Wonder Woman 1984 -- Coming in 2020

Patrick Bateman

1 minute ago, Buzzrock said:

I saw some neckbeard on Twitter defending the WW flying scene with “Well I guess you never read the comics.”

No, no I did not read any fucking Wonder Woman comics. If Lynda Carter or the Justice League didn’t show it then I didn’t see it. 

palabra, wonder woman doesn't fly 

This movie is a schlocky mess, I enjoyed it for that. Way too many tears over Chris Pine, and like 30 minutes of  Chris Pine being a dipshit fish out of water.

The only good superhero movie WB has made so far has been Shazam.

EDIT: I forgot about BoP, that was also awesome.

Edited by Zonahorn
  • Like 1

Fukin trash. And I was excited for this mainly for Gal. I agree with pretty much all of the comments in here. Came here just to make sure I wasnt the only one.  Others watching w me agreed. 

Besides a ridiculous, annoying “wish” plot even for a comic book...all I have to add is did Max Lord just get off scott free?? No punishment? He gets to reunite w his kid after being shit father and ruining the world attempt? Unless I missed something. Gtfo

• Hook 'Em 1

Also i hate when superhero movies make the villain just a regular old person that feels like a loser and mistakenly gets mutated or gains power that goes to their head. And the hero doesnt really want to fight them bc they feel sorry for them, then the villain goes back to normal in the end. 

I like asshole villains that are a dangerous.  The kind we hate and want the hero to kick their ass.  Batman has the best villains in DC.  Dont know history of WW and her villains but their had to better than this. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Jenkins has an interesting resume. She directed Monster in 2003. Some guest director gigs on TV for 14 years, and then Wonder Woman in 2017. Three feature films in 20 years, and Disney says, what the hell, give her a Star Wars movie. 

#GRLPWR

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Jenkins has an interesting resume. She directed Monster in 2003. Some guest director gigs on TV for 14 years, and then Wonder Woman in 2017. Three feature films in 20 years, and Disney says, what the hell, give her a Star Wars movie. 

She was originally supposed to direct Thor: Dark World, so they've been wanting to work for her for awhile for some reason. 

8 hours ago, utxmike05 said:

Also i hate when superhero movies make the villain just a regular old person that feels like a loser and mistakenly gets mutated or gains power that goes to their head. And the hero doesnt really want to fight them bc they feel sorry for them, then the villain goes back to normal in the end. 

I like asshole villains that are a dangerous.  The kind we hate and want the hero to kick their ass.  Batman has the best villains in DC.  Dont know history of WW and her villains but their had to better than this. 

Pfeiffer’s cat woman was the exact same character. Frumpy neglected Selena Kyle becomes ass kicking villain and Bats doesn’t want to hurt her. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Look at some of the MCU directors.  

But honestly, I'll take Jenkins over Abrams any day of the week.  At least she might try and give us something different.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

how did a jet fly from DC to Egypt on one tank of jet fuel ?

I mean the plane is invisible but let’s worry about fuel range?  It’s not good but it’s not the worst comic superhero movie ever.  Let’s not forget, Catwomen, Punisher, Ghost Rider, Green lantern, Daredevil.  I’d say it’s better then those atleast.

4 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

I mean the plane is invisible but let’s worry about fuel range?  It’s not good but it’s not the worst comic superhero movie ever.  Let’s not forget, Catwomen, Punisher, Ghost Rider, Green lantern, Daredevil.  I’d say it’s better then those atleast.

Green Lantern wins that shut sandwich showdown. 

5 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

she's going to really fuck up 'rogue squadron' 

Wonder Woman 3 is being fast-tracked, Warner Bros. announced today. The news comes as the pic has amounted to $85M WW after a $16.7M domestic debut.

The threequel will be written by Patty Jenkins, who is attached to direct, and starring Gal Gadot.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/wonder-woman-3-being-fast-181559240.html

34 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

An all female X Wing Squadron that gets sexually harassed by Wedge Antilles?

25 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

she's going to really fuck up 'rogue squadron' 

I doubt it.  She idolizes her dad, who was a decorated fighter pilot in Vietnam, and who died on a training mission when she was 7.

She spent over 10 years behind the camera before deciding to get into directing, as well as quite a few years doing other grunt work, so she's not some intern who jumped straight into the director's chair.

It cannot be a worse Star Wars movie than the sequels.

And the first WW movie was solid.  This one felt like it had a lot of upper management involved.

56 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

In a way, Zack Snyder is a genius, a true visionary for other directors. Make a movie that sucks, blame it on the studio/editing. Then whip up the fans and bilk Warner Brothers our of an additional $70 million. Profit. 

The world would be a better place if Snyder, Alex Kurtzman, and Kathleen Kennedy were quietly paid off to go make or produce movies for some obscure streaming network, and not have anything to do with DC, Star Trek, or Star Wars.  And toss JJ Abrams in there.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

The world would be a better place if Snyder, Alex Kurtzman, and Kathleen Kennedy were quietly paid off to go make or produce movies for some obscure streaming network, and not have anything to do with DC, Star Trek, or Star Wars.  And toss JJ Abrams in there.

I liked Snyder’s Watchmen film. It was long as hell, but it zipped along. The guy’s work has definitely fallen off a cliff. 

2 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I liked Snyder’s Watchmen film. It was long as hell, but it zipped along. The guy’s work has definitely fallen off a cliff. 

I loved Watchmen.  Cast was perfect, cinematography excellent, the whole thing was a comic book come to life.

