Austin Homeless Free for All Ordinance

rage-a-holic

Adler going to sleep each night having weT dreams about the millions upon millions of tax dollars plundered from Austinites in the name of the homeless crisis. When this runs it’s course, climate change will be next on the tax roll. We are all fucking sheep

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Like 2

We passed through Oak Hill a couple of nights ago while headed into town and noticed several cop cars at the car wash. They were still there a couple of hours later as we headed out of town. Found out this morning that the car wash attendant smelled smoke and called the FD. They show up and find a huge homeless encampment in the woods stretching behind the car wash and several other businesses on 71. Property owner comes out and is “amazed at the elaborate” structures tucked back in there and says it’s way worse than the “last time” he had them removed. Smoke was apparently just a result of a large campfire.

I don’t think anyone has anything close to an accurate idea of how dire the situation in Austin really is.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2019 at 2:29 PM, gsoda3 said:

that property was appraised (FY 19) at $2.6 million.  

watch them pay $6mm for it.

Give this man a prize!!!

Austin officials are working out the details of a multimillion dollar purchase of a motel in South Austin that will be converted into a bridge housing complex for people who are homeless. The project could cost up to $8 million, including $6.4 million for the actual purchase of the facility, and $1.6 million for any needed renovations.

Link

3 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Somebody is getting a kickback 

Well duh.... that’s the way City Hall has operated out in the open since I’ve been here.

No shame at all with the dirtbags no matter what party label they put on themselves. And the “enlightened” hardcore lemmings still vote for them to steal more from the taxpayers.

We passed through Oak Hill a couple of nights ago while headed into town and noticed several cop cars at the car wash. They were still there a couple of hours later as we headed out of town. Found out this morning that the car wash attendant smelled smoke and called the FD. They show up and find a huge homeless encampment in the woods stretching behind the car wash and several other businesses on 71. Property owner comes out and is “amazed at the elaborate” structures tucked back in there and says it’s way worse than the “last time” he had them removed. Smoke was apparently just a result of a large campfire.

I don’t think anyone has anything close to an accurate idea of how dire the situation in Austin really is.

A major green belt fire in west austin/west lake hills is something the city and county is not prepared to deal with. It would be devastating. Only fitting if it’s finally caused by some homeless dudes getting drunk around an open fire.

On 11/20/2019 at 2:05 AM, Texas_Rocks said:

Ahem...

Image%2011-23-19%20at%205.47%20PM_zpsjkq

50 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

A major green belt fire in west austin/west lake hills is something the city and county is not prepared to deal with. It would be devastating. Only fitting if it’s finally caused by some homeless dudes getting drunk around an open fire.

Already happened once, back around 2011 a homeless guys fire burned up 11 houses around Scenic Brook.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/20/2019 at 3:05 AM, Texas_Rocks said:

Oak Hill / Covered Bridge area already caught fire a few years back by some dude cooking his beans behind the Conoco at 1826 & 290.

2-3 months ago out here in Northern California (Bay Area) I saw a newscast where reporter was live from the location of a grass fire on a hill that abutted a neighborhood. The fire had been doused. The camera panned across an area of blackened hillside where there was an obvious homeless encampment, without mentioning its presence, an obvious elephant in the room. Thought that was odd.

Bit of news...my ACC Pinnacle being converted to homeless housing is gaining some traction.  I threw it up against the wall at commission alongside using some of the abandoned world class capital assets and the ACC idea seemed less insane by comparison so we’ve begun talks

5 hours ago, Lobo said:

Bit of news...my ACC Pinnacle being converted to homeless housing is gaining some traction.  I threw it up against the wall at commission alongside using some of the abandoned world class capital assets and the ACC idea seemed less insane by comparison so we’ve begun talks

please let this happen.  fucking Angerman will have an aneurysm.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm an asshole. I have no sympathy for the people in these pictures. Of the few who did state where they were from, none were from Austin. Therein lies the problem. I don't want to become the beacon of light for solving the homeless problem. No good will come from it. It'll just invite even more homeless to "move" here and require even more tax money from hard working people who live and work here. I'm tired of throwing more of my tax money on an never ending problem which rightfully should be addressed at state and national levels. 

https://gatehousenews.com/photo-essay-on-homeless-crisis-in-austin/home/site/statesman.com/

I want them gone. Fuck the mayor and city council for making the shit worse.

