Austin Homeless Free for All Ordinance

rage-a-holic

It is always interesting to hear what my fireman g-nephew and his colleagues say about the many interactions over the past few years they have had with the south Austin homeless and bums. The stories of their first hand experience does not match what that jerk mayor says, nor with the CoAPD’s obviously toned down crime “statistics”.  But local media and the advocates believe every word of pap  those officials feed them. The potential gravy train for them is boundless, what with the naive voters enabling the farce.

At least the legislature is beginning to address part of the problem by spending $300 Million to build new and/or renovate State Hospital facilities. 

Edited by Armybrat

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

This summer is gonna bring another half-dozen of these, I guarantee.  And the Austin fire chief will be pressured to hide the causes.  

We'll hear some shit like an old car with a catalytic converter backfired on dry grass.  

what are these fucksticks doing to cause these fires?  cooking meth?

32 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

At least the legislature is beginning to address part of the problem by spending $300 Million to build new and/or renovate State Hospital facilities. 

about time the State stop passing the bill on to the cities and local jails

i believe the funding number is actually $700+ million, the 300 figure is for a new hospital in Austin to replace the exisiting, ancient infrastructure...

What's this guy's surly handle?

https://www.fox7austin.com/news/austin-man-sets-up-livestream-of-alley-behind-apartment-as-social-experiment

An Austin man has set up a livestream of the alley behind his East Sixth street apartment. The alley is full of people who are homeless – and drug dealers who prey on them. 

“It’s a half a block from where tens of thousands of people are coming to party every weekend, and nobody ever sees this side of it. So, I just thought people need to see this.” said stream founder Keegan Godsey. 

Users can pay to play audio in the alley. Some of the clips are light-hearted. Others are not. Drugs, sex, and racial slurs were all mentioned when a FOX 7 Austin team listened.

Godsey has had the stream up for five days and has already received six citations from Austin police. Police say it's a noise ordinance violation and within those citations, an officer alleges that this is a hate crime.

The noise ordinance violations relate to the music/sound clips streamers can pay to play.

9 minutes ago, Deej said:

God forbid they give tickets to the folks in my neighborhood that play music too loud until 4 am.

Get a lowboy trailer, drive to one of the many homeless camps, grab a full tent or two, load on trailer, tell homeless owners to jump in. Drop tent and homeless off in your yard. Then call the police complaining that loud music is disturbing the homeless. SWAT will show up and shoot the homeowner. Move homeless back to their drug camp. Profit.

Edited by crash_davis
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

https://www.fox7austin.com/news/austin-man-sets-up-livestream-of-alley-behind-apartment-as-social-experiment

The noise ordinance violations relate to the music/sound clips streamers can pay to play.

Wait. I’m so confused. How is setting up a web stream of a public space a noise violation or hate crime. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

damn....saw this story from the link above

https://www.fox7austin.com/news/suspect-hits-and-kills-pedestrian-walks-away-from-accident-and-goes-to-beer-garden

A driver hit and killed a pedestrian who was crossing the street with a shopping cart and continued to drive for a half a mile before pulling over and walking away from the accident. Officers reportedly found the driver later at the South Austin Beer Garden. 24-year-old Paul Joseph Garcia Jr. has been arrested and charged with intoxication manslaughter, a second-degree felony.

According to police, officers were dispatched to the 10000 block of Menchaca Road around 10:30 p.m. on Saturday, February 15 for reports of an auto-pedestrian accident. When officers arrived at the scene, they observed a field of debris in the right lane of traffic that continued southbound on Menchaca Road. Officers followed the debris for half a mile and were able to locate the 2014 white Ford Focus and pedestrian involved in the crash. 

Inside the vehicle, officers found the pedestrian. The force of the impact had caused the pedestrian to penetrate the windshield and fully enter the vehicle's passenger seat, according to the affidavit. The pedestrian had traumatic injuries to his head and extremities, some of which had been detached and left in the roadway. The pedestrian was declared dead at the scene and has not been identified at this time. 

Fucking lulz. This stream is embarassing for CoA and Austin Police so they are going give him tickets to get him to stop. 
Fuck the city leadership. All this hero is doing is shining a spotlight in the dark and filming the shit that cops and city leaders allow to happen.

I didn’t see the site linked in the story. What is it?

1 hour ago, Xian said:

Wait. I’m so confused. How is setting up a web stream of a public space a noise violation or hate crime. 

people can pay to stream music or sound effects and some of the content contains racial slurs, according to the video on fox 7. I don’t know if this is the n word in rap songs or something more offensive. 

it does seem silly that the police are more worried about speakers playing in the alley instead of the drug deals. 

Edited by bschoolprof

Jesus.

Inside the vehicle, officers found the pedestrian. The force of the impact had caused the pedestrian to penetrate the windshield and fully enter the vehicle's passenger seat, according to the affidavit. The pedestrian had traumatic injuries to his head and extremities, some of which had been detached and left in the roadway. The pedestrian was declared dead at the scene and has not been identified at this time. 

16 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

A fucking hate crime? What dumbass officer said that?

13 hours ago, Blotto said:

all kinds of people cross manchaca south of ben white at all hours, and rarely use the fucking crosswalks. you really got to keep an eye out, even if you aren't as drunk as this guy evidently was.

On 2/20/2020 at 8:59 AM, Lobo said:

This summer is gonna bring another half-dozen of these, I guarantee.  And the Austin fire chief will be pressured to hide the causes.  

We'll hear some shit like an old car with a catalytic converter backfired on dry grass.  

Half dozen? I'll take the over

• Like 1

On 2/21/2020 at 9:16 AM, workswithseed said:

A fucking hate crime? What dumbass officer said that?

