Shit I've Cooked Lately

Hollywood

I'm multi-grain for most luncheon cold cut sandwiches, and even hot/toasted sandwiches like grilled cheese or tuna melts. But patty melts need to be on rye, preferably, or white Texas toast as a secondary option. I'd never make a patty melt with whole grain/wheat.

That being said, if someone made that patty melt for me, I would happily chow down.  

3 hours ago, Party_Taco said:

Make the Kimchi at the link, cook your fries to 80% then toss in portion of cabbage/sauce, return to high heat with desired portion of Kimchi remains. Probably 5 mins at most after that.

https://www.poketo.com/blogs/journal/recipe-roy-choi-s-kimchi

Appreciated.  I make kimchi regularly so this will definitely get a tryout in the near future.

I got started on Kimchi and spinach omelettes a few years ago.  Sounds odd but is a tasty healthy breakfast.

• Like 1

If you don’t mind previously frozen lobster, it’s not all that expensive and tastes great off the grill. Slather on some herbed garlic butter, pair with a rosé from Provence and a green salad, and you’ve increased your chances of getting laid by a factor of ten, whether with your lady friend or your hand.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, South Austin said:

If you don’t mind previously frozen lobster, it’s not all that expensive and tastes great off the grill. Slather on some herbed garlic butter, pair with a rosé from Provence and a green salad, and you’ve increased your chances of getting laid by a factor of ten, whether with your lady friend or your hand.

This man gets it.  It all just works really well together

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, South Austin said:

Bottle of Billecart Salmon Rose while prepping that dinner gets you at least a bj at the table while eating said lobster

• Like 3

On 7/28/2020 at 6:18 PM, CooterBrown said:

Not fancy but I do this once a week on a cast iron pizza pan...marinated chicken, onions, poblanos, mushrooms, tomatoes, and squash, all covered in Monterey Jack. Serve with tortillas and avocados. It’s probably our favorite meal.

c3cbecd3116b59748891380d1a2c5b3c.jpg

What's in the marinade? Do you use the same for the chicken as the veggies?

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

What's in the marinade? Do you use the same for the chicken as the veggies?

For the chicken...juice of an orange and two limes, soy sauce, avocado oil, 4 garlic cloves, salt, pepper, cumin, chipotle powder, smoked paprika.  2 hours in the marinade is enough.

Grill chicken set aside, then grill mushrooms half way before adding onions, peppers, and squash. Put the chicken back and cover with cheese until melted.

I season the veggies with just a salt-pepper-garlic powder mix.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, McFly said:

Mojo recipe? Been trying to find a good one. 

This is what I used from saveur.com.  Just mix ingredients together and let it sit all day in the fridge.  Didn’t use fresh oregano however.   It’s pretty much what I marinated the pork in for 5 hours.

• 14 cup fresh orange juice
  • 14 cup fresh lime juice
  • 14 cup olive oil
  • 1 tsp. kosher salt
  • 12 tsp. finely chopped fresh oregano
  • 14 tsp. ground cumin
  • 18 tsp. dried oregano
  • 12 cloves garlic, minced

Son requested a giant chocolate chip cookie from HEB for his birthday this week. 
Since we are not going into HEB during the Covid crap even though it is open, Mrs. Brat decided to bake it herself.

Anyway today she baked an 11” diameter “practice” cookie today for me, but with chopped pecans instead of chocolate chips. She will trim son’s up with some chocolate icing..

53CFD101-2A0F-4234-A0E0-B031B4FA7E7D.jpeg

Edited by Armybrat
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

On 7/30/2020 at 6:01 PM, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Masitas (Cuban fried pork chunks covered in garlic and mojo sauce)

e2ad58e2b325cc9f25033b7e326bb548.jpg

This post inspired me. I’ve got pork shoulder chunks marinating in the mojo. What was your method for cooking the pork? Looks like you added some sliced onion in the skillet.

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Lamb ribs for lunch.  Overnight sous vide @ 160, couple hours on the smoker to finish, basted with some drippings, ACV, lemon juice, and onions. Finished with a fresh squeeze of lemon. Served with a tomato cucumber basil and feta salad, and some greek yogurt.

163-FBA74-1362-47-F9-ACC8-14096-E13-C34-

F0-B81115-46-D4-4802-B86-C-81-C08123-F31 

Again, we’ll done. Please tell us these culinary performances are getting you laid.

• Haha 1

Lamb ribs for lunch.  Overnight sous vide @ 160, couple hours on the smoker to finish, basted with some drippings, ACV, lemon juice, and onions. Finished with a fresh squeeze of lemon. Served with a tomato cucumber basil and feta salad, and some greek yogurt.

163-FBA74-1362-47-F9-ACC8-14096-E13-C34-E.jpg

F0-B81115-46-D4-4802-B86-C-81-C08123-F319.jpg 

Where’d you get those? I LOVE lamb ribs.

3 hours ago, South Austin said:

This post inspired me. I’ve got pork shoulder chunks marinating in the mojo. What was your method for cooking the pork? Looks like you added some sliced onion in the skillet.