• Like 3

On 11/12/2019 at 11:17 PM, ChickenSandwich said:

Adler going to sleep each night having weT dreams about the millions upon millions of tax dollars plundered from Austinites in the name of the homeless crisis. When this runs it’s course, climate change will be next on the tax roll. We are all fucking sheep

Exactly

I'm an asshole. I have no sympathy for the people in these pictures. Of the few who did state where they were from, none were from Austin. Therein lies the problem. I don't want to become the beacon of light for solving the homeless problem. No good will come from it. It'll just invite even more homeless to "move" here and require even more tax money from hard working people who live and work here. I'm tired of throwing more of my tax money on an never ending problem which rightfully should be addressed at state and national levels. 

https://gatehousenews.com/photo-essay-on-homeless-crisis-in-austin/home/site/statesman.com/

I want them gone. Fuck the mayor and city council for making the shit worse.

Oh, Boo hoo. Why don’t you move to Seguin or Jourdanton or Elm Mott or someplace else where they don’t have grown up city problems?

• Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Oh, Boo hoo. Why don’t you move to Seguin or Jourdanton or someplace where they don’t have grown up city problems?

Bullshit. There's big city problems and there's stupid misguided policies which encourage more homeless to move here. How much money do you want to keep spending on homeless moving here. The people have no history here but yet you are expecting us to pay for their vacations and way of life?

Open your fucking house and yard to them.  Give me your address, I'll go round some up and drop them off at your house.

Edited by crash_davis

37 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Bullshit. There's big city problems and there's stupid misguided policies which encourage more homeless to move here. How much money do you want to keep spending on homeless moving here. The people have no history here but yet you are expecting us to pay for their vacations and way of life?

Open your fucking house and yard to them.  Give me your address, I'll go round some up and drop them off at your house.

I have to agree with you....all of this "compassion" is great, but at some point people have to start accepting a lot of the blame for their situation and they have to start making decisions that do not reflect having their heads firmly in their ass

the one guy from Lafayette, Louisiana.....you know what he is doing in Austin he got tired of getting shit for being a shit bag in Lafayette and instead of changing his ways, mending shit with his family, stopping fucking people over, and accepting the risk of camping in the woods with gators and bears where it rains 300 days a year he said fuck it and came to Austin 

of course what is his end fate even if he gets a "home" in Austin he is still a dumb fuck competing with 200,000 other futon surfers (many that have some education and will to work) for the low skill jobs in Austin, 100,000 illegals for the labor jobs and a place where the cost of living is high as shit compared to Louisiana......his ass needs to be sent back to Louisiana post haste

the woman from dallas with her son (and some boyfriend not in the photo).....so she lived with her aunt in dallas.....the aunt kicked her out (we can all imagine why) so her answer is to uproot from dallas because "things might be more friendly in Austin" to move to a place with a higher cost of living, fewer low skill jobs, a great deal more competition for those jobs, and now KEEP HER SON OUT OF SCHOOL TO BEG.....I guess we are suppose to believe that it was not her fault she was kicked out from her aunts, she could not leave her son with her aunt at least, it was smart to leave dallas for Austin because "things are easier", and somehow spending their last dollars to get to Austin where they know no one and nothing was some smart decision with a school aged kid

then some asshole that says he is originally from Russia and was a "troubled kid" in Houston so he just "came to Austin"......uh yea here is a ticket back to Houston asshole where you can use this other ticket to meet your connecting flight on back to Russia where you can be a drunken, lay about, pile of shit, fucking slob to your hearts content

the ones that were handicapped I felt bad for, but even then there are services for them

the one that used to drive a truck well you got the citations, but the USA has fucked up and cracked down on trucking way too much because of the supposed "dangerous commercial drivers"....so perhaps that dude can pass a drug test every other day for a month or two, then his citations are waved (if that story was true and it was not drugs or DWI) and we can stuff his sober ass back in a truck where he can live and make some decent money

thinking that a place with a relatively high cost of living (especially housing in particular) compared to many other close by states, an area with few low skill jobs relative to the competition for those jobs, and filled with college kids and somewhat sober and somewhat willing semi-educated futon surfers. and poor public transportation is a good place to let homeless with no friends, no family, no history, no car, and nothing else congregate from other places to "turn it around" is a pretty stupid plan

