Arsenal 2019-2020

Goo Punch

Pepé has looked brighter in five minutes than anything we've done in the last five weeks. 

Why do you say that? He hasn’t shown anything. He’s not a team player and generally just gives the ball away instead of passing.

They all fucking suck except for maybe Martinelli but I’d be looking to leave if I was him so my future isn’t sabotaged.

3 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Why do you say that? He hasn’t shown anything. He’s not a team player and generally just gives the ball away instead of passing.

They all fucking suck except for maybe Martinelli but I’d be looking to leave if I was him so my future isn’t sabotaged.

because when he came on yesterday he brought more of a spark to our team than i've seen in weeks. every single time he got the ball he was taking on whoever was in front of him and trying to create something. the rest of the team looked half asleep.

On 12/6/2019 at 9:11 AM, CooterBrown said:

I was just googling how to watch the lower division next year. For fucks sake.

Arsenal are one of just six teams to have never been relegated from the Premier League. In fact, they're the team with the longest streak without being relegated in English football - the last time they went down was before the First World War, in the 1912-13 season.

On 12/9/2019 at 3:30 PM, drt said:

Tierney just dislocated his shoulder

Arsenal defender Kieran Tierney will be out for three months after dislocating his shoulder.

Scot Tierney, 22, was forced off in Monday's Premier League win at West Ham and will have surgery next week.

The injury was sustained in Tierney's third Premier League start since his £25m move from Celtic in August.

It means the left-back is a major doubt for Scotland's Euro 2020 play-off against Israel at Hampden Park on 26 March.

Arteta (and Ancelotti) in the stands was thinking "What the fuck?" 

And, you're 10th in the league going into the match.  Playing away?  Yeah, throw in Reiss-Nelson, Smith-Rowe, Saka (at LB).  With Laca, Guendouzi and Pepe on the bench.  Substitution?  Take Auba off and throw in Willock?

Q:  Freddie, what were you thinking?

A:  Fuck it.  Let's go bowling.

Yes, Freddie was the academy coach and knows the kids, but really?  At least try to go out there seriously to get 3 points. 

20 minutes ago, drt said:

Did you see Freddie’s comment about Mesut after someone asked about his injury? Something to the effect of, “he wouldn’t have been out there anyway after Wednesday” 

daaaaaamn

Well, Ozil kicked his gloves when substituted in the Man City match.  Can't have that.  Standards . . . I guess.

Edit:  In all fairness, I would expect Arteta to put up with less.  My hope is that he is successful in offloading Xaka and at least Mustafi in January.  If Auba wants to go to Madrid, fine.  Use the funds to buy some better defenders.

Edited by 89Horn

1 hour ago, 89Horn said:

Well, Ozil kicked his gloves when substituted in the Man City match.  Can't have that.  Standards . . . I guess.

Edit:  In all fairness, I would expect Arteta to put up with less.  My hope is that he is successful in offloading Xaka and at least Mustafi in January.  If Auba wants to go to Madrid, fine.  Use the funds to buy some better defenders.

I got the impression it was more along the lines of the clubs highest paid player deserved to be substituted for an unproven youth player, and when you play that badly you don’t automatically get put in the team next game, regardless of who you are. 

16 minutes ago, TexasBuckeye said:

one of the saddest things you can say.

WE ARE ARSENAL! "we didn't lose" is never good enough. 

The Invincibles was a long time ago . . . 

And since a draw is a commonplace option, it can be a decent result.  It can also be the best result when two teams play that you don't want to take all 3 points. 

22 hours ago, 89Horn said:

Arteta (and Ancelotti) in the stands was thinking "What the fuck?" 

And, you're 10th in the league going into the match.  Playing away?  Yeah, throw in Reiss-Nelson, Smith-Rowe, Saka (at LB).  With Laca, Guendouzi and Pepe on the bench.  Substitution?  Take Auba off and throw in Willock?

Q:  Freddie, what were you thinking?

A:  Fuck it.  Let's go bowling.

Yes, Freddie was the academy coach and knows the kids, but really?  At least try to go out there seriously to get 3 points. 

i'm pretty sure it was a message to the older players: get in line NOW, or be replaced. same as Freddie outright saying that Ozil's behavior after being subbed off would have kept him out of the team anyway. we have plenty of young talent who are all hungry play. this is Freddie/Arteta seeing if the older guys want it just as bad. 

also, Xhaka will be gone in January, and Ozil won't last past the summer. It's gonna be a new look Arsenal all over again before long. 

54 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

i'm pretty sure it was a message to the older players: get in line NOW, or be replaced. same as Freddie outright saying that Ozil's behavior after being subbed off would have kept him out of the team anyway. we have plenty of young talent who are all hungry play. this is Freddie/Arteta seeing if the older guys want it just as bad. 

also, Xhaka will be gone in January, and Ozil won't last past the summer. It's gonna be a new look Arsenal all over again before long. 

Perhaps the better way to determine whether the older players are on board is to play them in front of their new manager.   As for Ozil, Emery froze him out for months.  Freddie was on the training ground that entire time.  He knows what Ozil is all about, and has still given him opportunities.   Arsenal are bleeding points and getting further away from the Europa/CLspots.   Play the multimillion dollar talent and see what they do.  If they drop points with lazy play, that will speak volumes for Arteta.

Yes, Arsenal have young hungry talent.  Arteta has seen the play the young kids route under Wenger, with limited success.  Arsenal can’t do that anymore, even with the bottom of the table clubs.  Arsenal shouldn’t throw the “babies” out there, per Patrice Evra, following the Man United 8-2 thrashing in 2011 and as he pointed out again as recently as this October.  Arteta is no dummy.  He doesn’t need a gimmick like playing the kids to see who’s on board.  He knows the characters and can determine who will buy in based on his own analysis.

• Like 1