Austin Homeless Free for All Ordinance

rage-a-holic

On 2/20/2020 at 10:27 AM, crash_davis said:

what are these fucksticks doing to cause these fires?  cooking meth?

On 2/20/2020 at 11:07 AM, MissingInAction said:

Cooking food I would think, and meth of course.

On 2/20/2020 at 11:21 AM, Deej said:

Who knew Austin's homeless were dropping so many mixtapes?

You really believe they are looking for a way out of this issue?
Don't you even grift bro?
COA no more wants to solve the homeless issue than they want to improve traffic flow in ATX.  Ain't no cash in the cure baby!  1:23 mark is chillingly dead on...

The fact that there are people out there in this day and age that don’t understand this is somewhat perplexing.
  • Like 1

On 3/3/2020 at 2:02 PM, tx 3 putt said:

who puts up a statue of a grackle ?

The city of Austin, of course. So a deranged homeless man can then come along and burn it to the ground.

Hopefully the grackle statue is to be replaced by a statue of a homeless dude depicting the burning down of the grackle statue, that costs about 100k to commission.

This the way of the city of Austin and the circle of life.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

The city of Austin, of course. So a deranged homeless man can then come along and burn it to the ground.

Hopefully the grackle statue is to be replaced by a statue of a homeless dude depicting the burning down of the grackle statue, that costs about 100k to commission.

This the way of the city of Austin and the circle of life.

And it can be brought to us by 

Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor. Damn!

• Like 1

Ah, wonderful Austin...

Man ran off by manager returns to Austin restaurant, shoots customer, police say

According to a police report, the man is homeless and had not been arrested as of Wednesday morning.

Author: Rebecca Flores, Luis de Leon
Published: 9:19 AM CST March 4, 2020
Updated: 9:26 PM CST March 4, 2020

AUSTIN, Texas — Editor's note: The video above was published in November.

Austin police are investigating after a man allegedly shot a customer from outside a restaurant on Super Tuesday.

The shooting took place at 9717 N. Lamar Blvd., which is a shopping center, just before 10 p.m. Tuesday night.

According to an Austin police report obtained by KVUE, an officer responded to a call about a shooting after a witness reported a restaurant manager "ran off a homeless person" who was urinating outside at the back of the restaurant.

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/crime/austin-homeless-man-shooting-restaurant-police-report/269-0e9b69ba-9588-4124-afc3-506da0cabc81

Poor Adler's gonna have to break out the beret again...

07-minister.jpg

Edited by Cajun

8 hours ago, Texas_Rocks said:

In another forum some cat claimed it more likely that the homeless guy disarmed the restaurant manager and then shot him with his own gun...because the homeless generally don’t have access to guns.

Insanity.

Just like they don’t have access to alcohol or drugs... generally.

2 hours ago, 3adays said:

I wasn’t sure where to put this but was curious if anyone heard any more on this one. Since coverage of this was minimal, I assumed it was a homeless person. 

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/police-investigating-body-found-near-taco-shack-in-northwest-austin/

Not a lot of homeless in that area.

And wtf is this.

1 hour ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

They're just going to hang this in that spot now:
ByAkW9xIMAAyw1W.jpg

58 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Not a lot of homeless in that area.

I have no idea if that incident involved the homeless, but there are more homeless in that area than you think.  The space behind the Randall's at Mesa and Spicewood is a den in the early stages of looking like the beast that caught on fire on the east side. 

2 minutes ago, Samson's Wig said:

I have no idea if that incident involved the homeless, but there are more homeless in that area than you think.  The space behind the Randall's at Mesa and Spicewood is a den in the early stages of looking like the beast that caught on fire on the east side. 

Crazy.  There's an old folks home right behind that.  Can't imagine I would be too pleased if Nana were on the doorstep of a homeless camp.

Yep.  If the old folks look over the fence on the east side of their property . . . surprise!   It's not as bad as other areas of town, for sure, but NW Austin isn't immune to the issue.  The woods out here are filled with camps, and have been for many years.  Recent events have led, seemingly, to more homeless existing out in the open in this area.

Mayor better do some rain dances this summer because some of these camps are a few weeks of drought away from going up in flames.  

