CBDs - Who does them?

23 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

My brother a life long wrestler, Ju Jitzu, Mixed martial arts fighter, and trainer uses CBD oil, and says they definitely help. His body is a collection of injuries from last week to 40 years ago.

Good to know. I've got joint pains (knees, shoulders, back), and now my fucking heels, from years of sports and weight lifting wear and tear. I've been looking into them to help alleviate the pain, as opposed to taking a handful of Ibuprofen every single day. 

Edited by lateshow

CBD definitely works for pain and anxiety, but most people need to take pretty large doses for them to work as an effective pain med. I don't work for this company, but would highly recommend them as they have both full spectrum cannabinoids (small amounts of THC and variants) and THC free CBD oils and other forms of CBD, i.e. isolate powder: https://www.thecbdistillery.com/.

I usually get the 2500 MG in 30 ML coconut oil CBD oil. It is about 30-40 mg per half dropper which to me is an adequate dose that is the equivalent of a couple ibuprofen/acetaminophen or a low dose of a benzodiazepine (anxiety meds) without the high. I drop it in my mouth and allow it to absorb under the tongue. They also have salves if you're wanting to apply it topically. The company has many deals throughout the year too, i.e. 20% off from time to time, which can be really useful when the dropper bottle runs about $100.

Edited by I Plead Da Fif
  • Like 2

CBD definitely works for pain and anxiety, but most people need to take pretty large doses for them to work as an effective pain med. I don't work for this company, but would highly recommend them as they have both full spectrum cannabinoids (small amounts of THC and variants) and THC free CBD oils and other forms of CBD, i.e. isolate powder: https://www.thecbdistillery.com/.
I usually get the 2500 MG in 30 ML coconut oil CBD oil. It is about 30-40 mg per half dropper which to me is an adequate dose that is the equivalent of a couple ibuprofen/acetaminophen or a low dose of a benzodiazepine (anxiety meds) without the high. I drop it in my mouth and allow it to absorb under the tongue. They also have salves if you're wanting to apply it topically. The company has many deals throughout the year too, i.e. 20% off from time to time, which can be really useful when the dropper bottle runs about $100.

It’s still illegal in Texas. Does everyone order it anyway?

Hey Man do u Live in the pan Handle because I have oil's the best way to use you're oil's is in a electric toot toot this is the type I condone for various alments like corns callus tetter's mental health and baby's and much more .  I can anoint them asswell . www.legitimatebusinessenterpise.biz

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Dammit Chad I thought you was on toot toot, not CBD.

Pods used CBD on his dog.

When Bubba Watson endorsed cbdmd.com, I bought 3000mg total in 60 capsules which is 50mg each.  Take 2 a day, it really helps with anxiety and aches and pains.  I've got a MD friend getting in the business and will probably get some tincture from him in the next few weeks.  IPDF is right on about sublingual being the best method.  Or hell, I might get the vape.

I almost bought CBD flower in Portland last week but it has a trace of THC in it which is no bueno since I'm a sober recovered alcoholic.  I might be getting trace amounts of thc in the stuff I'm taking now but it's minute and I don't consider CBD mood or mind altering.

Bought some really cool lotion from this chick at Pike's Place Market in Seattle last week, made on Bainbridge island (artisinal cbd lotion!) and I rub my wife's shoulders and neck with it.  I also use some stronger CBD cream bought off the web.

CBD is awesome because it's not truly mood or mind altering like weed, pills, or booze, but its a great natural substance to take care of life's aches and pains.

Edited by BearSchlong

14 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

It's not illegal at all. Farm Bill of 2018 outside should have told you.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2018/12/14/the-farm-bill-hemp-and-cbd-explainer/

Seriously, ordered it off the internet at cbdmd.com.  They even offer express shipping.

also I've heard good things about that cbddistillery.com company that IPDF uses.  another good resource would be reddit.com/r/cbd, those folks have good information.  Well, some of them do.  It's reddit.  ymmv.

Edited by BearSchlong

47 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I live in CO currently, but I wouldn’t feel that scared about ordering THC free CBD in Texas. Not to mention there are tons of headshops and other mom and pop pharmacies that would sell CBD in the Austin area when I lived there 2 years ago.

