Yogurt shop murders

JimmyJames

On 3/9/2022 at 12:20 PM, closetojumping said:

So the brothel shitbag is Kallestad. Maybe Everett was the dirty cop who escapes implication. Some of his lackeys rise up the ranks to leadership positions and power to this day, thus driving y'all's concerns on privacy and such? Seems like the cop that phoned in seeing the smoke on a "routine" shift to the FD would obviously be involved. Investigating that guy unwinds the case. Hypothetically.

Troy Gay was the young APD officer who phoned in the fire. Rose all the way up the ranks to Assistant chief and chief of staff. Recently retired. 

On 3/9/2022 at 11:32 PM, Gatorubet said:

I owned one in the 80s. If you threw it at someone and hit them, you could hurt them.

Well it was a lethal enough gun to ultimately kill Amy Ayers. Maybe their hard to trace .22 ran out of bullets so they used an easy to trace .380 instead after first trying to strangle her after she crawled away. That makes sense. 

On 2/20/2022 at 6:01 PM, JimmyJames said:

Has anyone ever heard of an AMT backup?

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/AMT_Backup

I have never owned one of these but I was at a gun show in Wichita, 197?, when an off duty WPD patrolman shot himself in the foot with one. He had just purchased it and attempted to put it into an ankle holster with some difficulty. The gun fired, the place went silent, a lot of slides were heard cycling and then he started moaning "Oh Fuck, Oh Fuck". Put a real damper on the festivities.

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of old unsolved Austin murders, I’ll bet almost no one remembers the double murder of a middle age couple that ran a little book store near the SW corner of the I-35 Frontage road & Braker Lane. It took place just after dark sometime in the late 1970s, IIRC.
No witnesses, no clues or evidence ever found. We had recently moved to the Four Seasons neighbordhood over on the east side of 35 near Dessau Road. It caused quite a stir for our area, but was quickly forgotten by the rest of Austin, probably because it was almost out of town then. 
A double murderer may still walk among us.

The building was demolished a few years later and a bank branch is there now:

https://www.google.com/maps/@30.3765406,-97.6769179,3a,75y,264.59h,86.74t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s46A9kwlJ0R3MKDpMNvMgGw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Edited by Armybrat
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Speaking of old unsolved Austin murders, I’ll bet almost no one remembers the double murder of a middle age couple that ran a little book store near the SW corner of the I-35 Frontage road & Braker Lane. It took place just after dark sometime in the late 1970s, IIRC.
No witnesses, no clues or evidence ever found. We had recently moved to the Four Seasons neighbordhood over on the east side of 35 near Dessau Road. It caused quite a stir for our area, but was quickly forgotten by the rest of Austin, probably because it was almost out of town then. 
https://www.google.com/maps/@30.3765406,-97.6769179,3a,75y,264.59h,86.74t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s46A9kwlJ0R3MKDpMNvMgGw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

We were almost neighbors. I lived in the north oaks neighborhood that ran up next to the four seasons. I spent half my youth through that hood.

My dad worked at that Safeway and I worked at that Appletree - Randall’s.

6 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Did you join the posse in search of the servant girl annihilator?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

No because armybrat killed him on a dumbwaiter and assumed his legend.  Much as the Dread Pirate Roberts.  

Armybrat has always been here.  I should know, I've always been here...too.