• Like 5

they all moved here because the city council gave them free reign to the city and the cops are to treat them as untouchables. if you were homeless, would you move to a city that makes you feel unwelcomed or a city which bends over backwards to allow you to shit, piss, and camp everywhere and cops leave you alone? you can be a general fucking nuisance and no one can do anything about it.

it's like a giant fucking welcome sign to the homeless across the nation.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, crash_davis said:

How much money do you want to keep spending on homeless moving here.

I agree that the City Council is fucking up and wasting a lot of money on a lot of things, whether it's various art projects, or the city/state tossing incentives at companies that don't need them, or whatever (especially when they come in and compete with local businesses).  And yeah, it's now second-nature to assume that when the city buys a property for something related to homelessness or whatever, that somebody with ties to the City Council are benefitting financially.

I worked in North Austin for over 10 years (late 1990s - 2010), both driving, riding the bus, even biking some (in our short winters), to commute to work, and I almost always took the same routes 5 days a week, and I saw many of the same homeless people panhandling for months, and even years in quite a few cases.

We've been kicking this can down the road for a long time, and we are seeing a helluva lot of people in the open, that have been a problem, or had problems, for many years, but were hidden away somewhere.  Are people moving here from elsewhere, because they think life will be easier?  Of course, but that doesn't mean we haven't had a homeless problem for a long time.

I don't think as many are moving here as you think though, I think far more are out in the open though.

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

and the cops are to treat them as untouchables.

We recently had a homeless dude kicked out of our neighborhood park after he setup shop in between the bathrooms.  I don't know how long it took, but it was under a few hours since he was gone by the time we came back to the park.

So no, they aren't untouchable - it just depends on where they setup at.

Really, you should run for office of some sort, or at least start showing up at the City Council meetings.  If more people like you did start showing up, some things could change.  For fuck's sake, the biking crowd gets their interests represented far beyond their numbers.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I agree that the City Council is fucking up and wasting a lot of money on a lot of things, whether it's various art projects, or the city/state tossing incentives at companies that don't need them, or whatever (especially when they come in and compete with local businesses).  And yeah, it's now second-nature to assume that when the city buys a property for something related to homelessness or whatever, that somebody with ties to the City Council are benefitting financially.

I worked in North Austin for over 10 years (late 1990s - 2010), both driving, riding the bus, even biking some (in our short winters), to commute to work, and I almost always took the same routes 5 days a week, and I saw many of the same homeless people panhandling for months, and even years in quite a few cases.

We've been kicking this can down the road for a long time, and we are seeing a helluva lot of people in the open, that have been a problem, or had problems, for many years, but were hidden away somewhere.  Are people moving here from elsewhere, because they think life will be easier?  Of course, but that doesn't mean we haven't had a homeless problem for a long time.

I don't think as many are moving here as you think though, I think far more are out in the open though.

No, they really are.  Cities and counties that aren’t on the full blown leftist pipedream are literally sending their homeless to locations that have shown the proclivity to kids glove them.  I’ve been in Orlando, Portland, Seattle, Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Austin, Dallas, Chicago and Phoenix in the last 3 months.

Take a stab at which cities have the EXTREMELY visible homeless problems.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

No, they really are.  Cities and counties that aren’t on the full blown leftist pipedream are literally sending their homeless to locations that have shown the proclivity to kids glove them.  I’ve been in Orlando, Portland, Seattle, Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Austin, Dallas, Chicago and Phoenix in the last 3 months.

Take a stab at which cities have the EXTREMELY visible homeless problems.

38 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Cloak room that shit, asshole!

• Like 2