Austin Homeless Free for All Ordinance

rage-a-holic

1 minute ago, Pasken said:

Wouldn't that take someone suing the city over the ordinance? 

Yep. It is usually someone who has been cited under the new ordinance. Constitutional law in this sector is in flux. For efficiency, it is useful to have clear cut lines for all involved. 

9 hours ago, Gardner Barnes said:

So today’s the big day?

i was downtown and drove along part of Cesar Chavez today... there were only a couple of tents remaining west of ~West...i think we should see drastic improvement even just during phase 1.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, mchookem said:

i was downtown and drove along part of Cesar Chavez today... there were only a couple of tents remaining west of ~West...i think we should see drastic improvement even just during phase 1.

7th and 35 has lost more residents, as well.

Guessing folks trying to get a headstart on primo camping spots. 

• Hook 'Em 1

We’re “this close” to becoming an idiocracy. Lol. Or we’ve been there for a while. The pandemic has messed with my thinking a bit. Soon we will be able to get legal degrees at Costco. It’s just a matter of time.
EDD89387-DED1-4117-8386-46C09AA855E9.gif.8f288251279e0020545fb0c6077dd82c.gif

A Costco law school would be higher ranked than aggy sheep law on day one.
  • Haha 1

We’re “this close” to becoming an idiocracy. Lol. Or we’ve been there for a while. The pandemic has messed with my thinking a bit. Soon we will be able to get legal degrees at Costco. It’s just a matter of time.
EDD89387-DED1-4117-8386-46C09AA855E9.gif.8f288251279e0020545fb0c6077dd82c.gif

aggy already got a law school.

Dammit shoulda scrolled down further.
  • Haha 1

Guest Lobo

Serious question, is A&M's law school still the bottom rated one in Texas?  Like #10 outta 10, or have they at least moved past South Texas College of Law and/or UNT?  

9 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Serious question, is A&M's law school still the bottom rated one in Texas?  Like #10 outta 10, or have they at least moved past South Texas College of Law and/or UNT?  

They legitimately moved past South Texas and UNT not long after becoming aggy law, but they jumped like 60 spots in USN&WR this year and according to them are now considered ranked 3rd only behind UT and SMU.  No fishy about that at all, and no explanation of that jump.

12 hours ago, Lobo said:

Texas Southern law is in its own class of bad in Texas.

1 hour ago, Cajun said:

Just heard FitLump on Todd and Don.

LMAO

She really thinks that she's Ellen Troxclair-lite.  She is wrong.  So very wrong.

Her comment when they asked her about running for mayor was funny. I really didn't realize it was her until the end since I missed the first part but she's not all wrong either despite the distaste for her on Surly. The people voted and yet the majority of the council don't care for the outcome so are trying to do something different. Regardless, it does seem like it's shaping up to be a disaster over the next few months.

Guest Lobo
49 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Bums camping around City Hall now making terroristic threats against cops.

This should go well.

dis-gon-be-good-gif-10.gif

links?  Vids?  Would love to pass intel on to my councilwoman.  

2 hours ago, Cajun said:

Bums camping around City Hall now making terroristic threats against cops.

This should go well.

dis-gon-be-good-gif-10.gif

I dunno, "You try to move me off of the street and I'll raise BOTH of my armpits at you!" Would make me back off.

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

links?  Vids?  Would love to pass intel on to my councilwoman.  

Todd and Don were talking about a video that was making its rounds on the inter webs.  Now that I'm back on laptop I'll see if I can locate something.

1 minute ago, Cajun said:

Todd and Don were talking about a video that was making its rounds on the inter webs.  Now that I'm back on laptop I'll see if I can locate something.

That's what I was referencing but I have not found it yet.

On 5/12/2021 at 11:12 AM, ZB'Tejas said:

Her comment when they asked her about running for mayor was funny. I really didn't realize it was her until the end since I missed the first part but she's not all wrong either despite the distaste for her on Surly. The people voted and yet the majority of the council don't care for the outcome so are trying to do something different. Regardless, it does seem like it's shaping up to be a disaster over the next few months.

How is the rest of council doing something different? They voted to certify the election results as was their duty. 

kelly is stil a disaster to the rest of the city. Her policies just make her a hero to the DT because of the posters that hang out here.

Edited by Pasken
  • Rage+1 1

23 minutes ago, Chet Steadman said:

Nothing like enjoying a nice trail jog on what will likely be the last morning in the early 60s for several months and having to detour around the latest homeless camp fire. 

Again, Prop B didn't address homeless along trails because that was always not allowed. Cronk didn't enforce the ban because of Corona. Council never legalized camping on trails and parks.

1 minute ago, formermav43 said:

We’ve clearly been reading different boards.

