Arsenal 2019-2020

Goo Punch

I'm with Buzz and Arseblog, the sum of the parts looks like a whole lot less than the individual pieces add up to separately.  I don't like the idea of a midseason change but as things stand we will miss the champions league again, and that's with the rest of the top 6 not looking good.  It's just unacceptable.

30 minutes ago, idigTexas said:

Who could Arsenal realistically get in the middle of the season to replace Emery?  I can't think of an available name that would get me excited.  Is there a precedent for manager poaching during the season?

Leicester hired Brendan Rodgers last year in February, while Celtic were 8 points clear at the top of the SPL table, but it's definitely not common. Can't really think of another example tbh.

I think Arsenal's best bet would be to fire Emery and bring on Arteta, who lots of Gooners wanted originally. He's currently an assistant at City so he'd have to be willing to leave them midseason, but that's a lot different than leaving a head coaching gig. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...