IT'S ROBOT FIGHTING TIME!!!!!! Battlebots 2019

Prepuce of Doom

Eh, nothing is certain. I was doubting a few of my picks (Death Roll over Yeti, Minotaur over Hydra) right until the start of each match. 

I really didn't see Sawblaze putting on such a dominant performance, but it seems so obvious from a matchup standpoint in hindsight. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom

Yeah, I've really come around on Witch Doctor - they annoyed the shit out of me a few years ago, but I like them and generally root for them now. I'm very impressed by their ongoing improvement. But I'm still bewildered by their embrace of cheesy New Orleans-style "voodoo" given that they're from Miami which has its own legitimate vodou culture... 

I had hoped to get a few more bracket entries from the peanut gallery, but here are the standings and max possible score for our family pool (2/4/8/16 points). 

PoD: 14 points; 62 max possible

Mrs. Doom: 12 points; 60 max possible 

Grammy Doom: 10 points; 58 max possible 

Doomlet: 10 points; 26 max possible 

Immortal: 8 points; 24 max possible. 

20190921_123133.jpg

20190921_123123.jpg

20190921_123142.jpg

20190921_122232.jpg

20190921_122737.jpg

Chicago is expected to have heavy storms tonight during the time when Battlebots will air, and I'm anticipating the possibility that our satellite will go out. 

If that happens, Doomlet will be inconsolable. 

Does anyone happen to know how to watch Battlebots from some kind of online source? I'm pretty ignorant about cord cutting and streaming and all that shit (deliberately so - I'm perfectly willing to continue paying the exorbitant monthly costs in order to not have to deal with learning all new shit and fighting with what I perceive to be a complete patchwork of access) but our TV has all kinds of Internet shit I don't know how to use, plus we have a Chromecast that I assume might be helpful. 

I would vastly prefer to watch in (relative) real time tonight, but if we have to jerry rig something in order to watch tonight's episode tomorrow, I guess that's a good enough compromise. I just don't want to have to wait until the re-airing on the Science Channel next Wednesday... 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom

Pretty satisfying conclusion. 

I wish they had stretched the tournament to three episodes. Maybe toss in some of the most entertaining unaired and inconsequential matches (if there were any worth showing), have a "survivors" last man standing group melee or two, maybe some silly "skills challenges" exhibition stuff (obstacle course, World's Strongest Man type shit, destroying stuff (tube-style TVs, watermelons, frozen turkeys, Cabbage Patch Kids, etc.) and whatever. 

Final bracket standings:

Me: 34

Mrs. Doom: 32

Grammy Doom: 30

Doomlet: 26

Immortal: 24