People love to shit on her here but most of them agree with her policies on the homeless, transit and housing. It's really funny.

44 minutes ago, Pasken said:

Again, Prop B didn't address homeless along trails because that was always not allowed. Cronk didn't enforce the ban because of Corona. Council never legalized camping on trails and parks.

I wasn't making a comment about Prop B.  I was making a comment about the raging fire that lasted over half an hour this morning which was caused by a homeless camp positioned on the middle of the Hike & Bike Trail.

• Hook 'Em 1

So sick of this shit. 

Your house is infested with cockroaches that the city government welcomed and allowed in. The city government said they can only infest certain parts of your home but they infest everything. The city government does nothing. You finally win the right to get rid of them but now the city wants to take months to remove them. The cockroaches have more rights than homeowners/tax paying citizens of this fucking city.

FUCK all of these motherfuckers for making this situation an absolute disaster and then dragging their fucking asses on making it go away. 

I wish a vigilante group would go around lighting all of these fucking tents on fire. They are full of stolen shit anyway. If Fitlump was the head of that vigilante group, I'd fap to her a pic of her fivehead.

Guest Lobo

As if that award was some kind of shocker.  I guess Kitchen and Pool were too busy to be nominated? 

I still read the Chronicle regularly.  Probably 2-3x/month.  To watch them consistently double and triple down on how bad they got the homeless situation/camping ban roller-coaster...it just makes me sad for them.  They think that by being so hamstrung to Adler/Casar, they were being the compassionate voice of reason in Austin...helping us cling to our old soul.  All they do is tell about 30,000 Central and South Austinites what they want to hear and then get about 70% of their facts wrong.  The Austin Monitor at least tries to call out the grift when they see it, though they're running the same "progressive" stories which are really just the same 7 sources at City Hall feeding them the same bullshit over and over again.  I know they don't have the resources, but I would love to see Texas Tribune lay waste to Adler/Casar one day before they leave office.  The criminal fraud perpetrated by those two assclowns bottles the mind.  

Back to the homeless issue.  

I couldn't help myself---after the vote and this bullshit timetable was finally "revealed" to citizens/taxpayers by Adler (my councilwoman was completely unaware of the timetable's development or existence and she's a policy wonk)...emailed my friend in leadership at School of Social Work at UT.  Basically, "Hey, since it looks like the homeless folks will be 'moved along' in probably two waves.  One right away when the ban goes back into effect and then another at the end of all these warning/citation periods expire.  What can I help facilitate between your students/clinical practicioners and the city to triage these folks on their way out---get counts, assess who needs what kind of help, build database, etc. before they scatter again?"  She's too polite to say it, but her response had the vibe of, "Oh Lobo, you magnificently naive bastard."  Adler is about to blow the best chance we have of figuring out who is here and what kind of real help they need besides their own wing at a hotel.  Never again are they all gonna pack up and leave and march single file out of downtown/out from under highways.  And Casar and Adler refused the help because they don't want people to know what we're really dealing with.  Fucking Monsters.  If you voted for Steve Adler in 2014, you're naive.  If you voted for Steve Adler in 2018, you're a complicit piece of shit in defrauding a great city and causing misery and death of those who suffer under this thumb.  Fuck you and fuck him.  I don't even know what to say about the smug piece of shit, Casar.  He's a whole 'nother class of fuckbag.  

2 hours ago, SKA the boss said:

Casar is too busy on social media self-promoting his Chronicle victory as council member of the year.

It's cute that he actually thinks winning that is a good thing.

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Fucking Monsters.  If you voted for Steve Adler in 2014, you're naive.  If you voted for Steve Adler in 2018, you're a complicit piece of shit in defrauding a great city and causing misery and death of those who suffer under this thumb.  Fuck you and fuck him.  I don't even know what to say about the smug piece of shit, Casar.  He's a whole 'nother class of fuckbag.  

I never thought anyone could dislike that despicable, crooked and hypocritical wet rag more than me.

But I've had to rethink that, in serious fashion.  

Hilarious that people blame Adler/Casar for the homeless camps.  

Don't blame Adler/Casar, blame the people that voted for them. Adler won with 60% of the vote and Casar won with 66% of the vote.  Both won landslide victories.  I saw "Vote Against Prop B" yard signs in central Austin. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

4 minutes ago, Shaggybevo said:

Hilarious that people blame Adler/Casar for the homeless camps.  

Don't blame Adler/Casar, blame the people that voted for them. Adler won with 60% of the vote and Casar won with 66% of the vote.  Both won landslide victories.  I saw "Vote Against Prop B" yard signs in central Austin. 

Adler did not win on a "I will turn this city into a homeless tent city shithole" platform. If he had, he would not have been elected. No one knew he and the other council members would fuck over the city in 2019.