Austin Homeless Free for All Ordinance

rage-a-holic

Mayor Adler's response, "We'd like to get her into a 1/1 efficiency as soon as tomorrow."

Police/Social Worker/Everybody Else, "Mr. Mayor, she needs psychiatric care, a wellness check, a long-term addiction program, and a lawyer."

Mayor Adler, "We're government...We don't do that sort of thing!  I'm gonna go off and speak ineffectually to this pond over here and assume everything goes to plan."  

Wheel’s response: “Send in the Rangers, DPS, and the National Guard”.

seriously though, the State needs to step up with reopening mental health treatment facilities (that are decently renovated and staffed with competent doctors & therapists). 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Armybrat said:

seriously though, the State needs to step up with reopening mental health treatment facilities (that are decently renovated and staffed with competent doctors & therapists). 

I agree, but that would only be reactive in these types of situations, the state is limited in what it can do proactively, which is honestly what we need.

The ACLU won’t let that happen.

1 hour ago, Cajun said:

She’s a female douche and drama queen, but she’s not wronIn fact she’s the exact opposite of wrong.

We have a bunch of maniacal, unbridled, fucked lunatics running this city.   On a good day.   No one, sane, will deny that. 

But this queen isn't exactly sure what is going on but feels like it's okay to just assign the homeless a red card in this particular case.  Without much substance to do so. 

Dear lord.  We want to ship Gregario to Guantanamo but people like this chick out to be first off the boat.

• Like 1

Two more stabbings this weekend because our city council doesn't offer enough new free housing to the at-risk population.  Everybody knows our lack of free housing means knives.  

Our bond crash course was cancelled which I can only assume is a wild fucking coincidence while the Mayor trips over himself to explain away more gifts.  

I'm a proud civil volunteer and I'll take the pepsi challenge against any of you dipshits who think this is all just a matter of taking money from rich people in Austin to solve homelessness.  I am speaking in plain hyperbole because that's all that is left.  Your mayor is a fucking criminal and you are mentally handicapped if you don't understand what he is leading council to do.  You are cranially disabled.  He is playing a long real estate con.  And you are fucking dumb if you think it's gonna solve this issue.  But oh yeah, he calls himself progressive and speaks in hushed tones so he must care and be on our side.  Fucking idiots...

43 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

No need to sell anyone that Adler is a fucking wet rag.  An unbridled joke that Ward used to refer to him as funeral home director.   When he was in a good mood.

I miss Jeff.  Hammer meets nail on his Adler take too.  Funny shit.

I checked below and saw that Bozo thought that was funny too, so I guess it's okay to post.

Sorry for being out of compliance earlier.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2020 at 9:36 PM, Lobo said:

30 years ago? Yeah, remember when the blacks and hispanics knew their place in town and had no representation on council?  And the monoliths of UT and state government controlled the job market and there was no real upward mobility for anyone except a handful of white male power-brokers.  Shitty food, tacit discrimination, and not much to do for families or young people.  Yeah, those were the fucking days!  

Fast forward to today... and there just aren’t any black or Hispanic people.

16 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

Fast forward to today... and there just aren’t any black or Hispanic people.

Not many blacks, but the Hispanics have been resigned to the Rundberg area, where APD refuses to be proactive, making their lives even more difficult. 

Edited by Deej

For a City with one of most robust fire code compliance departments in the nation, they seem to a bit lax on allowing a quarter mile long deposit of flammable materials to exist outdoors with no fire suppression system in place.  

6 minutes ago, Lobo said:

For a City with one of most robust fire code compliance departments in the nation, they seem to a bit lax on allowing a quarter mile long deposit of flammable materials to exist outdoors with no fire suppression system in place.  

It was a fire born out of compassion. An understanding, progressive fire.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

how long before this makes it to the Austin 911 TV Show?   5 eps?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I just saw this story in the news and I am stunned. I grew up down the street from there. My house backed up to the creek that runs thru the camp. I spent my childhood up and down that creek right where that camp resides.

I’ve been out of Austin for 29 years and just moved back in the last year. What the hell is this city doing? The news said this camp has been there for TEN years, with between twenty and ONE HUNDRED inhabitants. It’s a safety hazard, and it infringes upon the rights of the residents in that area, who, by the way, are poor. What kind of dipshits are running this city? Who governs this way? It’s outrageous.
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Lobo said:

Or so concerned with the environment, blind salamander, blue bellied warbler nesting grounds, whatever.

"Oh, you wanna dump your needles, take a shit, and start a fire there?  Sure, knock yourself out and then come over and fuck my sister!"

/COA

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

What kind of dipshits are running this city? Who governs this way? It’s outrageous.

Unopposed democrats? Don't worry though! The plan just hasn't been fully implemented. Fucking NIMBYs have forced them to nibble at the edges for years. They can attract and house a LOT more into that city below the frontage road behind your childhood home. 

For the past two days there has been a homeless guy that has lined the sidewalk down the street from my office with about 15-20 shopping carts just full of stuff.  He has some of them covered with huge tarps.  The cops were there yesterday, but all the shit remains today.  WTF.

3 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

For the past two days there has been a homeless guy that has lined the sidewalk down the street from my office with about 15-20 shopping carts just full of stuff.  He has some of them covered with huge tarps.  The cops were there yesterday, but all the shit remains today.  WTF.

Where's your office? I think I watch the same thing happen every monday from where I work.

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

My brother’s Renault 4CV caught on fire on the northbound frontage road between Woodward and Oltorf in 1960 as we were going home from St. Edward’s High School. There was nothing out there at the time except scrub oaks & some cedar.

Would have been nice if that car had caused all of the cedar to burn down as well.