Shit I've Cooked Lately

Hollywood

11 minutes ago, HouTex said:

Yep, and there are good instapot versions of BB that are excellent and they take about 45 min start to finish. I did one two weeks ago that looked just like the one above.

Indeed, I've done a couple and they're great. Just feel like busting out the dutch oven on occasion 

4 hours ago, hopkinsnhorns said:

Looks fantastic, but why don't they call it what it really is: boeuf bourguignon?

2 hours ago, elfenix said:

missing pearl onions, not beef burgundy

Not to mention the mushrooms are cooked along with the beef, whereas in beef bourguignon they're sauteed separately and added back just prior to serving.  Also you're sieving and reducing the cooking liquid (something I didn't see listed in the methodin BB before serving.  Small differences, yes, but ones I imagine would impart a slightly different flavor to the sauce than you'd get with a traditional BB. The wine braised beef with mushrooms nonetheless looked amazing, and I fully intend on trying it in the near future.

Garlic-Lime Avocado Scrimps

3-4 Tbs Butter

4 cloves garlic, minced

cilantro, as desired.

salt/ pepper/ paprika/ cayenne

juice of one medium lime

15-18 medium, frozen shrimp peeled, deveined, and no tail

1 medium to large avocado, diced

melt butter in large skillet over medium high heat( 6-7 on a 10 pt scale) add garlic. Saute for about 2-3 minutes.

add scrimps, cilantro, and seasoning, Stir. Add lime juice.  Let it cook until meat is defrosted and warm.

Add avocado. Stir gently.  Serve over/ with pasta, rice, or plain( works for Keto)

Made this today and it was just freaking great.  Sorry no pics.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

As good a place as any to put this. Just got a duck egg plug in the neighborhood, anything they are distinctly better for than regular eggs that I should make?

I don’t know about distinctly better but crack one over some steak tartare. 

13 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

As good a place as any to put this. Just got a duck egg plug in the neighborhood, anything they are distinctly better for than regular eggs that I should make?

steak tartare is a good suggestion.  another is as a nice accoutrement to homemade sushi rolls after frying.  boiling them and slicing up can add a lot of richness to an otherwise boring salad as well.

On 3/13/2020 at 4:16 PM, Hank_Hill said:

Have a feeling this thread is about to get a lot of action with the quarantining, stoked

Quarantine Kabobs

Peppers, onion and pineapple...

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/5697/oXoGuo.jpg

Chicken and shrimp...

XUAEbx.jpg

Assemble with a little sprinkle of Slap Ya Mama...

8KKNmH.jpg

Grill...

pYA0ok.jpg

And serve.  Pretty damn good and something a little different as I'm already starting to get bored with the shit I already normally cook...

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/6761/q0XTEO.jpg

• Like 2

Picked up a couple corned beef brisket flats during quarantine prep. Seasoned with black pepper, mustard, coriander, pickling spice etc and smoked.  Kids eating pastrami ruebens while the wife and I polish off some pork, spinach, and tomato stew. Now stew picks but it was phenomenal. 

A5-E2-C349-834-E-476-B-ADFE-429-F2-A9854

F2-D00-BC5-F0-C8-4593-806-A-6-E0-BE914-B

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

My no pics wife and kids are out of town, threw something together to stay at casa de stanco.

Had some asparagus, threw it in a ziploc with salt, pepper, bit of olive oil and a quarter lemon wedge juice. Also some raw white sesame seeds. Shrimp was going to be used for something else but I ate it anyhow. Sat for an hour in lime juice, salt and pepper, and "heated" it with butter and fresh dill. Little paprika for color.

7dce8acf4ad5642faa7258044653ec2d.jpg