Shit I've Cooked Lately

Hollywood

5 hours ago, irishtexan said:

Looks delicious. But the flour tortillas make those burritos. Not enchiladas. Pos rep regardless.

Agree. Those look awesome. But flour tortillas take on a spongy texture with enchiladas that I don’t like. Still looks great and would hammer that plate. 

Agree. Those look awesome. But flour tortillas take on a spongy texture with enchiladas that I don’t like. Still looks great and would hammer that plate. 

Yeah that’s true and I thought we had corn as I headed to the store and came home disappointed. That said, the broiler did some work on the flour and they were tasty af.

On 8/31/2019 at 12:08 PM, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Difficult to describe how much I love BLTs during peak tomato season. Usually load up on the bacon, but this time of the year the tomato has to be the star.

Spoiler

f54b819da087b6ccbec0d2301641173e.jpg

to quote Kenji Lopez-Alt:

A BLT is not a well-dressed bacon sandwich; it's a tomato sandwich, seasoned with bacon. From this premise, all else follows.

and

Indeed, a better name for the BLT might well be the Tomato Club, for it is the perfect tomato, not the bacon, that is the rarest, the most ephemeral, the most singularly delicious ingredient. A BLT is not a democracy. It is not a committee meeting. It is a dictatorship, and the tomato is King, Queen, and Supreme Leader. In the BLT universe, the Prime Directive is that all other ingredients shall be at Her Majesty's service, their only role to prop her up and enhance her best qualities.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

DWvWCibVQAAyUiA.jpg

By that rationale, you're pretty much saying tomatoes are better and more important than bacon.  And that is simply not true.  Regardless of whether we're talking BLT's or what,.

you can get excellent bacon year round

that is not the case w/ tomatoes. 

i love BTL's but there are very few things that i love more than a perfect BLT with amazing tomatoes...

• Like 2

Wife was sick so I made her some homemade chicken noodle soup.  Pretty damn good for just winging it...

Had some leftover fried chicken.

uagmKN.jpg

Used the bones and breading to create a broth.  I see them do this on the cooking channel all the time, so I figured why not.  Worked pretty well.

P06HH4.jpg

Onion, garlic and some other ingredients.

HY9VpG.jpg

LF0q0V.jpg

Get a little sweat going on the onion and garlic.

DqmTX5.jpg

Add other veggies to get them good and cooked down.

fIalfR.jpg

ExIItG.jpg

Cooked in homemade broth (plus some plain water and chicken stock from a box) and added some fresh basil just because I had it for a really long time before adding noodles and chicken so as not to over cook them.

z6QPPK.jpg

Serve and get laid once she's feeling better.

gan6gQ.jpg

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, Kennythetiger said:

Dude, no sauce needed- first you eat the steak, then the tomatoes, then you use the garlic toast to mop up the sauce and steak juices.  

Man, sometimes this place is like playing cards with my brother's kids.  

This guy knows what's what.  There was more sauce in the pan.  It ended up on my plate and then in my belly.

Man, I didn’t even take any pics. Just made straight up carnitas tacos. Slow roasted pork rubbed with oil and salt, roasted to lightly crisp exterior, then rough chopped it in with some of the pan crispies/drippings. Grabbed some fresh tortillas from the Mexican grocery yesterday, heated on the griddle. Make tacos with carnitas, smear of avocado, salsa verde, fresh onions and cilantro, and a squeeze of lime. It’s the pure simplicity that makes it great.

• Like 2