Shit I've Cooked Lately

Hollywood

1 hour ago, VABuckeye said:

I haven't posted in this thread since the migration from the old shithole.

You lie!

https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?/topic/95-shit-ive-cooked-lately/&do=findComment&comment=239475

Of course just giving you shit.  That looks great.  Rep alone for making your own pasta.  Would smash, two plates minimum.

4 hours ago, solamente73 said:

You lie!

https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?/topic/95-shit-ive-cooked-lately/&do=findComment&comment=239475

Of course just giving you shit.  That looks great.  Rep alone for making your own pasta.  Would smash, two plates minimum.

Damn. I’m really getting forgetful in my old age. 

Smoked a 4 lb beef rib rack for the game yesterday and it tuned out fantastic. First time doing a beef rib but went with the Aaron Franklin method.

2uy3ksx.jpg

Shout out to Rudolph's in Deep Ellum. I called 6 different places before finding a butcher that actually had some in. 

103ahac.jpg

Slathered with Louisiana hot sauce and equal parts salt and pepper for the rub.

35cobhy.jpg

Bout 5 hours in checked it and spritzed with some water to keep the ends from burning

346m4bn.jpg

Money Shot

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Party_Taco said:

Was that done on an egg? If so, how’d you dial it in?

Had myself a nice little breakfast yesterday:

964f6c8eaaee26840c71b3eb5df5d8fb.jpg

Of you're asking me then yes it was on a vision grill smoker. I let the temp start lower and creep up to 285. It was a 9 hour smoke and pretty much stayed right at 285 for six of it. The rest of the time it hovered +\- 20 degrees until I got it locked in fiddling with the upper and lower vents. I used a mix of hickory and oak chips which seemed to work well for the flavor.

• Like 2

On 11/4/2018 at 9:39 AM, TankedBevo said:

Smoked a 4 lb beef rib rack for the game yesterday and it tuned out fantastic. First time doing a beef rib but went with the Aaron Franklin method.

2uy3ksx.jpg

Shout out to Rudolph's in Deep Ellum. I called 6 different places before finding a butcher that actually had some in. 

103ahac.jpg

Slathered with Louisiana hot sauce and equal parts salt and pepper for the rub.

35cobhy.jpg

Bout 5 hours in checked it and spritzed with some water to keep the ends from burning

346m4bn.jpg

Money Shot

Costco usually has them.

Cross posted from sous vide thread.
Lamb shanks, sous vide @ 142 deg for 48 hours. Red wine reduction of the drippings out the bag. With cauliflower mash. #TuesdayDinner

AE225-EE7-030-A-4952-8-E77-A4-D2-FC6-EA6-BB.jpg

Would devour. I’ve done cauliflower rice a bunch, what do you use in your cauliflower mash? Blend it with milk, butter or heavy cream?

21 hours ago, PorscheGuy said:

Would devour. I’ve done cauliflower rice a bunch, what do you use in your cauliflower mash? Blend it with milk, butter or heavy cream?

Back before burneko went full CR, he had some solid recipes on foodspin. Look up his cauliflower recipe. But this is basically it:

Steam a head of cauliflower until fork tender

Put in blender with cream cheese, heavy cream, salt, black pepper, handful of parm and blend until smooth. (I add garlic here, too)

Pour into baking dish and top with more parm and drizzle with olive oil. 

Put into a 375 degree oven and bake until cheese is browning and bubbling. 

Tell everyone else to fuck off and devour. 

• Like 3

Made beef bourguignon this weekend in my pressure cooker for the first time.  Found a recipe for it that stayed pretty close to the Julia Childs recipe but added a wee bit of soy sauce, fish sauce, and tomato paste.  I would have used a pinot noir, the driest of the reds, but I only had a merlot.  3 cups.  Taking the skins off of pearl onions is a pain in the ass, even blanching, but it's worth it.  To cut up the bacon bits, I put half the package (6 oz) in the freezer for an hour.  I took extra care to really dry the steak to get the best sear in the bacon fat.  I also used Better Than Bouillon because it rocks. 2 cups of that broth.  I love this thread and the plate shots, which put mine to shame   The final product looks like slop over mashed potatoes.  But it is fucking heavenly flavors.  I included the pro pic from the recipe website.

Pro tip.  Make it the day before.  And then add the buttered mushrooms before serving.  My teens don't like them because I am a bad father.  Pressure cooker destroys mushrooms, so I added them to my plate, not shown.  

7eab3097-e789-4749-9fb3-475c6228ded4-ori1bc481f3-4a84-4326-8e47-6882757591df-orif47b729d-76f6-4a5c-a6f7-0eb0d9897b49-ori6d52e8f1-11e0-48a3-acd0-266f33bf8eaa-ori4fed2ff8-3565-41eb-acf5-979d96413c1c-oride11758d-ed63-4764-9341-3cc9b732162e-oriBeef-Bourgignon-IMAGE-RECIPE-17.jpg?w=15

https://cafedelites.com/beef-bourguignon/

If you don't like the pressure cooker, the recipe has traditional or slow cooker method.

• Like 3