Wonder Woman 1984 -- Coming in 2020

Patrick Bateman

I honestly didn’t know Kristen fucking Wig was the villain. That should have said it all. My brother didn’t give up on it, when we wanted to turn it off. I checked in and it’s still on haha and he said it didn’t get any better. I watched a bit more with him and I made the right choice to bail. Razzies are gonna feast! 

I didn't think it was possible for me to hate a movie that gives Gal Gadot approximately 2 hours of screen time but holy mother of God that movie was fucking terrible. Just remarkably awful in every way. The plot, the dialogue, the indulgences, the acting, the villains, the pacing, even the effects were lame. How the hell do you make a comic book movie in this day and age with that little action and that bad special effects? That fucking lasso actually did look like something from 1984. Just a terrible movie in every way imaginable. 

• Hook 'Em 2

DC, Warner Bros or whoever should just spend some of that $1B to raid the talent from Marvel because nothing they are doing is working.

They can’t lift a story straight from a comic series? This was such rubbish. Why did the younger Diana walking into the stadium have to look like it took CGI to make it happen

9 minutes ago, naija said:

DC, Warner Bros or whoever should just spend some of that $1B to raid the talent from Marvel because nothing they are doing is working.

They can’t lift a story straight from a comic series? This was such rubbish. Why did the younger Diana walking into the stadium have to look like it took CGI to make it happen

The only movies they've made worth a fuck outside of the original Batman were WW1 and Birds of Prey.

1 hour ago, 52-80 said:

all the complaining about how this movie sucks

636491468-giphy.gif

This. 

#1) Female superhero/supervillian movies are all pretty much shit

#2) Female directors are mostly pretty much shit (there are a few exceptions)

#3) Combine the above two, and add that to the fact that the first movie was awful and.......

are yall just really dumb or the type of people that think Netflix type films are a good use of your time?

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Fuck You 2

I liked Pedro Pascal. Thought he was great as usual. Everything else in the movie was trash. Chris Pine in other dudes body was cringy.

Kristin Wiig was waaaaay out of her element. Would have been better to have someone hot who can act. Like Mila Kunis or Hayden Panettiere or Isla Fisher. Supposedly “hot” Kristin Wiig was... not hot. I could only ever see Kristin Wiig.

11 hours ago, ultimaton said:

My wife and I were losing it at that -- just a really bizarre choice. Why have Chris Pine come back in that guy's body at all?

11 hours ago, trauma babe said:

What a choice to turn Diana into a rapist. Wild.

Yeah I dont think they thought this through...........like at all.      It was a very stupid angle to take in the first place even without the non-consensual angle of all the things Steve did with his body.   Why couldn't they just let him come back from nothing and then disappear back into nothing

I get that Diana and Steve had great chemistry in the first one but they should have l figured out a different way to bring him back.    

1 hour ago, HookEm said:

I liked Pedro Pascal. Thought he was great as usual. Everything else in the movie was trash. Chris Pine in other dudes body was cringy.

Kristin Wiig was waaaaay out of her element. Would have been better to have someone hot who can act. Like Mila Kunis or Hayden Panettiere or Isla Fisher. Supposedly “hot” Kristin Wiig was... not hot. I could only ever see Kristin Wiig.

They can act?   Neither of them would have been particularly better in the role IMO.

Edited by d2o

5 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

This. 

#1) Female superhero/supervillian movies are all pretty much shit

#2) Female directors are mostly pretty much shit (there are a few exceptions)

#3) Combine the above two, and add that to the fact that the first movie was awful and.......

are yall just really dumb or the type of people that think Netflix type films are a good use of your time?

Data continues to bear this out no matter how much it triggers to Wokons.

I took the family to see it last night. It was great to be back in the theater, and the old lady used to go to movies with her best friends during high school, so it was fun for her.

The best part has to be: "What's your wish? I want to attend the Jellicle Ball."

I did not hate it - I mean it was stupid but sort of entertaining - I got a kick out of the 80s scenes and seeing Gadot, but obviously just a terrible movie and continually points that DC cannot make a decent movie.

14 hours ago, ultimaton said:

Just finished.

Corny as fuck and felt like it was six hours long. What a letdown. 

Cornier than the Golden Age comics and that's hard to top. 

DC should put whoever is in charge of their animated movies in charge of the live ones. Their animated stuff is 5x better than most of their regular movies. And I'm to the dialogue and plots.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

John and Dave are going to micro manage Rogue Squadron, just like how the Marvel movies are managed, but Jenkins will get the credit and continue to get jobs.

I'm willing to bet this was the result of Warner Bros meddling "mAKe LIkE tHOr wE lIKe MoNEy" than Jenkins just flat out sucking

Finally finished this piece of shit after bailing earlier today.

Stupid plot. Stupid kids. Gal is hot. Pascal has to cringe watching his acting in this one. Action scenes are just fucking terrible. The mall scene may be the worst 10 minutes put to film this year. Gal fake running against the green screen is comically bad. After credits scene was the best thing in the movie. Still wood.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

https://www.ign.com/articles/wonder-woman-1984-first-reactions-praise-the-films-exciting-story-and-inspiring-message

strange. All of these critics who saw the movie Pre release thought it was amazing. 

If more movies go to streaming, the critics won't have as much of a lead time to get clicks and eyeballs on them.  Gotta suck off the studios.