No shit.

Homeless set fires, crap in streets, yards, parking lots, attack tax payers and tourists, leave syringes all over the place, spread disease, break into cars, on and on with little to no repercussions.

This guys sets up a livestream and it's a hate crime?

Just when I thought "Heroes" couldn't get any lower and pathetic.  Wow.

Edited by Cajun
  • Like 2

On 2/20/2020 at 8:59 AM, Lobo said:

This is a summer town!  We need summer dollars.

Someone comes along and yells, "catalytic converter backfire" and everybody says, "Huh? What?"

You come along and yell, "HOMELESS!", and we've got a panic on our hands on the Fourth of July...

Steve Adler after people find human shits on their hoods before heading to the office - "My car was in that alley too!"

Edited by Cajun
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, KingBobo81 said:

Was driving south on MoPac a few min ago and saw a big crime scene van/taped off area. APD Twitter says they are currently investigating a suspicious homeless death at a homeless camp in the woods by MoPac and William Cannon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw it as early as 11:30 today.  First thing I thought was homeless death and my wife searched to confirm it.

My AFD “source” who has dealt with the homeless in South Austin for years has gotten to know many of them by name. When dealing with them he asks them where are they from, and according to him roughly 80-90% say they are from out of town.

Also, most of the low level violent crime (stabbings, beatings, occasional shootings) that takes place in some of the camps does not get reported in the media nor is included in APD crime statistics. 
It is only recently that more media exposure is revealing what has been going on, particularly the huge garbage dumps that underworld “culture” has created.

^^Yeah, go tell Adler that 80% are from out of town and then  measure the time from when you get the first word out of your mouth to when he opens his suck to shame you for spreading "fake news".

It's just like Mexico and the cartels.  Horrific shit going on daily and the media's marching orders are as follows...

hear-no-evil-a3-copy-.jpg?1492866023&s=d

Edited by Cajun
Lots of rescue ranger citizens around here play the same games.

AFD doing a controlled burn on south 183 access road of homeless camp debris. 

if you live/work anywhere near there, wear a gas mask today because so much of that burn is gonna be plastics, plasterboard, rubber, ferrous metals, etc.  

someone please explain Why you voted for Adler.  Just tell me one reason.

Man charged, arrested for murder at 'large homeless camp' in Austin

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/crime/mopac-dead-body-found-homeless-camp-feb-23/269-0734cb69-a416-4ebb-acae-2b653b9e5c62

AUSTIN, Texas — Austin police have charged a man with murder as they investigate the death of a man found near a "large homeless camp" in a wooded area of the 5900 block of S. MoPac Expressway. 

The APD said it responded to a check welfare call at 8:47 a.m. Sunday. APD said a person informed Sunset Valley PD of a dead man's body in the wooded area. 

APD said its officers then responded to the scene – which a spokesperson referred to as a "large homeless camp" – and found the body of a deceased man. A witness told police there had been a shooting in the area on Friday and the body was still on scene. The witness took police to the body, which police said had a single gunshot wound to the chest. He was pronounced dead on scene around 9:51 a.m.

The witness was transported to the police station, where he reported that he was in his tent around 3 or 4 p.m. on Friday when he heard two people known to him as Richard and Shawn arguing outside Richard's tent. He said he heard Richard telling Shawn to get out because he had stolen from him. 

Then he said he heard a gunshot. He said he heard Richard say "He wouldn't leave, so I shot him." Then he said he saw Shawn on the ground with blood coming from his mouth, so he checked for his pulse. After that, he said he made a gasp for air and then went unresponsive.

RELATED: Austin police make arrest in suspicious homeless camp death

Police eventually identified Richard's girlfriend and spoke to her at the homicide office. She reported that they had been in a romantic relationship with him for about six months but he was controlling of her and would sometimes zip her into his tent with a padlock to keep her from leaving or contacting anyone else.

On the evening of the shooting, she told police she was talking on her phone near Richard's tent when she heard the shot. When she ran over, she said she saw Shawn falling to the ground with Richard standing next to him. She said she believed they were arguing over a bicycle and a backpack. 

The woman said Richard told her that he was protecting her from Shawn. She also reported that she and Richard stayed in his tent that night and that someone had placed a pattress over Shawn.

Police identified Richard as 41-year-old Damon Richard Boyd. Photos of Boyd were shown to both witnesses, who both positively identified him as the suspect.

Online records Monday afternoon indicate Boyd remains in the Travis County Jail under a $500,000 bond. He faces a first-degree felony murder charge.

Police believe the deceased's name is Shawn Thomas Eaton.

In a Sunday press conference, police said they had spoken to nearby property owners, who told officers they had not had any previous issues with the homeless camp. APD said the homeless camp wooded area had been evacuated while investigators processed the scene.

On 2/20/2020 at 10:10 PM, bschoolprof said:

people can pay to stream music or sound effects and some of the content contains racial slurs, according to the video on fox 7. I don’t know if this is the n word in rap songs or something more offensive. 

it does seem silly that the police are more worried about speakers playing in the alley instead of the drug deals. 

They have to catch them doing it.  I guess a simple solution would be to post up a few foot patrol officers in the area which would probably drive the pushers away.  This idea will NEVER happen because cops do not get paid to stand around deterring crime.  They get paid for arrests and citations.  It's a total bullshit model of law enforcement that is followed by virtually every LEA in the country.

18 hours ago, Paco said:
21 hours ago, mchookem said:
um...homeless with GUNS now? emoji52.png

They have guns and phones, and apparently a pattress.

Was wondering if that was a typo and should be a mattress, or they actually had a plastic box used for a junction of electrical wiring inside drywall big enough to cover a body.