Below is the recipe.  The key is to do the water and oil mixture.  You boil/simmer the pork after it marinates for 4-5 hours for about 30-45 minutes.  The goal is for the water to evaporate at the end and what you have left is the oil which then fries the meat until it is crispy. I don’t think I simmered it high enough as after 45 minutes there was still too much liquid in the pan.  I dumped some of the liquid and then added a little more oil.  Once the pork was crisp I took it out and set it aside, added thinly sliced onions and sautéed those for about 5 minutes until brown and tender.  Then added the crispy pork back in and mixed it up.  Once on the plate you can pour a little mojo sauce on the pork.

2 1/2 pounds boneless country-style ribs or pork shoulder, trimmed of fat

10-12 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed

1 large onion, chopped

½ cup sour orange juice (or ¼ cup unsweetened orange juice and ¼ cup lime juice)

2 cups water

1 cup extra virgin olive oil

1/2 teaspoon salt

½ teaspoon pepper

1/2 onion, sliced into rings

1 lime, cut in wedges

1 teaspoon cumin

1 teaspoon oregano

1Cut pork into 2-inch chunks. 

2Prepare marinade:

3Mix garlic, onion, orange juice, ½ cup olive oil, salt, pepper, cumin and oregano. Pour over pork chunks and marinate for least 4 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.

4Remove meat from marinade and pat dry with a paper towel. Place the meat in a pot with 2 cups of lightly salted water and ½ cup of olive oil. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer, uncovered, until all water boils away -- about 30 to 45 minutes.

5Lightly brown the cooked pork in the melted fat until crispy on the outside, about 10 minutes. Be careful not to overcook. Toss in the onion slices and sauté briefly. For extra flavor, squeeze some fresh lime juice on the pork and garnish with lime wedges.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Where’d you get those? I LOVE lamb ribs.

https://www.hudspethriverranch.com/

They don't appear to currently have any in stock, but they do have lamb shoulder which would smoke up quite nice. They have a place to pick up in San Antonio, but they also ship.  Had to do a big order to make the shipping work out.  Those were the last 3 ribs out of the case. 

Son requested a giant chocolate chip cookie from HEB for his birthday this week. 
Since we are not going into HEB during the Covid crap even though it is open, Mrs. Brat decided to bake it herself.
Anyway today she baked an 11” diameter “practice” cookie today for me, but with chopped pecans instead of chocolate chips. She will trim son’s up with some chocolate icing..

53CFD101-2A0F-4234-A0E0-B031B4FA7E7D.thumb.jpeg.4a389de0cb47921a0121137b9ccee8ef.jpeg
That's bullshit. Why don't you get chocolate?
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

b788a2d0624c98033d606827a7e797de.jpg
smoked leg of lamb on the left, smoked lamb ribs on the right, accoutrements in the middle, smoking hot milf by my side.

a good Saturday was had...

Looks good except for all the brush that apparently blew in all over it, and of course the rest of the picture which didn’t load.

Edited by Armybrat
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Errestaurants said:

Well may not be lobster but caught some catfish so we fried it up. Catfish and Billecart Salmon Rosec30c69409bd21fb066ac5bc538173122.jpgaa9e2db768b780fcfd8e7b1832840e9d.jpg7505895aa03aaee86e4a45fa402f8c2b.jpgb13ad9dce797d8cd24ca1705a01fe539.jpg4cf9e8a689da8ebaca2a7d3c5c00f9e5.jpg74ef0cc86c1b7de08e771a17089754a6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Choice of champagne and glasses - kind of gay.

Pic of hot SO - not gay.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Below is the recipe.  The key is to do the water and oil mixture.  You boil/simmer the pork after it marinates for 4-5 hours for about 30-45 minutes.  The goal is for the water to evaporate at the end and what you have left is the oil which then fries the meat until it is crispy. I don’t think I simmered it high enough as after 45 minutes there was still too much liquid in the pan.  I dumped some of the liquid and then added a little more oil.  Once the pork was crisp I took it out and set it aside, added thinly sliced onions and sautéed those for about 5 minutes until brown and tender.  Then added the crispy pork back in and mixed it up.  Once on the plate you can pour a little mojo sauce on the pork.

2 1/2 pounds boneless country-style ribs or pork shoulder, trimmed of fat

10-12 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed

1 large onion, chopped

½ cup sour orange juice (or ¼ cup unsweetened orange juice and ¼ cup lime juice)

2 cups water

1 cup extra virgin olive oil

1/2 teaspoon salt

½ teaspoon pepper

1/2 onion, sliced into rings

1 lime, cut in wedges

1 teaspoon cumin

1 teaspoon oregano

1Cut pork into 2-inch chunks. 

2Prepare marinade:

3Mix garlic, onion, orange juice, ½ cup olive oil, salt, pepper, cumin and oregano. Pour over pork chunks and marinate for least 4 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.

4Remove meat from marinade and pat dry with a paper towel. Place the meat in a pot with 2 cups of lightly salted water and ½ cup of olive oil. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer, uncovered, until all water boils away -- about 30 to 45 minutes.

5Lightly brown the cooked pork in the melted fat until crispy on the outside, about 10 minutes. Be careful not to overcook. Toss in the onion slices and sauté briefly. For extra flavor, squeeze some fresh lime juice on the pork and garnish with lime wedges.

I’m making this right now. My kitchen smells like a garlic factory. My simmer looks to be getting closer to 45 minutes to reduce most of the water, but the pork is looking great. This Luddite doesn’t know how to post pics.