Nevermind

Deej

Springsteen -- love his lyrics, I'm fond of his songs, but I never quite got over the moon about the sound of his band.  Can you lay off the xylophone, Bruce?  I'll go back and listen to "Born To Run" and see what I think.

Shellac -- you're not the first to say that, Irish.  I need to seek it out.  I don't care if Steve's a dick, if the band is good, that just puts him in good company.

Yeah, it's the perfect mix of live but well-separated.  That opening track is one I take with me to audio stores and the sales guys are almost always apoplectic:  "what the hell is that?"
I love a great big band.
And then . . . "Nobody Knows Me".  No better cheatin' ballad, ever.  Just fantastic.  Damn, he's so smart.  And he's an Aggie.  LOL.

I overlook the Aggie part, but I always figured that had something to do with Julia Roberts bailing on him.

23 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Springsteen -- love his lyrics, I'm fond of his songs, but I never quite got over the moon about the sound of his band.  Can you lay off the xylophone, Bruce?  I'll go back and listen to "Born To Run" and see what I think.

You know BTR is really the only album of his I love. The others are fine I guess. 

And you're more of an audiophile than me (or you know more about these sorts of things) - I've just always loved the huge, multi-track sound that it brings - especially all of the piano, and I think the leveling is very very good even though a lot of folks would probably argue certain tracks get drowned out. 

On 6/17/2019 at 4:49 PM, jimmyjazz said:

Shellac -- you're not the first to say that, Irish.  I need to seek it out.  I don't care if Steve's a dick, if the band is good, that just puts him in good company.

A guy who got a lot of mileage playing with Bruce is Little Stevie Van Zandt. His solo stuff isn't great, and now when I hear Bruce, I hear Stevie, boring it up.