thread name - Music

42 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

I prefer Antone's.  Clifford even had a lecture series at Texas. 

The more I think about it, the more I prefer it. It holds a special place in my memory, the Guadalupe location. Good times back in college. My first real introduction to a lot of legends. 

16 hours ago, phdhorn said:

AWC and Willie's Picnic are good, also:

- Desperadoes Waiting for a Train (god what a song by JJW)

On board with LL or AWH. Most of the suggestions are fine, but like those two better.

Not sure about the WTF Jag, but Desperados is only sung by Jerry Jeff. Guy Clark wrote it. And it is a great fucking song. I prolly sang it two hundred times before I could get all the way through it without tears rolling down my face.

7 hours ago, Tex Long said:

Not sure about the WTF Jag, but Desperados is only sung by Jerry Jeff. Guy Clark wrote it. And it is a great fucking song. I prolly sang it two hundred times before I could get all the way through it without tears rolling down my face.

The WTF jag is in response to someone who would question why I nominated it.  And yeah, I saw Guy Clark sing it live in a concert with Rosanne Cash and Rodney Crowell in about 1988.  Jerry Jeff kinda made it famous, but I knew Clark wrote it.  Actually, it was a way of paying tribute to both guys, i.e. the Austin Outlaw scene and ff.

Edited by phdhorn

1 hour ago, ERhine said:

"God what a song by JJW"

Yea. Completely clear that you know the song was not in fact written by JJW. (Is there a sarcasm font I can use on Surly?)

Read the post above you, dumbass.  You must hate Viva Terlingua (the first recorded version, and the one that most people know.)  Of course I knew it, I fucking SAW him (Clark) do it live.

You, however, need to understand what a "song by" means.  It doesn't always mean the writer, as in "written by").  Which I purposely didn't say, see?

(you still post good pr0n, though).

Edited by phdhorn