Wonder Woman 1984 -- Coming in 2020

Patrick Bateman

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 8:06 PM, CooterBrown said:

Looks like they’re trying to do WW’s Ragnorok. Hopefully I’m wrong.

Said the same thing...not sure how some others aren't seeing it.

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 8:39 PM, Buzzrock said:

How are they explaining Steve being alive in 1984?

Yeah, forgive me, but I need to know how they explain that before I'm okay with it.

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 10:30 AM, Patrick Bateman said:

How so?

The entire vibe of the trailer and look of it.  The way Wonder Woman is written...very 80's vibe to both movies.

I also like how DC fanboys were all like "lulz at that Black Widow trailer, WW just blew it away" and I"m here thinking both look good.

15 minutes ago, Drew said:

Said the same thing...not sure how some others aren't seeing it.

Yeah, forgive me, but I need to know how they explain that before I'm okay with it.

The entire vibe of the trailer and look of it.  The way Wonder Woman is written...very 80's vibe to both movies.

I also like how DC fanboys were all like "lulz at that Black Widow trailer, WW just blew it away" and I"m here thinking both look good.

Ragnarok was more of a 70's psychedelic theme, with a little early 80's Sci-Fi, most notably Flash Gordon (1980).  The soundtrack synth sound was almost all 70's.  This seems excess 80's to me.  Way more silly 80's style and probably music to come with this as 84/85 is sort of the zenith of the 80's style.  

Edited by Patrick Bateman

• 8 months later...
On 8/22/2020 at 3:18 PM, Surly Bevo said:

First trailer had some New Order Blue Monday, this had a bunch of Kristen Wiig apparently as a villain.  If you're going to make a GenX nostalgia film, probably best to stick to convention in your marketing campaigns.

This.  That first trailer was damn near perfect for pushing 80s buttons.   Preferred Maxwell Lord as the main villain as well, ala Lex Luthor, manipulating Wiig's character.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm sorry, none of the TLJ trailers were "Meh".  Think you're thinking something else.

It was the rave reviews, and then a loud, even if a minority(except on here where you guys went scorched earth), of the Star Wars fan base got their panties in a bunch about that movie and we had a referendum on Rotten Tomatoes and Reviews in general.  The trailers were all pretty well received.

Edited by Drew

• 3 weeks later...

Ready to watch it now, the family voted for after lunch. Selfish assholes.

Side note: I don't see how this model is going to work for the movie business. At 11:15 there was already a torrent link. 20 minutes later there was 4, one in 2160p. Not sure how the studios can make money. I love the convenience of online releases but I don't see this lasting very long.

47 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Side note: I don't see how this model is going to work for the movie business. At 11:15 there was already a torrent link. 20 minutes later there was 4, one in 2160p. Not sure how the studios can make money. I love the convenience of online releases but I don't see this lasting very long.

It can work because 5 0f the 6 major movie studios own or have an affiliated company that owns a major streaming platform.  Sony is the exception.

• Hook 'Em 1

Gal Gadot hot as ever. Kristin Wiig miscast over her head. Antonio Banderas obviously passed and they went with a suitable backup.

Overall, entertaining, but not nearly as good as the original.

Stick around for the credits extra scene.

2 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

convenience and accessibility will kill piracy every time, just look at steam

11 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

convenience and accessibility will kill piracy every time, just look at steam

Pretty apples and oranges there. Pirating games can be much more finicky for various reasons. Agree that it's a convenience and accessibility play. Also people are either too dumb, too lazy or not morally ambigious enough to pirate things.

• Hook 'Em 1

It’s not bad, it’s so over the top it’s cheesy, but that’s the staple DC Comics route they’ve inexplicably chosen for all their movies. Marvel tends to try to ground the fantastical elements to make them believable despite being a superhero movie. DC just doubles down on it and it takes me out of the movie.

Either way, it was entertaining enough for Christmas break.

I loved the first one. I honestly turned this one off after about 45 mins, the fuckkk was that? Watched it with my niece and nephew and they were out as well. Both loved the first one too. Not exaggerating, what I watched may have been the worst movie I’ve ever seen. And I love comic book movies/easily entertained. 

Edited by hundredTT
  • Hook 'Em 1