CBDs - Who does them?

I don't have much trouble falling asleep, but I wake up a lot during the night.  Sounds like CBD may work better for me.

Helps with sleep a lot. Wake up earlier than normal but it might be because it helps so much with sleep during the night.

Background: My son was on anxiety meds and add meds in high school, that shit fucked up his whole vibe, seemed like he was checked out mentally and it drained physically. We stopped the meds his senior yr. He went a year w/o and he began to revert to his old ways prior to meds. Couldn't concentrate, nervousness, high anxiety with communication. 

Waited until he turned 20, before the wife and I discussed turning to CBD to help.

He's been on CBD for three weeks now and the results are noticeable,  he's become a lot more vocal and and sparks up conversations,  something he never did in ther past. He's more receptive and seems to be in a better mood. Started off with 30mg due to his stature. 

5'3 120lbs. >> born a premature 

Going to continue experimenting with dosages to ensure it lasts upwards to 6-8 hrs for work. 

*only concern is if he gets a random at work. But is he qualified for disability. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kevwun said:

I don't have much trouble falling asleep, but I wake up a lot during the night.  Sounds like CBD may work better for me.

This is my issue. Out quick, but restless. Started taking this and I'm sleeping a solid 7 hours a night without waking. Even the dogs can't get me up.

I find the whole thing a little bit Wild West.  How do you know that the stuff you're getting is legit?  There have to be 10,593 companies flooding my inbox and website ads selling this stuff, and the local Circle-K by my house even has a little placard at the register indicating they have both ingestibles and topicals.  I'm guessing some of these contain only "technically detectable" levels of CBD, and then some may have 10-50 times as much.  Very hard to know that from the packaging on most of it. 

And then how do you know the proper dose you need it the first place?  What is the expectation in terms of effect?  Calmness? Slight relaxation of the neck? Near-catatonia? 

Much easier to do the fun illicit drugs. You just stop when you're high enough.  Or not.

“Full spectrum” seems like a marketing ploy. I bet there isn’t a single study showing that “full spectrum” is better than isolated CBD at anything.

It’s thin, but there actually are some studies that the other 100 trace cannabinoids in the full spectrum plant extract potentiate the CBD and make it more effective than CBD isolate alone.

Question for y’all- it seems like many of you are starting with a pretty high dose at 40mg. I only take 10mg 2x day and it controls pain in addition to sort of turning down my depression response to certain things. This is obviously going to be different for everyone, but Since CBD seems to show a bell shaped response to dosage, has anybody else started very low and worked up to their minimum effective dose?

I find the whole thing a little bit Wild West.  How do you know that the stuff you're getting is legit?  There have to be 10,593 companies flooding my inbox and website ads selling this stuff, and the local Circle-K by my house even has a little placard at the register indicating they have both ingestibles and topicals.  I'm guessing some of these contain only "technically detectable" levels of CBD, and then some may have 10-50 times as much.  Very hard to know that from the packaging on most of it. 
And then how do you know the proper dose you need it the first place?  What is the expectation in terms of effect?  Calmness? Slight relaxation of the neck? Near-catatonia? 
Much easier to do the fun illicit drugs. You just stop when you're high enough.  Or not.

I buy products made in states where a regulator and a large, well established industry is monitoring quality. Colorado and California for now.

4 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I buy products made in states where a regulator and a large, well established industry is monitoring quality. Colorado and California for now.

Fair enough if you can figure that out.  But my other issue is kind of an expectations/effects thing.  The promises for it's effectiveness are all over the map - pain, anxiety, sleep, nausea, even acne, tumor reduction and Parkinson's.  I keep picturing this:

25053721_5.jpg?v=8D3AC594F49B7F0

1 hour ago, Liquor and Poker said:

We only carry brands that have third party lab testing results available to view. Kind of like @Bozo_Casanova we're only looking at California, Colorado, but we also check out Kentucky. You'd be surprised how many brands out there either refuse to provide lab results or have lab results that show an inconsistent amount of CBD in the bottle.

Another interesting thing about the CBD market is that rogue advertisement has really been the only way they can get the word out. Facebook and Instagram flat out ban ads promoting CBD products despite their legality on the federal and state level. This now results in getting hundreds of phone calls and emails from companies just begging for me to accept some product samples.

• Like 1

Fair enough if you can figure that out.  But my other issue is kind of an expectations/effects thing.  The promises for it's effectiveness are all over the map - pain, anxiety, sleep, nausea, even acne, tumor reduction and Parkinson's.  I keep picturing this:

25053721_5.jpg?v=8D3AC594F49B7F0

You’re not wrong. There’s no doubt it’s a Medicinally useful plant, but claims of panacea are a sure sign of quackery.
Here’s how I think of it- if there’s a problem that could hypothetically be mediated through the endocannibinoid system conceivably CBD could do something, and that’s an extremely broad set of things.
But at the same time, that’s extremely non-specific, and there’s no real clear guidance for dosage either, so trying achieve a very precise result seems sort of equivalent to thinking you can skip to a particular song on a particular record by thumping the jukebox.

2 hours ago, Orange&White said:

Which product do you use and what is your dosage?

I just bought from the website linked above. thecbdistillery.com. I too a half dose 16.5 mg as well as a full 33 mg dose, didn't notice a difference so I'll be taking the half from now on. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SimonBolivar said:

Mine is a Pax so it vapes the whole flower, but the disposable pens for like $20 are tempting. I want to get the whole flower, but living in an apartment in Texas with that smell...meh maybe not.