The problem with the DC universe, he wanted to do Batman, and they gave him Superman.

I’d have to think about it more to know for sure, but that was easily in the discussion for worst movie I’ve ever seen.  And I liked the first one...  there was zero consistency throughout...

• Learning to fly all of a sudden
  • the entire lasso thing to begin with
  • suddenly being able to make the jet invisible
  • an f16 can fly from DC to Egypt?
  • Chris Pine can fly jets despite dying in WW1 or WW2?
  • Pascal has to creepily hold hands to get people to wish but then can do it through satellite 
  • The tank-like vehicles mass and speed greatly depended on if the good guys or bad guys were driving 
  • WW and Chris Pine totally don’t acknowledge or care about the guy whose body was stolen... why was that wish implemented that way anyway?
  • The golden angel armor appeared mid flight and then was pretty weak anyway?
  • Pascal knows his kid is the woods somewhere at the end... how?
  • why did Cheetah get a second wish?
  • Also, why did the Marine 1 helicopter still fly him home after he renounced his wish?
  • chris pine is a bizarre looking human... his head is way out of proportion... but handsome enough to be the love of her life?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Richter said:

I’d have to think about it more to know for sure, but that was easily in the discussion for worst movie I’ve ever seen.  And I liked the first one...  there was zero consistency throughout...

• Pascal has to creepily hold hands to get people to wish but then can do it through satellite 
  • The tank-like vehicles mass and speed greatly depended on if the good guys or bad guys were driving 
  • WW and Chris Pine totally don’t acknowledge or care about the guy whose body was stolen... why was that wish implemented that way anyway?
  • Also, why did the Marine 1 helicopter still fly him home after he renounced his wish?
  • chris pine is a bizarre looking human... his head is way out of proportion... but handsome enough to be the love of her life?

flying from DC to Egypt without taking one drink of water or using the bathroom 

On 12/26/2020 at 12:02 PM, Michael Knight said:

I'm willing to bet this was the result of Warner Bros meddling "mAKe LIkE tHOr wE lIKe MoNEy" than Jenkins just flat out sucking

The difference is that Thor actually went for it and full on embraced the over-the-top cheesiness, humor, music, and psychedelic colors. This movie just thought that picking the 80's as a setting, having a 30 second montage to 80's excess in the beginning and a silly outfit fashion show would be enough to make in fun. Other than those two paint-by-numbers scenes, what was the point of setting this in 1984? The Cold War, I guess?

Granted, Thor has the advantage of being alien, so they can have a garbage planet with sarcastic rock gladiators controlled by Jeff Goldblum. But this one still felt lazy.

21 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Yes. It was also flight ready sitting at the aviation museum. Luckily for Steve, flight technology hadn’t improved in the last 40 years.

Pine was A WW1 pilot. As we all know, the 1910's were known for their toggle switch technology and streamlined cockpit layouts.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Richter said:

Didn't Pascal's son look into the screen and wish that his dad would be there with him right now?  Why did his wish not get granted?

18 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Disney says, what the hell, give her a Star Wars movie. 

people still eat Star Wars up as long as ZOMG LUKE SKYWALKER WITH HIS GREEN LIGHTSABER!!!!! is in it

why would Disney stop any of the shit that people say they hate, when the fan base has demonstrated there's nothing they won't tolerate as long as they get to snack on sweet sweet memberberries?

I probably need to add a PS, I'm not saying The Mandalorian is bad, not good, meh, any of that. I haven't watched it, I have no opinion about it either way. All I see from my limited exposure to it is squeeing over what amounts to different levels of fan service. 

Edited by SwanderedTalent

1 hour ago, Angry Gorilla said:

Didn't Pascal's son look into the screen and wish that his dad would be there with him right now?  Why did his wish not get granted?

He had already used it to enhance his dad’s “greatness”. More of a question is how did pascal’s sudden generosity finally control the monkey paw and allow him to grant cheetah her second wish with no cost?

can’t believe that anyone hasn’t mentioned that pascal is Chilean with an off brand trump coif and his kid looked Asian as fuck (my guess was Filipino). Every latino (bro, parents, gf, multiple friends) I saw it with said the same thing and the fact they never explained how the kid was adopted (no way that is pascal’s character’s kid) kept knocking us out of the movie mindset. Terrible fucking flick with plot holes all around. Abysmal really. And I loved the first one.

54 minutes ago, achooloco said:

can’t believe that anyone hasn’t mentioned that pascal is Chilean with an off brand trump coif and his kid looked Asian as fuck (my guess was Filipino). Every latino (bro, parents, gf, multiple friends) I saw it with said the same thing and the fact they never explained how the kid was adopted (no way that is pascal’s character’s kid) kept knocking us out of the movie mindset.

Do you China market, bro?

2 minutes ago, RPM said:

Do you China market, bro?

Have at it! Plenty of good Asian male leads out there that could do the pascal character well. But to make that kid pascal’s son, is lazy/dumbtarded as fuck as a director/casting decision. Serves nothing other than ripping the viewer out of the scene time and time again (at least according to all the Mexicans/Latinos I know)

13 hours ago, Richter said:

Dude.

It's called the suspension of disbelief.  If you can't suspend your disbelief for all of these very minor plot holes, how can you ever enjoy a movie?  I mean if TV advertising guy Pascal can somehow know and learn about the wishing thingy, find it when no one else can or has any idea what it is, trick a girl into letting him borrow it, and then turn himself into the wishing thingy, what's the big deal about the rest of the stuff on this list?

Edited by smwhorn
  • Fuck You 1