Devin Duvernay "good hands"

Katfid54

7 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

What are you talking about?  This is recruiting discussion.  The whole point of these posts is that we should be willing to take Achane as a Z.

get the fuck out of here with that shit - like 2 pages of discussion about if Devin Duv has good hands is not part of the recruiting discussion.

Honestly it doesn't matter if he is Calvin fucking Johnson out there at this point because he is a senior and will be gone by the time the incoming class steps foot on campus. So as part of a recruiting discussion, his hands being good or bad doesn't really matter outside of the fact that the projected starting Z WR is going to be graduating. 

5 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Here's a fun snippet on Collins:

He reiterated to me that his mother’s ties to UT won’t have any impact on his decision and she doesn’t try to influence him in any particular direction. He’s going to go where he feels is the “best atmosphere and situation for (myself).”

Texas has as good a chance as anyone here, but they are by no means the favorite for the local product, in my opinion. I truly believe that he doesn’t know where he wants to go at this point. This one is going to be a fight.

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, NoName said:
20 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

What are you talking about?  This is recruiting discussion.  The whole point of these posts is that we should be willing to take Achane as a Z.

get the fuck out of here with that shit - like 2 pages of discussion about if Devin Duv has good hands is not part of the recruiting discussion.

Honestly it doesn't matter if he is Calvin fucking Johnson out there at this point because he is a senior and will be gone by the time the incoming class steps foot on campus. So as part of a recruiting discussion, his hands being good or bad doesn't really matter outside of the fact that the projected starting Z WR is going to be graduating. 

IKnewItWasAJokeMinkus.IJustDidn'tGetItRightAway.Brint.Gif

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:
8 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Here's a fun snippet on Collins:

He reiterated to me that his mother’s ties to UT won’t have any impact on his decision and she doesn’t try to influence him in any particular direction. He’s going to go where he feels is the “best atmosphere and situation for (myself).”

Texas has as good a chance as anyone here, but they are by no means the favorite for the local product, in my opinion. I truly believe that he doesn’t know where he wants to go at this point. This one is going to be a fight. 

Okay now we can stop talking about Duvernay.

Fucking A, Giles.

• immamac changed the title to Devin Duvernay "good hands"
2 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

Someone put a damn voodoo magic hex on me. I was in the $9.95 thread.  What the fuck is happening!?

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Immamac got all Thread Policy again. 

Thx.... I was like

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Enchubben said:

Can you guys take this Duvernay discussion to the football board and stopping fucking up the recruiting thread? K thx

I stopped reading right here. And now i fully understand why this thread got legs. 

I’m quite amazed how much bickering can take place between a few individuals in such a short amount of time on here. I’m picturing these people canceling meetings and blowing off legitimate workplace discussions in order to get the next digital jab in. These folks dedication to being surly is commendable and should be applauded.

• Like 3

On 6/7/2019 at 4:53 PM, Casual Encounter said:

I’m quite amazed how much bickering can take place between a few individuals in such a short amount of time on here. I’m picturing these people canceling meetings and blowing off legitimate workplace discussions in order to get the next digital jab in. These folks dedication to being surly is commendable and should be applauded.

I laughed seeing this post after reading this fucking shit heap of a thread just now. It seems accurate outside of the concept of most of these guys having meetings at “work”. fatkid goes through spells where he outpaces the bots - there’s almost no fucking way he has steady work. SydneyCarton hasn’t left his couch during a work day since the mid-aughts. As this discussion got fired up, I imagine both gave angry shouts to their mothers for meatloaf, cracked their knuckles and then really got to exploring the space here. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

55 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

fatkid goes through spells where he outpaces the bots - there’s almost no fucking way he has steady work. SydneyCarton hasn’t left his couch during a work day since the mid-aughts. As this discussion got fired up, I imagine both gave angry shouts to their mothers for meatloaf, cracked their knuckles and then really got to exploring the space here. 

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I laughed seeing this post after reading this fucking shit heap of a thread just now. It seems accurate outside of the concept of most of these guys having meetings at “work”. fatkid goes through spells where he outpaces the bots - there’s almost no fucking way he has steady work. SydneyCarton hasn’t left his couch during a work day since the mid-aughts. As this discussion got fired up, I imagine both gave angry shouts to their mothers for meatloaf, cracked their knuckles and then really got to exploring the space here. 

Every board has a few of these. Makes the Ingore option invaluable. 

• 3 weeks later...

D-Squared made list.....

College football's 10 most underrated players in 2019

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Georgia-Bulldogs-college-football-2019-Florida-Gators-Tennessee-Vols-Texas-Longhorns-Michigan-Wolverines-underrated-players-133238961/Amp/?__twitter_impression=true

DEVIN DUVERNAY, TEXAS, WR

One of the fastest players in college football, Duvernay caught 41 passes for 546 yards and four touchdowns last fall for a College Football Playoff contender, but no one talked about him. Those statistical totals bettered his two previous seasons combined for the Longhorns and helped Sam Ehlinger establish another reliable target within a talented group of pass-catchers. He didn't record a single drop last fall and ranks fourth among returning receivers nationally in passer rating when targeted (103.7), according to Pro Football Focus. Per Horns247 analyst Jeff Howe, "the bar has been set for what Duvernay is capable of doing and the Longhorns need him to continue to be consistently reliable" now that he’s found a home as the Z receiver (field-side receiver) in the pro-spread.

5 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

D-Squared made list.....

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Georgia-Bulldogs-college-football-2019-Florida-Gators-Tennessee-Vols-Texas-Longhorns-Michigan-Wolverines-underrated-players-133238961/Amp/?__twitter_impression=true

One of the fastest players in college football, Duvernay caught 41 passes for 546 yards and four touchdowns last fall for a College Football Playoff contender, but no one talked about him. Those statistical totals bettered his two previous seasons combined for the Longhorns and helped Sam Ehlinger establish another reliable target within a talented group of pass-catchers. He didn't record a single drop last fall and ranks fourth among returning receivers nationally in passer rating when targeted (103.7), according to Pro Football Focus. Per Horns247 analyst Jeff Howe, "the bar has been set for what Duvernay is capable of doing and the Longhorns need him to continue to be consistently reliable" now that he’s found a home as the Z receiver (field-side receiver) in the pro-spread.

Yeah, but it's a worthless list. Check out what they said about SlowNeal:

A hard-hitting safety with an outgoing persona, O’Neal starred as a true freshman last season during 13 appearances, leaving his mark in anticipation of his first year as an everyday starter in 2019. He recorded his first two career tackles and tackle for a loss at Alabama and grabbed his first interception in Texas A&M’s bowl win over NC State, which was also his first career start. O’Neal registered 14 tackles, 2.0 tackles for loss and one pass breakup as a situational defender and special teamer. The trash-talking athlete will play an integral role this season in College Station as the Aggies continue their turnaround under Jimbo Fisher.

• 2 months later...
On 7/3/2019 at 8:21 AM, LTtxfan said:

D-Squared made list.....

Damn, he almost passed his career best from last year in the first 4 games.

I hope you make ALL the NFL money Devin!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...