Arsenal 2019-2020

Goo Punch

didn't know he's never played on the left, i just read something from Ornstein re: Soares talking about how Tierny is still out, Kola has had injuries, and how Sako isn't a LB so it sounded like bringing him in as cover at LB is at least part of the plan. could be wrong though. 

Edited by Goo Punch

We don’t play with enough humility. Hey guys guess what: NOBODY OWES YOU ANYTHING!! YOU’RE NOT VERY GOOD!! GO OUT AND EARN IT!!

FFS. Teed it up for Laca and Auba and nothing. And then Ozil with absolutely stupid yellow. I don’t know why I’m so frustrated today vs all the many many many other frustrating days of late, but sometimes we look like a team half full of prima donnas who just expect good things to happen vs working all-out for them.

The first 15 minutes was promising. Then same old Arsenal. Good thing Burnley can’t shoot but that’s a sad thing to hang the second half on.

/rant

P.S. How the FUCK does Mustafi keep getting starts?

3 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Derka,

your favorite player is still killing it

i would legitimately love to sign him this summer. absolutely remarkable that he's still playing at this level after that injury/surgery horror show. plus, he was recently quoted as saying that he would love to play for Arsenal again, that it's the biggest club he ever played for, and that he never got to say goodbye. i say bring it.

Players that looked fucking awful suddenly look decent to good. Coaching matters. Fuck the board for waiting as long as they did. The league campaign would have had been much more achievable if they wouldn’t have sat on their hands when the writing was on the wall. 

Players that looked fucking awful suddenly look decent to good. Coaching matters. Fuck the board for waiting as long as they did. The league campaign would have had been much more achievable if they wouldn’t have sat on their hands when the writing was on the wall. 

Only 4 points out of 5th which may qualify for CL.

also- and this isn't an excuse for losing- but the official fucking boned us right before that goal. we had won the ball and were moving it forward when he decided to blow the whistle and made an offside call against Olympiacos that killed our momentum. next thing you know we're on the back foot and we concede a goal. 

Edited by Goo Punch

I never want Arsenal to lose, but winning Europa was not very likely with all the injuries, and at least it may provide a small silver lining.  My hope is that this will allow the club to be a little fresher down the stretch, and to focus on moving up the PL table to at least qualify for Europa next season.  That's as much sunshine as can muster under the circumstances.