50 minutes ago, Samson's Wig said:

Yep.  If the old folks look over the fence on the east side of their property . . . surprise!   It's not as bad as other areas of town, for sure, but NW Austin isn't immune to the issue.  The woods out here are filled with camps, and have been for many years.  Recent events have led, seemingly, to more homeless existing out in the open in this area.

So when do the deer have enough and stand their ground?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Mayor better do some rain dances this summer because some of these camps are a few weeks of drought away from going up in flames.  

That's actually a very good point. Shit will really hit the fan if/when green spaces and houses start going up in flames from the homeless having bbq and meth cookouts. 

Edited by crash_davis

• 3 weeks later...

SECTION 6. Definitions and Exemptions. a. Individuals experiencing homelessness are exempt from this Order except that, to the extent individuals are using shared or outdoor spaces, they shall, to the greatest extent feasible, maintain social distancing of at least six feet from any other person, consistent with the Social Distancing Requirements, as defined in this Section, below. Individuals experiencing homelessness are strongly urged to obtain shelter.

good thing they included the homeless, i though this shit might real

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hpara759 said:

SECTION 6. Definitions and Exemptions. a. Individuals experiencing homelessness are exempt from this Order except that, to the extent individuals are using shared or outdoor spaces, they shall, to the greatest extent feasible, maintain social distancing of at least six feet from any other person, consistent with the Social Distancing Requirements, as defined in this Section, below. Individuals experiencing homelessness are strongly urged to obtain shelter.

good thing they included the homeless, i though this shit might real

untouchables. amazing for a people who hardly pay any taxes to the city or county.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
6 minutes ago, landman said:

That video needs to go to TCEQ, Governor, State Reps, news channels, etc.  

Fuck Adler and his minions.

Nothing to see here, just longtime Austinites having a bit of bad luck.

Just wait until he steps into his cushy job at the LCRA and opens up the Highland Lakes to his garbage.

Forget the theft, vandalism, drug use, fire hazard, etc.  You would think polluting the watershed would send up the green bat signal for the COA bureaucrats to unleash great vengeance and furious anger on those who would attempt to poison the salamanders.  Guess not. 

Now, if they start polluting the bike lanes, just wait a goddamn minute, mister, we have a problem.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

I remember when the only thing you needed to worry about being present  in our creeks and Town Lake was the Chlordane.  Because of it my parents strongly discouraged me from eating any fish from Barton Creek or Town Lake.  Now you have to worry about hobo gravy too?  I'll have to tell my youngest to quit opening his eyes underwater when he swims in the creek.

22 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

Forget the theft, vandalism, drug use, fire hazard, etc.  You would think polluting the watershed would send up the green bat signal for the COA bureaucrats to unleash great vengeance and furious anger on those who would attempt to poison the salamanders.  Guess not. 

Now, if they start polluting the bike lanes, just wait a goddamn minute, mister, we have a problem.  

Well there’s trickle down in action.  A rising ties floats all turds into out creeks.   Maybe we shouldn’t have shut down all the mental facilities.  All these people aren’t just going to magically disappear.  

14 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

I agree. 

Would it be possible to convince the "professional rioters" aka BLM protestors that those are the Alt-Right version of CHAZ camps in Austin?

No idea, other than endless complaining and gnashing of teeth isn’t going to fix the problem.   It’s easy to say that places who, however misguided, try to help are magnets for the homeless, but if every city in the country started being tough on vagrants and what have you, all these people aren’t going to magically evaporate.  I don’t have a solution, sorry.  

12 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

No idea, other than endless complaining and gnashing of teeth isn’t going to fix the problem.   It’s easy to say that places who, however misguided, try to help are magnets for the homeless, but if every city in the country started being tough on vagrants and what have you, all these people aren’t going to magically evaporate.  I don’t have a solution, sorry.  

Expand mental health institutions and staff them with competent therapists. Make it easier to adjudicate involuntary commitment.
For the lazy bums, no camping anywhere in public nor “back in the woods”. But give them  the opportunity to move designated campgrounds overseen by city & county. Giving them free hotel rooms & apartments is not the wayto go. If they refuse, then either a work camp or gtfo.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, B00M said:

Where do you want them to go?! @Bozo_Casanova

For real all our green belts and creeks are fucked.

Well personally I’d like to see zoning that would allow us to recreate community first village in the city limits. 

There’s plenty of money for it. but nobody wants that except people who care.