Shit I've Cooked Lately

Hollywood

Made jambalaya mostly following the Donald Link recipe but used bought stock and did a quick smoke on the chicken. There’s a lot of cooking stuff down to brown and then deglazing. First the sausage and deglaze and remove. Then onions twice, then the rest of the vegetables and spices a couple of times and end up with this.

7f25c551f8cfcbc3228cb9625053d83c.jpg

Then add the meat back.

c1116adfb58413080a6afbce9c5b7755.jpg

Then the rice and stock and cook for 30-40 mins.

3a8b882ddd34e48bab44acd87300790f.jpg

Came out great. Also fried a few shrimp as a side dish.

2a1949353612f108b6e650e2c960d963.jpg

• Like 5

On 4/26/2020 at 10:05 AM, Chewbacca said:

Didn't get any finished pics because i was drunk and hungry, but my youngest wanted to make Hattie Bs hot chicken last night. Fuck, that was amazing. dd55551edc1084a90d4613b74e1c5680.jpg

My youngest is headed to Nashville for college. I went there during our last visit. Do you have that recipe? Great chicken. That looks really good.

I can eat fried chicken for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

My youngest is headed to Nashville for college. I went there during our last visit. Do you have that recipe? Great chicken. That looks really good.
My son just searched Google for a hot chicken recipe and that is the one he found. I couldn't tell you where he got it, though.
  • Like 1

My son just searched Google for a hot chicken recipe and that is the one he found. I couldn't tell you where he got it, though.

1 hour ago, luke duke said:
15 hours ago, Chewbacca said:
16 hours ago, Tailgate said:

He was really searching “Hot Carl” and the Google autopopulate feature saved him

1 hour ago, luke duke said:
15 hours ago, Chewbacca said:
16 hours ago, Tailgate said:

He was really searching “Hot Carl” and the Google autopopulate feature saved him

yZouu6s.gif

2 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

yZouu6s.gif

I did witness what is causing this error. The last post I made was posted, but it didn't refresh the page, and it kept my text in the field from the previous post. At that point pretty easy for folks to double click thinking the original didn't post, or to come back later and think "Huh, I swear I posted that" and doing it again. It's a real bug. 

On 4/17/2020 at 6:39 AM, Landomatic said:

Check Out This Fucking Club Sandwich:

cSJ59w.jpg

Side of jalapeño ranch.  Should have doubled the meat and cheese...lil too bready.  Not bad though.  Nice to have something a little different.  Struggling to come up with more than just leftovers for lunch right now.

On 4/17/2020 at 6:41 AM, South Austin said:

Good looking bread sandwich. 

On 4/17/2020 at 6:46 AM, ss13 said:

Don’t see many BLCs posted around here. The rare bread/lettuce/cheese. 

Better?

5H47AC.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Fat Bastard said:

Starting to empty the freezer of all the meat rations I loaded up on during Covid season. Felt like making some cheesesteaks. Had some ribeyes from Costco that I sliced thin. Finished with mushrooms and homemade Mustard Blend. Plate is a salad plate for scale. Slammed/went hard. I’ll see myself to some more allopurinol.

f12ec1fab36afebefaf65d36ee721dd0.jpg

856dce50da2b5f59eb7c8fcd7095d6f8.jpg

dce2c56f2444c779133b537dfc214b4f.jpg

51a32b870d21643c3c7cb79b51893b36.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is...well, really fucking awesome.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Fat Bastard said:

Starting to empty the freezer of all the meat rations I loaded up on during Covid season. Felt like making some cheesesteaks. Had some ribeyes from Costco that I sliced thin. Finished with mushrooms and homemade Mustard Blend. Plate is a salad plate for scale. Slammed/went hard. I’ll see myself to some more allopurinol.

spacer.png

16 hours ago, Fat Bastard said:

Blend recipe? Know a variation of Texadelphias has been posted by P Swayze but never saved it 

25 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Blend recipe? Know a variation of Texadelphias has been posted by P Swayze but never saved it 

2 parts mayo

1 part Guldens spicy brown mustard

kikkoman Teriyaki and honey to taste.

The teriyaki gives it the bite and honey the smooth/sweetness. 

I mix the mayo/mustard quantities I want then start adding the teriyaki and honey to taste. It’s an exact carbon copy. If u have too much bite from the teriyaki, need to add some more honey. Let it all set up in the fridge for a couple of hours too

• Like 3