are an odd team to root for. As much as am loathe to say this, I really feel like it has to be one of the best analogs to what I imagine it is like to be an aggie fan. Just inexplicable how you can finish from 8th to 12th every single year. anyway, just strange.

On to beating Chelsea and arsenal...and then getting waxed by all three relegation teams next year.

I would add that the sport is just catered to the super rich clubs unlike prior to 2000's when Everton was a top 4 English club. Even Liverpool struggled obviously until last few years. Everton will need to(if they havent) get in heavily on the analytics and decide which style they want to apply to the first team and down thru the youth teams. This will be the way to possibly winning down the road besides an Oligarch buying the team.

Maybe next year they can make some noise with Ancelotti. Calvert-Lewin and Richarlison are both good young pieces that could really explode soon. Then throw in Moise Kean and you could have a very strong attack.

I would spend on defense as that is biggest flaw. Fix defense and who knows what could happen. Look at Sheffield almost getting a Europe spot first year up on the back of top keeper and defense.