I understand.  The wild thing is that is it is legal in Texas now.  Just have your paper work handy.  They ship whole flower and carts with a letter to LEO and lab reports.

Also, try Fields of hemp.  Very good buds.

https://fieldsofhempllc.com/

3 hours ago, Big D said:

I understand.  The wild thing is that is it is legal in Texas now.  Just have your paper work handy.  They ship whole flower and carts with a letter to LEO and lab reports.

Also, try Fields of hemp.  Very good buds.

https://fieldsofhempllc.com/

Bought the 8 sample pack. Time to see what's up. 

So I am wandering through Groupon trying to use my soon-to-expire $20 and I see actual buds being sold.  Are these plants somehow bred to have no/little THC (as stated on the jar) or are these guys just creative marketers?

Here’s an example:

https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-mp-hemp-living-cbd-buds-cherry-wine-14-3-cbd

My wife has sleep apnea.  It didn't help her much, but I've taken it at night and don't wake up near as much as when I don't take it.  I take 20-25mg in drops 30 min before bed.  I bought a 1500mg bottle from CBDMD based on price and reviews.

41 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

So I am wandering through Groupon trying to use my soon-to-expire $20 and I see actual buds being sold.  Are these plants somehow bred to have no/little THC (as stated on the jar) or are these guys just creative marketers?

Here’s an example:

I guess it’s worth a shot.  Seems extremely cheap.  Also, check out this site.  Tweedle Farms, Fields of Hemp and Apical is where I have ordered from.  They all have pretty good deals for first time buys.  Also, ship with paperwork and very discrete packaging.

https://thehempbuddy.com/

My wife has sleep apnea.  It didn't help her much, but I've taken it at night and don't wake up near as much as when I don't take it.  I take 20-25mg in drops 30 min before bed.  I bought a 1500mg bottle from CBDMD based on price and reviews.

Not sure what the mechanism of action would be for helping with sleep apnea, but this CBD stuff is a bit of a Wild West.
That should scare us all a little, because fundamentally we’re achieving results by (in my understanding as a lay person) constricting neurotransmission in a system that regulates homeostasis.
So to me this makes good sense for discrete, well defined problems: pain disorders, sleep disorders, appetite disorders, seizure disorders, inflammation, autoimmune disorders, metabolism, etc. It doesn’t make a lot of sense to me for stuff that is mechanical/structural, related to exogenous problems, or “general wellness”.

In either case, however, it seems really important to start the process by discovering the minimum effective dose for a well defined issue for a particular individual person.

59 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Here’s an example:

There is a lot of breeding that goes into getting the CBD/THC levels required by law. Now it is hard to know how much each individual plant will have as factors are always changing such as soil and water and whatever else. The reputable flower dealers include lab test results and letters for law enforcement in every delivery. 

22 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Not sure what the mechanism of action would be for helping with sleep apnea, but this CBD stuff is a bit of a Wild West.
That should scare us all a little, because fundamentally we’re achieving results by (in my understanding as a lay person) constricting neurotransmission in a system that regulates homeostasis.
So to me this makes good sense for discrete, well defined problems: pain disorders, sleep disorders, appetite disorders, seizure disorders, inflammation, autoimmune disorders, metabolism, etc. It doesn’t make a lot of sense to me for stuff that is mechanical/structural, related to exogenous problems, or “general wellness”.

In either case, however, it seems really important to start the process by discovering the minimum effective dose for a well defined issue for a particular individual person.

That's exactly what we figured out as we have learned more about her apnea.  It's proven to be more mechanical in nature, thus it makes sense now why CBD didn't help.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tom said:

I've heard great things from other people who've used CBD, but I personally never noticed a thing when taking it.  I took it for arthritis I have in my knee.  Ibuprofen worked better.

How much did you take?

Loved em as a kid. I mean, that was their heyday, right? The 70s? We'd take road trips with the neighbors, and have em in each car. Dad would be on it the whole trip to Santa Fe or wherever we were going. Heck, I even played around with them as a kid. I remember doing it at church after Sunday School, this'd be back when I was 5 or 6, mind you.

It definitely helped if you knew the lingo. I only knew the stuff that had filtered down through popular culture. I was still too young to see those kinds of movies and all, so it was just what I would hear my brother and his friends repeat.

Yep. Didn't know CBs were making a comeback, now that everyone has a cell phone and all.

Edited by Rimbo
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Rimbo said:

Loved em as a kid. I mean, that was their heyday, right? The 70s? We'd take road trips with the neighbors, and have em in each car. Dad would be on it the whole trip to Santa Fe or wherever we were going. Heck, I even played around with them as a kid. I remember doing it at church after Sunday School, this'd be back when I was 5 or 6, mind you.

It definitely helped if you knew the lingo. I only knew the stuff that had filtered down through popular culture. I was still too young to see those kinds of movies and all, so it was just what I would hear my brother and his friends repeat.

Yep. Didn't know CBs were making a comeback, now that everyone has a cell phone and all.

Delete post, ban user.

9 hours ago, XYZ said:

How much did you take?

I can't remember the specifics like milligrams or anything.  I just took it as directed. 

The first time I ordered a bottle from Charlotte's Web before stores started popping up locally all over the place.  I got the "regular" formula or whatever they call it.  Then I tried it again with a local shop that popped up in DFW and tried their extra strength.  I just never really noticed anything with either.

I'm not criticizing the stuff or trying to say it doesn't work for a lot of people, I'm just saying it didn't do anything for me.