Shit I've Cooked Lately

Hollywood

turmeric and smoked paprika chicken roasted in two vinegars with castelvetrano and hojiblanco olives, capers, and pancetta. 

saw that in NYT cooking the other day.  like your riff on it.  i was thinking it could use some paprika.     

Home made ginger beer calls for some bourbon

44eb7fae027ad062653b92aa2603ab63.jpg

Also, left over tri tip makes a mean steak sandwich

a09ee7aee90c33867566acf5124c47f3.jpg

5becd3e968eae30c124c165a6c4ac23a.jpg

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Dutch said:

Is the dog in a straight jacket? Did he finally say “I cant take it anymore!” and make a leap up for some food?

Chicken dish looks fenomenale. 

haha, she had some growths removed along her back last week and there is a long set of stitches, so we are using old t-shirts instead of a cone

spacer.png

• Like 6

14 hours ago, elfenix said:

saw that in NYT cooking the other day.  like your riff on it.  i was thinking it could use some paprika.     

Home made ginger beer calls for some bourbon

44eb7fae027ad062653b92aa2603ab63.jpg

Also, left over tri tip makes a mean steak sandwich

a09ee7aee90c33867566acf5124c47f3.jpg

5becd3e968eae30c124c165a6c4ac23a.jpg

did you grill or smoke the tri-tip?  i have done them a bunch of times in the past marinating them in oil, garlic, worcestershire and lime juice and grilling over high heat, but was thinking of smoking one this weekend for the first time.

2 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

did you grill or smoke the tri-tip?  i have done them a bunch of times in the past marinating them in oil, garlic, worcestershire and lime juice and grilling over high heat, but was thinking of smoking one this weekend for the first time.

sous vide with the basics - a couple big rosemary sprigs, some crushed garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, and some red pepper flake.  sear when done (i used mayo, worked pretty well). 

i think smoking would work.  don't have ready access to my smoker or i'd probably try that myself. 

• Like 3

On 9/29/2019 at 8:16 PM, Jack Straw said:

spacer.png

turmeric and smoked paprika chicken roasted in two vinegars with castelvetrano and hojiblanco olives, capers, and pancetta.   served this with white rice for the sauce and a butter lettuce and romaine salad with mustard shallot sherry vinegar dressing 

spacer.png

lemon curd and strawberry mini tarts in phylo for dessert

Are you fat?  I bet you're fat.

On 9/30/2019 at 11:27 AM, elfenix said:

sous vide with the basics - a couple big rosemary sprigs, some crushed garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, and some red pepper flake.  sear when done (i used mayo, worked pretty well). 

i think smoking would work.  don't have ready access to my smoker or i'd probably try that myself. 

Been smoking a lot of tri-tip lately on the egg due to the quicker smokes times and size (a whole brisket is a lot to manage).  Dual-probe thermometers are a must.  Smoke to an internal temp of 130, then I transfer to a raging hot cast iron skillet and sear on all sides.  Let rest for roughly ten minutes and serve.  Been running the pre-marinaded Costco versions.  Starting my own marinade/seasoning options.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

spacer.png

lasagna with homemade bolognese and marinara sauces

I'm sure this is some sort of weird optical illusion with the angles and focal point, but at first I assumed this was photoshop. Like, it looks like you a took a picture of your pup looking at an empty bowl and pasted the lasagna on it. 

10/10 would eat though.

2 hours ago, ERhine said:

Spicy Crawfish Fettucine

i'd like to see the recipe for this one too if you will post it.  i've always used Emeril's crawfish cream pasta "bites" recipe for this dish (and use all different kinds of pasta from time to time for variety) and it is amazing - looks like your might be similar.  

On 10/22/2019 at 1:46 PM, LebongJames said:

Recipe? Looks incredible 

On 10/22/2019 at 1:52 PM, Jack Straw said:

i'd like to see the recipe for this one too if you will post it.  i've always used Emeril's crawfish cream pasta "bites" recipe for this dish (and use all different kinds of pasta from time to time for variety) and it is amazing - looks like your might be similar.  

It's Donald Link's recipe from his cookbook Real Cajun.  Hopefully this link works:

Recipe

• Like 1

I'm sure my gringo ass fucked this up somehow, but the final product turned out great, plus I had fun doing it.

Had some leftover Cattleack BBQ...brisket, pork steak, and hole hog.  Decided to do breakfast tacos...obviously.

Swung through my local La Michoacana to get some accompanying ingredients.

Not sure it counts as shit I've cooked or just shit I've repurposed/reheated lately.  But whatever...

sp7GNk.jpg

ScLbXf.jpg

Edited by Landomatic
  • Like 5

Tri tip is a really quick smoke, 20-30 min then sear it. Been a while but it was a damn auto homerun every time I’ve done it
  • Like 1

On 10/27/2019 at 7:57 AM, Landomatic said:

I'm sure my gringo ass fucked this up somehow, but the final product turned out great, plus I had fun doing it.

Had some leftover Cattleack BBQ...brisket, pork steak, and hole hog.  Decided to do breakfast tacos...obviously.

Swung through my local La Michoacana to get some accompanying ingredients.

Not sure it counts as shit I've cooked or just shit I've repurposed/reheated lately.  But whatever...

sp7GNk.jpg

ScLbXf.jpg

man, thats winning to me - leftovers made into homemade breakfast tacos are a regular weekend ritual in my house.  leftover brisket? brisket tacos.  leftover cheese enchiladas with mole?  mole enchilada tacos.  leftover relleno?  renello tacos.  leftover pork chop?  pork tacos.

great escabeche, salsa, tortillas, and pickled red onions are staples in my house just for this.  i buy the jarred escabeche by the 1/2 case  😂

• Like 1