Baldur’s Gate 3

Viper

• 2 weeks later...

Just started this after finding a discounted code for $30. I played the hell out of the originals and so far this is great. I completely suck at combat though, I can’t get past the first group of bandits in the chapel.

20 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Just started this after finding a discounted code for $30. I played the hell out of the originals and so far this is great. I completely suck at combat though, I can’t get past the first group of bandits in the chapel.

No shame in knocking the difficulty down, but some of those encounters are better faced with a more full party (I'd you're not up to 4 people yet in act1) with a couple of levels under their belt

On 2/4/2024 at 9:21 AM, Buzzrock said:

This fight is actually pretty tough as far as Act 1 fights go because you are so low level if you do it organically.  I would say use barrelmancy.  There are a few and the enemies are conveniently hanging out next to them which is a them in Larian games.  Also stealth works well here, from range.  You can start combat from outside the door.

I’m almost done with Act I now and I’m kicking butt having leveled up and added some more gear. I’m using an all girl crew since they have the two tanks and a healer and I’m a sorcerer. The other original characters aren’t interesting to me. Is there a way to get the big Druid to join your party? It would be helpful to have someone who can talk to animals and fit in small spaces.

The game is awesome. Much better than Starfield which I really like but ran out of stuff to do quickly. All the sex is kinda eyebrow raising at first; I’m no prude just wasn’t expecting it. It’s too bad you can’t play across Xbox and PC without paying for it twice.

• Hook 'Em 1

I just started Act 3 yesterday.  Combat did get easier once around level 3 or so as characters could get special abilities and better gear.  I mostly stick to the Shadowheart/Lae'zel/Karlach team, because my character is mainly ranged, so every need is filled.  There are more characters that can be recruited Act 2.

On 2/13/2024 at 8:44 AM, Buzzrock said:

I’m almost done with Act I now and I’m kicking butt having leveled up and added some more gear. I’m using an all girl crew since they have the two tanks and a healer and I’m a sorcerer. The other original characters aren’t interesting to me. Is there a way to get the big Druid to join your party? It would be helpful to have someone who can talk to animals and fit in small spaces.

The game is awesome. Much better than Starfield which I really like but ran out of stuff to do quickly. All the sex is kinda eyebrow raising at first; I’m no prude just wasn’t expecting it. It’s too bad you can’t play across Xbox and PC without paying for it twice.

Yes, you can recruit the druid later.

been on a break from bg3; just started act two, but backtracked my way back into act 1 before the break.

Saw on Steam that I'd spent 56 hours in the game so far. On my first character, not even into act 3 yet.

Lotta game in that game.

On 2/21/2024 at 9:59 PM, Zepol87 said:

Anyone playing on Xbox X? Get home tomorrow and have 2 weeks of nothing before another trip. Deciding if I should buy it

It's one of the biggest, best, and most complete games I've ever played. I'm a sucker for CRPGs, but goddamn BG3 hits 

• Hook 'Em 2

• 2 weeks later...