Hell, my vet in Austin sold CBD dog treats. I don’t think they police that.

Edited by I Plead Da Fif

Not anymore. HB1325 matches the 2018 farm bill. Well, assuming Abbott doesn't veto it

Googling stuff indicates a bill to produce hemp related products in Texas, but current law has very restricted use. I couldn’t see in that bill where use was relaxed.

19 hours ago, CHAD BRISCOE said:

Hey Man do u Live in the pan Handle because I have oil's the best way to use you're oil's is in a electric toot toot this is the type I condone for various alments like corns callus tetter's mental health and baby's and much more .  I can anoint them asswell . www.legitimatebusinessenterpise.biz

I'm currently trying to quit nard oils. Do you have nard free oils? 

I am also very interested in knowing more about this. I have bad back/sciatica, probably from over a decade of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and would rather use medical marijuana than painkillers. Since I live in Texas and work for one of the most conservative work environments (Oil and Gas), that is out of the question.

My concern is, and I have done a little research, that by taking CBD oil regularly, I might not pass a drug test. I know there are different oils that will have varying amounts of thc depending on the legality in the state. I assume that threshold for residual Thc is very low in Texas. But even then, if I were to use it daily or multiple times a week, with a low amount of residual thc, would I still get popped?

Any of y’all have experience with that or work in HR?

The drug laws in this country and state are so fucking ass backwards.

1 hour ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Fuck it, I ordered a bottle after talking to my HR gal. Still kind of an unknown when it comes to testing but she said she has used it and knows guys in refineries that use it.

Which did you go with?

To OP and anyone interersted in this subject matter:

I've read that CBD can be great but whatever you're buying at the gas station or dillards is not near enough content to make a difference other than lightening your wallet.  I've posted in this very forum about getting CBD flower and using to that for happy smoke time.  Nice at the time but I can't actually measure what it does for me.  

Boutta preach here so grab your bibles and say amen: kratom.

Don't buy from a head shop.  Don't buy from a gas station.  Don't trust what you read about people OD'ing on kratom (who also had fentanyl in their system).  Do your research on r/kratom or other sites and find a vendor (PM me if interested).  For SWIM, it's been very good for anxiety and stress as well as muscle/joint pain relief.  YMMV.

I'm happy to talk to any shaggy/surly brethren who want to know.  

10 hours ago, HRSchenker said:

The only brands I would trust are Ananda and Extract Labs. Those are the only 2 companies where I've gotten my hands on third party tests.

I bought some tinctures for my wife from Extract Labs a few times. It seemed to work for joint pain but had it's limitations. Recently we were able to acquire a source out of Austin for some quality flower which works really well for joint pain.

Alright, so I have tried the oil everyday since it arrived on Wednesday. I am sold. In fact, for me, I get that chest warmth and relaxation of this tincture had been made from bud. So this has me a bit worried about drug tests and after reading up on it, I think I need to buy a home test or go to a lab (lab doesn’t cost much more than a good test from a drug store). I have slept great these last few nights. It dulls the sciatica pain pretty well. Hopefully can find something as good as what I bought, but for less $$$. Hell, for $60, you can make enough tincture from bud to last a year.

1 hour ago, PXTX Horn said:

I was considering this for arthritis but it appears I have to many risk factors if this is publication is accurate. https://doh.dc.gov/sites/default/files/dc/sites/doh/publication/attachments/Medical Cannabis Adverse Effects and Drug Interactions_0.pdf

It comes from the government, so you KNOW it’s gonna be dead-on accurate. Cannabis is a very dangerous drug, man, and it’s on schedule 1, which means that it has no medicinal use whatsoever. All the people who claim that it helps them with pain, nausea, insomnia, anxiety, whatever, they are all bad people who are liars. Like Jeff Sessions said, he never met a marijuana user who was a good person. So turn away from pot and get into prescription opioid drugs, brought to you by big pharma. What’s best for big pharma is best for America.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, XYZ said:

It comes from the government, so you KNOW it’s gonna be dead-on accurate. Cannabis is a very dangerous drug, man, and it’s on schedule 1, which means that it has no medicinal use whatsoever. All the people who claim that it helps them with pain, nausea, insomnia, anxiety, whatever, they are all bad people who are liars. Like Jeff Sessions said, he never met a marijuana user who was a good person. So turn away from pot and get into prescription opioid drugs, brought to you by big pharma. What’s best for big pharma is best for America.

That is why I stated "if this is accurate" there are other sites expressing concerns however i realize there have not been any through studies here is info from Harvard https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/cannabidiol-cbd-what-we-know-and-what-we-dont-2018082414476

I think pot should be legal and the way we treat other drugs needs to drastically change.  I also believe pot has a lot of positive effects but many of the claims of it being a miracle drug are like the placebo effect which is a positive outcome.

I'm in the same boat as someone up stream; I want to take this (for help sleeping) but I am not about to fail a piss test because the information out there is all over the place. 

It is nearly impossible to determine if anything is legal or not, for medicinal use or not, in Texas or not, how much THC content is in any particular bottle.

Every link that someone provides can be refuted or dis-proven by another link from someone else.

It's like someone left the TABC in charge of this shit.

• Like 2

I'm in the same boat as someone up stream; I want to take this (for help sleeping) but I am not about to fail a piss test because the information out there is all over the place. 
It is nearly impossible to determine if anything is legal or not, for medicinal use or not, in Texas or not, how much THC content is in any particular bottle.
Every link that someone provides can be refuted or dis-proven by another link from someone else.
It's like someone left the TABC in charge of this shit.

I am going to take the store bought test tonight. I have used the oil for the past 5 days at roughly twice the dosage. If it’s positive, I’ll stop taking it for the time being as I am interviewing for new jobs. However, it seems unlikely that it will. For instance, even if I take 3 times the dose, that would amount to roughly 100mg of CBD. From all I have read, most people who came up with a positive result were taking much more (1000mg+). The cross contamination or mislabeling is the more concerning thing.
  • Like 1

Guy I know was taking CBD oil and popped for THC on his random drug test.  Lucky for him his company valued him enough to not outright fire him.

Did have to go to an all day Saturday drug intervention on his own dime.  $500, ouch.

Guy I know was taking CBD oil and popped for THC on his random drug test.  Lucky for him his company valued him enough to not outright fire him.

Did have to go to an all day Saturday drug intervention on his own dime.  $500, ouch.

Lots of variables though. What was he really taking (whether he knew it or not)? How much was he taking? Apparently CBD can be broken down in the body into THC (according to some articles), but no one really knows how that works, etc.

Bottom line is this fucking state and the federal government are so beyond backwards on the whole marijuana thing that it is almost comical at this point. Except for the part where the policies ruins people’s lives.
  • Like 1

The way I read and understand HB 1325 that was just recently passed and signed into law you can possess and smoke hemp as long as it’s less than .3% delta9 THC.  Farmers in Texas can’t grow smokable hemp for sale in Texas.

The bill also prohibits the in-state production (but not sales or use) of smokable hemp products.

https://ministryofhemp.com/blog/legal-hemp-in-texas/

There are online vendors that sell and ship to Texas with lab reports and a letter to LEOs.

https://fieldsofhempllc.com/

https://tweedlefarms.com/

I also get drug tested at work  I’ve never used CBD and don’t have a need for it but we got an email from HQ this week that made me think of this thread. 

They’ve been getting lots of questions about CBD and drug tests. Their position is that most CBD is labeled as <0.3% THC, which should not register as a positive for marijuana. But because it’s not regulated by the FDA there’s no way to know if that labeled concentration is accurate.  

They ended with a note that CBD oil use is not accepted as a defense against a positive drug test result. 

It’s so silly that a plant and it’s oils are treated this way, but I’m not risking my career over it. 

So much for the dream of being able to deal with my back pain/sciatica without prescriptions and avoiding addiction to shit that can actually kill you. Fuck the US and Texas governments.

I took approximately 65mg each day for the past 5 days. I just took a home rest from the drug store and pissed hot.

So a warning for any of y’all that are using this stuff, there is a very good chance you will not pass a drug screening if you are using it regularly.

• Like 3